[Leaderboard] yugiohcreator876 vs Gadjiltron

Rules:
All 
Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by March 7th, 11:59PM PST wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants and myself have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why we don't accept it.
Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
Create a lifelink-like monster.

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

34i62ar.jpg

2 Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters
When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, you gain Life Points equal to the damage inflicted. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material to negate the activation of a Spell/Trap Card and destroy it.

Card B

5PLSWFd.jpg

Cannot be used as Material for a Synchro or Xyz Summon unless you have gained LP this turn. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Gain LP equal to the battle damage inflicted. During the Battle Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Level 7 or higher Synchro Monster using this card you control (this is a Quick Effect). That monster cannot attack this turn.

Card A basically negates S/T cards (and for most intents/purposes, negation should be avoided because it's still a potent effect). Although given the wording, it only works during your turn; but at the most, you can negate some BTH/BTS or whatever backrow the opponent likes to play.

Can't block Raigeki or any opponent turn stuff, so...

Plus, it can be summoned rather easily in certain Decks and definitely can pull off that LP restoration effect.

--

Card B can basically go into any Level 7+ Synchro you like after it attacks via its own effect, since it will restore the LP; and essentially gives you a new boss to destroy a monster and stuff.

Or you can just combo this beforehand with any normal LP restoration card, and proceed to Synchro/Xyz normally.

--

B takes it in this case.

While gaining a new boss in the middle of the BP might sound strong, it does require setup in order for you to do it.

A is spammable by a few Decks, and factors in negation effects, but most of us know why we need to play around those carefully.

Card A:
I feel we already have enough problems with Void Ogre Dragon, Shi En and Cyber Dragon Infinity, both cards you have to invest a lot more resources into than this card. With such, this card outclasses Shi En for the fact that it can be so easily made. It's ridiculous how many Decks would instantly lose to just summoning 2 of these, and with Noden arriving into the TCG at any given moment, it'll become even easier to drop this thing. The lifelink effect feels rather tacked on, and there is nothing that actually supports it. Even simply letting it deal piercing damage would make it feel comfortable, but as it is it just all feels slightly rushed

Card B:
I'm on and off about this card, but it does seem rather fine. I mean, yes, dropping a Stardust Spark off of this is straight up mean, but the fact that it is a LIGHT prevents some of the bigger problems like Void Ogre Dragon, Beelze, etc. The problem I see with a card like this is that some Synchros are balanced by the resources that they take up, and this card essentially says "Forget that". In a format such as right now, however, where battle tricks like Mirror Force are becoming a thing again, I think this is quite fine

Overall, Card B takes the case. It uses the lifelink mechanic to great advantage, and while open to an extent of abusability, it does take some setup and some resources, whereas Card A outclasses many cards and doesn't maximize the ability of its lifelink mechanic

I guess I'm going to end this now.

Card A's lifelink effect just feels tacked on, and the negation is potent for a R4. Honestly, the ability for a R4 to easily negate a S/T unsettles me, and the 2500 ATK body doesn't help either. Not much to say about this tbh.

Card B is interesting. A direct attacker that allows for BP Synchro Summoning is a nice idea. Restrictions are a good touch to avoid abuse. The first one is moot since any LP gain works, but that one wasn't needed much tbh. I like the combo potential this card has, and that's very interesting for me.

Card B gets the vote, and Gadjiltron gets the win. I usually don't vote in these, but a vote was needed...

Archived