[Singles] BtanH's Generic Cards

BtanH

So, I'm just going be making some cards, and posting them here. Mostly generic cards, I'd like to foster some creative decks that aren't just archetypes.
Also, I'm trying to make some 'fixes' to cards that were banned or limited due to abuse cases. Or just cards I'd like to see slightly different.

[spoiler=Ideas]

NAME

Level 4/Fire/???/1800/1300

When this card is summoned, you can draw a card for each copy of ~ in your graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]
Dandylion Seeds
Level 1/WIND/Plant/0/0
When this card is normal summoned, you can special summon up to 2 copies of ~ from your deck or graveyard, in attack position.

Spirit of the Jar
Level 3/DARK/Fiend/1000/300
When this card is normal summoned, draw a card.

Shoal Swimmer

Level 3/WATER/Sea Serpent/1100/800

When your opponent declares an attack on a face-up Water monster you control, you can special summon this card from your hand, negate that attack. Once per turn, when this Attack Position card on the field is changed to face-up Defense Position: You can Special Summon 1 WATER Tuner monster from your deck. 

Bountiful Fae
Level 4/Earth/Fairy/1500/1200
When this card is normal summoned, return 5 monsters with different names from your graveyard to your deck. Then, draw 2 cards.

Hyper-Swift Giga Bug

Level 4/EARTH/Insect/1100/1800

FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 of lower Insect-Type monster from your Deck in face-down Defense Position

Dimensional Wizard
Level 4/DARK/Spellcaster/1300/200
Once per turn, you can banish 1 card from your hand: target and destroy one spell or trap card your opponent controls, also this card gains 500 attack until the end phase. When this card is destroyed, add 1 banished monster to your hand

Dumpster Diver

Level 4/EARTH/Warrior/1600/700

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 card from your deck to the graveyard; add 1 "Literal Garbage" from your deck to your hand.

Literal Garbage

Level 5/Normal/EARTH/Rock/0/0

Made from the scraps of superior monsters such as Shapesnatch, this literal pile of garbage wanders the earth in a shambling heap.

Pyrokinetic Grinder

Level 7/FIRE/Machine/2800/2200

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when this card is targeted by a card effect: You can Tribute 1 FIRE monster; negate that effect. You can discard 1 card; excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck, then add any excavated Spell Cards to your hand, also send the rest to the Graveyard. You cannot activate cards with the same name as a Spell Card excavated by this effect this turn. This effect of Pyrokinetic Grinder can only be activated once per turn.

Chaos Elementalist

Level 8/Light/Spellcaster/2800/2500

Banish 1 LIGHT, 1 DARK and 1 FIRE, WATER, WIND, or EARTH monster from your graveyard to special summon this card from your hand. This card gains one of the following effects, based on the attribute of the FIRE, WATER, WIND, or EARTH monster banished for the summon of this card.
FIRE - When this card destroys a monster in battle, your opponent takes damage equal to the attack of the destroyed monster.
WATER - Once per turn, you can discard a card. Send one random card in your opponent's hand to the graveyard. 
WIND - When this card is summoned, return all spells and traps on the field to the hand.
EARTH - This card is unaffected by the first effect that targets it each turn.

Darkfire Emperor
Level 9/DARK/Pyro/2700/1600
While face-up on the field, this card is also FIRE-Attribute. You can banish 1 DARK monster and 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 1 DARK monster and 1 FIRE monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your graveyard. During your Main Phase 1, you can tribute this card; your opponent takes 2000 damage. This effect of Darkfire Emperor can only be activated once per turn.

Brilliant Daedalus

Level 9/LIGHT/Sea Serpent/2900/1600

While face up on the field, this card is also WATER-Attribute. You can banish 1 WATER and 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 1 WATER and 1 LIGHT monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your graveyard. Your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters]
Captain Planet
Level 10/EARTH/Warrior/3500/3500
1 FIRE monster + 1 WATER monster +1 WIND monster + 1 EARTH monster
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards in your graveyard. (You do not use Polymerization.) This card is also treated as being FIRE, WATER, WIND. This card can only be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck once per turn. 

