Competitive Harpie Ladies

There's so many changes that need to be made to this deck that I'm just going to give you a completely different list. Harpies struggle against every good deck but you have nothing to counter them. You have so many consistency issues running 2 Pet Dragon, no Upstart or Duality, and an overly heavy and ineffective Trap line-up. Also, Monk is bad. It's only good when you have Sign in hand, and if you have Sign, you have a good hand anyway, so there's no point playing a card that ruins consistency and makes bad hands worse. Try something like this:

cafnQT7.png

My advice is though, if you want to compete, play a different deck. Harpies have been majorly power-crept and have bad matchups against pretty much every deck you will play against. The cards that people play to counter the meta decks counter Harpies really hard. Maxx "C", Veiler, lots of Spell/Trap destruction. Also nobody runs a lot of backrow any more, and Harpies are only good against backrow-heavy decks. Basically, you're really gonna struggle competing.

There's so many changes that need to be made to this deck that I'm just going to give you a completely different list. Harpies struggle against every good deck but you have nothing to counter them. You have so many consistency issues running 2 Pet Dragon, no Upstart or Duality, and an overly heavy and ineffective Trap line-up. Also, Monk is bad. It's only good when you have Sign in hand, and if you have Sign, you have a good hand anyway, so there's no point playing a card that ruins consistency and makes bad hands worse. Try something like this:

cafnQT7.png

My advice is though, if you want to compete, play a different deck. Harpies have been majorly power-crept and have bad matchups against pretty much every deck you will play against. The cards that people play to counter the meta decks counter Harpies really hard. Maxx "C", Veiler, lots of Spell/Trap destruction. Also nobody runs a lot of backrow any more, and Harpies are only good against backrow-heavy decks. Basically, you're really gonna struggle competing.

They have a better time against Qlis, though.

But I'd rather run 1 Roach either in the Extra or the Side Deck against them as well.

And as soon as she's officially released in the TCG, Harpist should be added, since it improves the deck`s consistency even more. Perhaps drop the Upstarts for 3 of her.

They have a better time against Qlis, though.

But I'd rather run 1 Roach either in the Extra or the Side Deck against them as well.

And as soon as she's officially released in the TCG, Harpist should be added, since it improves the deck`s consistency even more. Perhaps drop the Upstarts for 3 of her.

Qli is their one good matchup, but they autolose to Nekroz and Shaddoll. Their BA matchup is reasonable, but even then, BA are running far fewer Traps these days and the ones they do run are generally chainable. 

Roach isn't even good against Qli. Normal Summon anything and equip with Saq and no more Roach.

The Harpist build is quite different. It uses Divine Wind, Phoenix Wing and stuff. I assumed OP wanted TCG only.

Roach isn't even good against Qli. Normal Summon anything and equip with Saq and no more Roach.

God, why did I miss that detail? O.O

But I saw Harpies doing well a while ago, especially thanks to the Qliphort's rising. I guess the emergence of new Meta Archetypes left them behind...

Archived