[Written] Shadow Runners

Peridank

Shadow Runners are Shadows impersonating Creatures of the wild. They focus on building from past synchros. From there original 3... to 6... to 9... and finally to 12. There are a total of 5 synchro monsters. 2 lv 6s and 2 lv 9s. Along with the Main boss at 12.

[Spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]

Shadow Runner K9

LV 3

DARK

ATK 1400/DEF 1000

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1) When this card is summoned; you can reveal 1 "Shadow Runner" monster from your hand: Draw 1 card. (2) This card can be used as a Non-Tuner monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Shadow Runner" monster.

Shadow Runner Puma

LV 3

DARK

ATK 800/ DEF 1800

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1) When this card is destroyed by battle or by card effect: Add 1 "Shadow Runner" card to your hand. (2) This card can be used as a Non-Tuner monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Shadow Runner" monster.

Shadow Runner Hare

LV 3

DARK

ATK 300/ DEF 900

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1)  While this card is in the Graveyard; you can discard 1 "Shadow Runner" monster: Special Summon it. (2) This card can be used as a Non-Tuner monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Shadow Runner" monster. You can only use the (1) effect of "Shadow Runner Hare" once per turn.

Shadow Runner Chimp

LV 3

DARK

ATK 1200/ DEF 1200

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1) When you Normal Summon a "Shadow Runner" monster; you can Special Summon this card from your hand. (2) When this card is Banished: Draw 1 card.

Shadow Runner Hen

LV 3

DARK

ATK 600/DEF 500

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1) You can tribute this card: Special Summon 1 "Shadow Runner" from your Graveyard. (Except "Shadow Runner Hen")

Shadow Runner Armadillo

LV 3

DARK

ATK 300/DEF 1000

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1) Twice per turn; this face-up card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect. (2) You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.

Shadow Runner Croc

LV 3

DARK

ATK 1600/DEF 900

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1) When this card destroys a monster by battle: Add 1 "Shadow Runner" from your Deck to your hand. (2) When this card is destroyed: Draw 1 card.

Shadow Runner Chipmunk

LV 3

DARK

ATK 500/DEF 400

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

(1) You can discard 1 card: Special Summon this card from your hand. (2) This card can be used as a Non-Tuner monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Shadow Runner" monster.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters]

Shadow Runner Rex

LV 6

DARK

ATK 2100/DEF 1900

Fiend/Synchro/Effect

1 or more Non-Tuner monsters + 1 "Shadow Runner" Tuner monster

(1) You can Banish 1 "Shadow Runner" monster from your Graveyard: Destroy 1 face-down card on the field.

Shadow Runner Griffin

LV 6

DARK

ATK 2400/DEF 2000

Fiend/Synchro/Effect

(1) If this card would be removed from the field; you can Banish 1 "Shadow Runner" monster from your Graveyard instead.

Shadow Runner Sphinx

LV9

DARK

ATK 2800/DEF 2200

(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned while you have 5 or more Banished monsters: Shuffle all Banished monsters into the Deck, if you do, draw 2 cards. (2) Once per turn; you can Banish 1 "Shadow Runner" monster from your Graveyard: Gain 1000 LP.

Shadow Runner Dragon

LV 9

DARK

ATK 2600/DEF 2000

(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned while you have 5 or more Banished monsters: Shuffle all Banished monsters into the Deck, if you do, draw 2 cards. (2)  Once per turn; you can Banish 1 "Shadow Runner" monster from your Graveyard: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

Shadow Runner Manticore

LV 12

DARK

ATK 3500/DEF 2500

1 "Shadow Runner" Synchro monster + 1 "Shadow Runner" Tuner monster

(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned: Special Summon as many Banished "Shadow Runner" monsters as possible. You can only control 1 face-up "Shadow Runner Manticore".

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Traps]

Shadow Runner Illusion (note: it's "illusion")

Normal Trap

(1) When any number of "Shadow Runner" monsters would leave the field; you can activate this card instead.

Shadow Runner Rebirth

Continuous Trap

(1) Target 1 Banished "Shadow Runner" monster: Special Summon that target and equip this card. (2) When this card leaves the field: Destroy that monster (3) When that monster leaves the field: Destroy this card.