Autonomous Lockdown System
Rank 1/Earth/Machine/1000/0
2 level 1 monsters
You can detach 1 XYZ material from this card to target one monster your opponent controls; its effect is negated, and also it can't attack. This card gains 800 attack while that card is face up on the field.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells and Traps]

[spoiler=art]

13F7tpD.jpg

[/spoiler]
Soul Furnace
Quickplay Spell
Tribute 1 face up monster you control; draw 1 card. Then, if that monster has an effect that could activate when it is normal summoned you can activate that effect.

Feed the Flames
Normal Spell
Banish 1 Monster Card in your hand; Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard, then if the Summoned monster was Level 4 or lower, draw 1 card.

Spellcycling

Normal Spell

Target 3 Spell cards with different names in your graveyard. Your opponent selects one. Add that card to your hand, then banish the other 2 targets.

Summoning Grounds

Field spell

Both players can normal summon up to twice each turn, but if they do they can't enter the Battle Phase that turn.

[spoiler=art]
y3Ms2MR.jpg

[/spoiler]

Dragged to the Different Dimension

Normal Trap

Banish 1 card from your hand to target 1 card on the field; banish it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Remade Cards]
Fishborg Bluster
Level 1/WATER/Fish/Tuner/100/200
If you control a face-up Level 3 or lower WATER monster: You can activate this effect; send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, then Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. The effect of ~ can only be activated once per turn. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, all other Synchro Material Monsters must be WATER.

Genex Ally Birdguy
Level 3/DARK/Machine/Tuner/1400/400
You can return 1 face-up monster you control to the hand to Special Summon this card from your hand, and this card gains 500 ATK if it was a WIND monster you returned. During the turn you activated this effect, you cannot special summon other monsters from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned this way, remove it from play when it is removed from the field.

Mind Maester
Level 1/LIGHT/Psychic/Tuner/100/200
Once per turn, you can pay 800 Life Points and Tribute 1 Psychic-Type monster, except, to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Psychic-Type monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.

Genex Newtron
Level 4/LIGHT/Machine/1700/1300
When this card is normal summoned, you can add one Genex Tuner monster from your deck to your hand.

Definitely Notden

Level 4/Fusion/WATER/Fairy/2000/2200

1 Synchro or Xyz Monster + 1 Synchro or Xyz Monster

When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated. When this card leaves the field, banish that target. You cannot conduct your battle phase during the turn this effect is activated. The effect of ~ can only be activated once per turn.

Formulaic Synchron

Level 2/Synchro/LIGHT/Machine/200/1500

When this card is Synchro Symmoned: You can draw 1 card. 

(I took out the opponent turn Synchro summon)

Teck Genius Hyper Barbarian

Level 5/Synchro/DARK/Warrior/2400/1800

When you successfully Synchro Summon a card: You can draw 1 card. This effect can only be activated once per turn.

(OPT + it's a warrior now)

Trithula, Draggin' of the Eyes Burier

Level 9/Synchro/WATER/Dragon/2700/2000

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-tuner monsters.
When this card is synchro summoned you can: Banish exactly 3 cards, 1 each from the Field, Hand, and Graveyard of either player. The effect of ~ can only be activated once per turn.

[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

Okay okay I'll chip in

For starters..you may or may not want to add a OPT summoning restriction on Captain Planet

I don't think it'd be "that fair" to have someone suddenly drop a bunch of beaters on my face.

I'm not totally sure about Bountiful Fae drawing 2..it does seem a bit much. Maybe reduce it to a draw 1?

Please rewrite Chaos Elementalist, the wording is very unclear

Darkfire Emperor..is okay I guess

Soul Furnace might be a bit too much though, there are probably way too many effects it can get off like that.

Otherwise I think that's it

Okay okay I'll chip in

For starters..you may or may not want to add a OPT summoning restriction on Captain Planet

I don't think it'd be "that fair" to have someone suddenly drop a bunch of beaters on my face.

I'm not totally sure about Bountiful Fae drawing 2..it does seem a bit much. Maybe reduce it to a draw 1?

Please rewrite Chaos Elementalist, the wording is very unclear

Darkfire Emperor..is okay I guess

Soul Furnace might be a bit too much though, there are probably way too many effects it can get off like that.

Otherwise I think that's it

Let me address a couple of these!

I don't think it'd actually make that much of a difference, seeing as Captain Planet isn't exactly the easiest to summon and people wouldn't run 3 of this guy in the Extra. But that's not a bad point!

