Soul Transition

SoulTransition-SECE-EN-ScR-1E.png

Soul Transition

34px-TRAP.svg.png

If you control no Special Summoned monsters: Tribute 1 face-up Level 4 Normal Summoned/Set monster; draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Soul Transition" per turn. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this card.

So... what do you think about this card and its potential use, in metagame decks and less competitive decks ?

I've seen this in Qli builds. Dunno how viable it is, but I've seen it.

Ideal T1 setup.
Tool into carrier/helix/saqlifice, Ns carrier/helix, attach saqlifice to it and set this card.
You get plus 1 from carrier, plus 1 from saqlifice and another 1 from the trap, plus you then have carrier the ED.
You can also disrupt plays in your opponents turn by using carrier.

It can trigger some qli effs but i find it somewhat slow. Ive seen ppl using mystic wok too, which can be better for that purpose due to quick play spell.

But the tribute effects aren't that amazing that Mystic Wok becomes worth it outside of siding it for end of time procedure.

That said, this is really really good in Qli. It's chainable so can occasionally be a clean +1 without considering the tribute effects, it gets you to your floodgates faster while triggering the effects of the monster you tribute AND Monolith. Dunno where else it could be good but it definitely has potential to be good in other places too.

edit: turns out I don't know what cards do

But the tribute effects aren't that amazing that Mystic Wok becomes worth it outside of siding it for end of time procedure.

That said, this is really really good in Qli. It's chainable so can occasionally be a clean +1 without considering the tribute effects, it gets you to your floodgates faster while triggering the effects of the monster you tribute AND Monolith. Dunno where else it could be good but it definitely has potential to be good in other places too.

Doesn't set off Monolith. It only counts Tributes for a Tribute Summon.

This is pretty amazing in Yosenjus, since the SSed monsters return to the hand, and they can Normal Summon 3 monsters each turn.

It's the other way around; the Level 4 ones bounce back when they are Normal Summoned.

I've been testing this on Volcanics at Pro, since it's a Deck that rarely SS and NS Rocket and Guards a lot, and it's been doing great =)

It's the other way around; the Level 4 ones bounce back when they are Normal Summoned.
I've been testing this on Volcanics at Pro, since it's a Deck that rarely SS and NS Rocket and Guards a lot, and it's been doing great =)

He means the monsters that you would SS, the level 6s, bounce to hand so you can only control Normal Summoned ones for Transition

Archived