Gathering of Shadows

Normal Trap

(1) Reveal 1 "Shadow Runner" from your hand: Add 2 "Shadow Runners" from your Graveyard to your hand.

[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Spells]

Shadow Forming

Normal Spell

(1) Add 1 "Shadow Runner" monster to your hand from your Deck.

Shadow Runner Sacrifice

Normal Spell

(1) Discard up to 2 "Shadow Runner" monsters: Draw the same number of cards. (2) You can only activate 1 "Shadow Runner Sacrifice" per turn.

Shadow Exchange

Normal Spell

(1) Banish up to 2 "Shadow Runner" monsters from your Graveyard: Send the same number of "Shadow Runner" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard.
[/Spoiler]

CnC appreciated

Note: I'd like to mention a good tech card is Gates of Dark World. Speeding the deck while getting monsters banished and keeping the grave intact.

Note 2: Another good tech card is shadow impulse... to switch rex on destruction for a defensive Griffin... or the same for Dragon and Sphinx.

The extra deck is a little overpowered considering that the effects of banishing monsters from the graveyard to inflict or gain 1000 LP are not limited to once per turn, allowing easy OTK or just ridiculous burn and LP gains. also, considering that the synchro materials go to the grave so you may get at least 2 sets of the effect off after synchro summoning, also the Chimp give you a draw when you banish them, furthering the strength. Adding on to it all, it hhas ridiculous search power too, the search power is probably fine, it's just that added on to what it already has to offer makes it a slight bit farfetched. This is just my opinion, also the fact that this deck (this is also a good thing) flows and links well to churn out synchros in nearly every situation, would make it, if it were in real life, so solid that it would be "metal" without the "L".

So... Dragon and Sphinx you think are over the top? I thought it was balanced seeing how it would be reckless to remove all monsters from grave... but I can see your point... once I add the spells and traps... there could be issues. Making adjustments now.

EDIT: Changed to twice per turn to keep usefulness but not go over the top

I still think, twice per turn is strong. considering if you get out the level 12, you can then bring out 4 monsters synchro into 2 dragons or 2 sphinx or 1 each and wreck the house. Also, if you use Soul Absorption like I do, you can have 3 absorptions up, plus the gain 1000, to gain 5000 life points in one turn, even if you run 2 soul's, you gain 4000, or just do 2000 and gain 2000. It's still a ridiculous effect, along with the spells, you can banish easily, and get more ammunition from deck to grave, and then also, get more ammunition for a pot of greed draw. It's still a good flowing deck. But the extra deck needs toning down. (Again, it's just my opinion and nothing else, you can keep it like this and that, but just heed, If it ends up too strong it'll get moved to casual) I'm not forcing you to change it, do whatever you want with your deck, because thats the beauty of it, it's YOURS. I'm just giving some criticism because other people on the forums can't be bothered.

I wasn't looking for a OP deck so this info helps alot. Do you think the Rex pop should be changed to say Twice per turn?

Also... after test running... you are right. The burn is too much... the lp gain isn't as used as much so idk.  (Mainly cuz it's not needed)

Making changes now...

EDIT: Done... Sphinx and Dragon have a hard OTP clause. Also another tech card from irl added.

Once per turn is much better. And the LP gain can still be used, as I said, if you were to run Soul Absorption and such. But OTP is good. For Rex:  Twice per turn would be a little strong considering the deck has the ability to easily put Shadow Runners in the Graveyard unless you have restrictions like, "Destroy 1 Face-up card", "Destroy 1 Face-Down Card" or "Destroy 1 Monster (or Spell/Trap) Card" OTP is good for no limit, destroy any card (Especially if the Synchro is only Level 6), but with restriction to the destruction parameters, TPT is good too. But always remember, it is incredibly easy to bring out Level 6 Synchros.

Sorry for being so critical and stuff. I just really enjoy stuff like this. Also, to be honest, no one else is bothering to give you criticism. Again, sorry, it seems like I'm hammering you with requirements. You don't have to go a long with everything I say. 

No I really appreciate it... like you said. Not many people CnC cards especially the same cards again and again to get them right. Its good that you are critical. When I post a card(s) and get no CnC I'm left to wonder:

A. Are they boring

B. Are they OP

C. Are they stupid

etc.

Ty again.

Archived