Rescue Hamster

300px-RescueHamster-NECH-EN-SR-LE.png

As with his brothers... his time has come.

He makes opening 5-Mat Rhongomiant much easier in Igknights, he can double as a RotA if you have 2 of the same Igknight in your ED (hint: you do), he can spit 2 Igknights not named Caliber onto the board, and Nai and I've taken to calling Rescue Rabbit hamster's 4th copy. Limited Bunny might not even be worth it, but more testing to do.

For example:

3 Level 4 Knights + 2 more = Rhongomiant @5 Mat without normal summoning.

Level 4s pop themselves, get another level 4 (-2, +1, 4 Igknights in hand)

Level 4s pop themselves, get another level 4 (-2, +1, 3 Igknights in hand)

Level 4 + ??? pop themselves, get the proper matching scale (-2, +1, 2 igknights in hand)

Set scales, shit out all 5 level 4s, make Rhongo.

Same thing happens with 3 Level 4s + 1, but requires you to pop your scales and NS the 5th level 4, which means you're less likely to win the next turn. And if you can't do that, there's an absurdly high chance you can go Cyber Dragon Infinity in its stead.

But let's turn one of those Level 4s into this.

On one hand, it can be a RotA, serving as the third level 4. Just have to put 2 Igknights (preferably Level 4s) with the same name into the ED, which... Isn't hard. This is suboptimal, as it requires popping your scales.

2 Level 4 Knights + 2 More + Hamster

Both of your 4 Knights pop themselves. Search another 4 Knight. (-2, +1, 3 + hamster)

Level 4 + ??? Pop themselves (-2, +1, 2 + hamster)

Hamster on the scale, get back 2 same name, search another Level 4 Knight (-1 hamster, +2 knights, -2 knights, +1 Knight from deck, 3 in hand)

Set scales, spit out 4, search a level 4 with the scales, NS and go Rhongo.

However, you can NS it to spit out 2 Dragnov/Musket, making it even more value in exchange for a Normal Summon. Rabbit is also useful in this regard. 

2 Level 4 Knights + 2 More + Hamster

Both of your 4 Knights pop themselves. Search another 4 Knight. (-2, +1, 3 + hamster)

Level 4 + ??? Pop themselves, search proper matching scale to the single in hand (-2, +1, 2 + hamster)

NS Hamster, double clone a Level 4 (-1 Hamster [to the ED] +2 Lv. 4 Knights on board)

Set both scales in hand, PS 3 Level 4s from the ED.

You can also use both effects of hamster in the same turn, and Rabbit can be PS'd and still use its effect, but you get the general ideas flowing here. more hamster makes the combos weaker, but it's still better than not comboing at all.

just thank God they don't also have a real capability to go 5-mat Basiltrice, though this wouldn't aid that as much.

Its scale isn't awful in desperation, and its effects are both stupidly strong, so I'd say it's a definite three-of.

Konami, what the fuck are you smoking? First Rescue Cat, then Rescue Rabbit, and now Rescue Hamster? Why can't you fucking learn how to fucking make cards right? Are you so fucking blinded by money that you think you can get away with making stupid shit like this? I can't believe that you can't fucking learn your lessons. *starts facedesking repeatedly*

Umm, Detective Dumbass, this card only BECAME good once the Igknights came around. Before that this card was pretty much classed as terrible. So you should be face-desking in the face of the fact that Konmoney somehow made Vanillas broken.

Good point, but seeing another Rescue was not on my todo list. And what you said highlights an issue I have with Konami, they don't understand the impact their cards have on the previous cards they have made. Money really has blinded them...

First Rescue Cat

Rescue Cat became stupid because we had a Level 3 Beast Tuner, and because Brionac and Premature Burial were also cards.

then Rescue Rabbit

Rabbit became stupid because we remembered that Dinosaur was a Type.

and now Rescue Hamster?

Hamster took longer, yes, but now it became like the other two; Stupid, and really good.

Umm, Detective Dumbass, this card only BECAME good once the Igknights came around. Before that this card was pretty much classed as terrible. So you should be face-desking in the face of the fact that Konmoney somehow made Vanillas broken.

To be fair, Rescue Cat didn't start out broken either (I didn't play the game when it first came out, so correct me if I'm wrong). 

To be fair, Rescue Cat didn't start out broken either (I didn't play the game when it first came out, so correct me if I'm wrong). 

You are correct. It only became good when Synchros became a thing, strong when Summon Monk came out TCG-side, and then X-Sabers happened. Unlike Rabbit who was in the same set as Laggia (and Dolkka) and thus seems to have been designed for brokenness.

Cat still had some stupid combos with it because we had Reborn/Premature/etc.
So you could Cat into 2x Milus Radiant, revive it, Cat into 3rd Milus + random EARTH monster.
Wasn't really anything gamebreaking, per say, but you could still do stuff like that.

Hypothetically, couldn't Cat come back at 1? Or would X-Sabers become good again? I mean its not like this or Rabbit do much for X-Sabers.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRoGLU2xoMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRoGLU2xoM[/media]

Would probably be best for it to not come back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRoGLU2xoM

no

To be fair, Blaze Fenix is a big part of why that combo is stupid, and it really needs list attention itself.

I now hate Wind-Ups even more........Eh. The retooled CED, maybe they will retool Cat. I mean Raigeki came back for Goodness sake. Either way, we're getting kind of off topic.

Slap a hard OPT limit on Kitty.

Even OPT, cat is stupid. Sure, it keeps Uniflora from abusing it, temporarily, but that's only one problem with the design in a sea. Rabbit's not exactly fine despite its hard OPT, it just has yet to be broken again, at least in the OCG where it's unlimited. And Igknights are potentially that reason.

Cat is the same thing for an alternate pool. It might not be gamebreaking, but it will not be healthy.

also

>blaming Wind-Ups

>Uniflora, Blaze Fenix, Hootcake, and more

Why?

Even OPT, cat is stupid. Sure, it keeps Uniflora from abusing it, temporarily, but that's only one problem with the design in a sea. Rabbit's not exactly fine despite its hard OPT, it just has yet to be broken again, at least in the OCG where it's unlimited. And Igknights are potentially that reason.

Cat is the same thing for an alternate pool. It might not be gamebreaking, but it will not be healthy.

I know it'd take more than that, I'm just saying that'd where you'd start.

or you start by letting it rot

just like Fishborg Blaster

and chaos emperor d- GOD DAMN IT

I think Konami's goal is to eventually empty the ban list so that may not be an option.

Anyway, Hamster probably has the best restriction in that you have to Normal Summon it to use the effect, and have to have used one of the monster you want. I think it's just that "Tribute to summon 2 things from the deck" is an inherently unbalanced move.

How about just add "Monsters Summoned this way have their effects negated, and cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster." In addition to the OPT clause.

Crush Card

CED 

Featherduster

Raigeki

BLS

DSF

Snatch Steal

Temple of Kings

Sinister Serpant

Exchange of Spirit

Ring of Destruction

ALL of these have come back.