Bountiful Fae drawing 2 is actually fine; see Royal Firestorm Guards drawing 2. This is Pot of Avarice with a slight restriction on a stick, which isn't bad.

I will rewrite Chaos Elementalist's text when I have time - BtanH isn't very good at PSCT :v

Thank you for commenting.

Yeah Cirrus largely hits the main points.
Captain planet should have that restriction though, good catch.

Bountiful fae is almost certainly fine, because of how slow it is. Most decks' normal summons are a prized resource. If this card is a problem, I could change the stats or decrease the draw or make the conidions harder.

Yeah I'm awful with following the card grammar. I just write how I think it makes sense. And Cirrus fixes it. ty cirrus.

Soul Furnace is comparable to Gemini Spark, though generally cards that activate on summon aren't as strong. If it becomes a problem, I am happy to remove the draw, or otherwise weaken it. I'd like it to be a strong card that creates strong decks. (see this post - http://inamedeathaspect.blogspot.ca/2010/11/theme-vs-no-theme.html)

Bountiful Fae: We don't need a normal summon pot of dichotomy... just saying.

Summoner Ascetic: Yeah, kinda weird how everything is backwards from Summoner Monk. Idk, I don't think it's necessary.

Dimensional Wizard: Its not too bad, although can be very annoying. It should target a Spell/Trap for cost though.

Dumpster Diver: We don't need a generic Genex Undine; that card is already broken enough as is. Also, it being ANY card is just dumb, as well as it being cost.

Pyrokinetic Driver: Funny, that effect is the same as Kuribandit from the anime, but all the same it could be easily exploited. Even though it has to be tribute summoned, it's not too difficult to get him out.

Chaos Elementalist: Yeahhhhh we don't need a 1 banish cost monster that's splashable into ANY deck. That's a bit overkill, especially with added trunade, Undine, Negation and Burn damage to boot.

Captain Planet: Ok that's just hilarious

Lockdown System: When can you Detatch 2? is it Optional?

Spells:

Soul Furnace: Yeah, that's pretty dumb. It's already good enough to tribute to draw, especially since it's a quick effect. That is certainly not a minus, since this card almost always guarantees that on-summoning effect works. Also, this means the effect can activate, since it's not the original card's name doing so. Example: Deneb Summon --> Effect --> Soul Furnace --> Draw 1 + 2 Search. This example could also include your opponent attempting to negate the effects of Deneb in chain, which just becomes even more stupid, since you Plus 1 for free, and your opponent minuses.

Spell Cycling: Yeah, never a good idea to allow spell cards to be recycled, there is a reason Magician of Chaos is banned, and that's a Tribute Summoned Monster.

Traps:

Dragged to the Dark Dimension: So it's dark core, but better? I like the idea, but perhaps it should be Monster, not just any Card.

I didn't look at the remade cards, and I didn't mention the cards I didn't see issues with. I like the ideas, they're very creative, but it seems like a majority of them are too strong.

Thanks for replying!

Bountiful Fae: Sure we don't "Need" it. But we also don't "need" to play this card game. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

Summoner Ascetic: Of course it isn't necessary. The creation of cards is wholly discretionary.

Dimensional Wizard: Why should it? This card is like a weaker breaker or lyla, except it floats on destruction.

Dumpster Diver: The difference between Diver and Undine is largely that 1. Undine procs Atlantean effects, Diver doesn't. 2. Undine searches controller, a card that can be used for allure, or normal summoned and used as a tuner. Literal Garbage is a trash card. It's terrible and useless. Drawing it is awful. It can't even block an attack for you. The ability to send any card is very good though. So I might lower the stats if it sees a lot of play.

Pyrokinetic Grinder: This card is supposed to be good. Please try and abuse it. I don't think it's overly exploitable but hey, if you make it work, good for you. The important thing is that it isn't splashable.

Chaos Elementalist: It isn't 1 cost. It's like a chaos monster, but also requires 1 of another attribute. 

Captain Planet: Thanks.

Lockdown System: I fixed up the wording.

Soul Furnace: It activates the effect of the monster, meaning that OPT effects can still only be used once.

Spellcycling: Your opponent gets to choose, and you have to have 3 different spells in grave. Probably only good in like spellbooks.

Dragged: Dark Core is trash. 

Thanks for replying!

Bountiful Fae: Sure we don't "Need" it. But we also don't "need" to play this card game. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

Summoner Ascetic: Of course it isn't necessary. The creation of cards is wholly discretionary.

Dimensional Wizard: Why should it? This card is like a weaker breaker or lyla, except it floats on destruction.

Dumpster Diver: The difference between Diver and Undine is largely that 1. Undine procs Atlantean effects, Diver doesn't. 2. Undine searches controller, a card that can be used for allure, or normal summoned and used as a tuner. Literal Garbage is a trash card. It's terrible and useless. Drawing it is awful. It can't even block an attack for you. The ability to send any card is very good though. So I might lower the stats if it sees a lot of play.

Pyrokinetic Grinder: This card is supposed to be good. Please try and abuse it. I don't think it's overly exploitable but hey, if you make it work, good for you. The important thing is that it isn't splashable.

Chaos Elementalist: It isn't 1 cost. It's like a chaos monster, but also requires 1 of another attribute. 

Captain Planet: Thanks.

Lockdown System: I fixed up the wording.

Soul Furnace: It activates the effect of the monster, meaning that OPT effects can still only be used once.

Spellcycling: Your opponent gets to choose, and you have to have 3 different spells in grave. Probably only good in like spellbooks.

Dragged: Dark Core is trash. 

Replies to replies, oh my!

Bountiful Fae: What I mean is the effect will create unnecessary exploitation. I don't think shuffling and drawing is ever a good thing, especially when it's generic. When I refer to "need", I refer to the meta, and what's good/bad for the card game itself. Sure, we could not play it, but that's not what I was going for.

Summoner Ascetic: Point taken.

Dimensional Wizard: Because weaker breaker and lyla target? That gives your opponent an opportunity to properly respond, and is a less frustrating mechanic than floaters that don't target.

Dumpster Diver: Yeah I can see that. Again, even if it is useless, it's not completely worthless, since it can be used as discard outlets for plenty of costs. Yeah true you do have to run it, but sending 1 card from your deck as cost can be wayyyy too good.

Pyrokinetic Grinder: Could be splashable, but it's not consistent (unless you use Dumpster Diver, haha).

Chaos Elementalist: Ahh, misread that. Ok that's still very good, but not quite as good as I thought. My bad

Captain Planet: You're welcome.

Lockdown System: Many thanks.

Soul Furnace: nope, the wording only activates the effect. The effect is activated from Soul Furnace, not the tributed monster. Perhaps you could reword it? Either way, it's a broken effect.

Spellcycling: Yeah... no. That's a good card regardless of what deck you use. Think of Necroz, Satellaknights, Qliphorts, Noble Knights, Dragunity, Scraps, and pretty much any deck you can think of that uses more than 3 spells. I can guarantee that card would be teched in to a TON of decks, since it's impossible to minus from it, and is fairly consistent.

Dragged: I disagree, since banishing is always a strong mechanic. Your card is essentially Raigeki Break, but better. It's not broken, was just a suggestion.

Re: The Soul Furnace thing, I would actually disagree. Unless you can find precedent for this kind of effect, since it activates the effect and does not ignore the conditions for the effect, one could argue that it fizzles if one condition is that "The effect of ~ can only be used once per turn" or some such. The card does not copy the effect but rather attempts to activate the effect belonging to that monster, and reasonably you cannot activate something if a condition is unfulfilled.

This is speaking from logical interpretation, of course. Precedent may tell us otherwise - or, failing that, overactive imaginations can certainly do so.

Also, you might note that Dragged costs a banish from the hand, which can certainly be an unwelcome drawback - this can sometimes be remedied but often cannot. Raigeki Break guarantees your ability to discard grave resources to it (for example, Laval Handmaiden in Laval).

Fae: The fact that it costs a normal summon is a pretty large drawback. I'd like to see it in action before any action is taken. 5 monsters with different names means it will be dead fairly often. 

Wizard: Was supposed to target, oops.

Diver: It's a strong card. I think some decks will be able to make use of it. I don't think it should break the game singlehandedly. If it does, it'll rework it to not be a cost.

Furnace: If there isn't precendent, I assume I get to rule it? In which case it works as Cirrus mentioned. If there is precedent, I'll change it so it can't activate OPT effects that have been activated that turn.

Spellcycling: If it ends up splashed, I'll make it so that you have to target 4 or 5 spells. 

Dragged: It's a strong card. I don't disagree with that.

Archived