Black tries a new design idea [Prideful King Archfiend]

Blake

Wg0TE58.jpg?1

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 other Pendulum Card on the field; Until your next Main Phase 1, its effects are negated and its scale becomes 0.

Monster Effect: If this card is Synchro Summoned using a Pendulum Monster as a Synchro Material Monster, this card is treated as a Tuner monster. Once per turn: You can target 1 card on the field; Until the end of the turn, negate its effect(s), and if it was a monster, it loses 500 ATK. If this face-up monster would leave the field (by battle or effect): Destroy all cards in your Pendulum Zones (if possible); Regardless, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Assuming that, should it be sent to the Grave as a monster/card, it will be sent to the ED Face-up, and given its nature as a Pendulum, it will retain the memory that it was correctly summoned, so it can be Pendulum Summoned back.

EDIT: Please pardon the slight inconsistency on the card, do pay attention to the written out effect seen above.

In my opinion, a card like this would be able to be Summoned in either of the two ways. Be it Pendulum Summon because it is a Pendulum Monster that was sent to the Extra Deck face-up and so is available for it, OR as a Synchro Summon because it is still the Extra Deck regardless.

The show gave us the Xyz Pendulum before anything else probably because it can't be Pendulum Summoned back (having a Rank) and it has a not-as-good Scale of 4. In other words, those are less factors to worry about when it comes to the power of the card that introduces the idea of Pendulum Extra Deck mechanics.

Then again, a Pendulum Extra Deck mechanic being bounced doesn't sound like it'd be the same as going to the Extra Deck during an instance in which a card would normally be sent to the Graveyard, so I could be wrong.

Well, as for the card itself, That Pendulum Effect sounds like it can be bypassed. You just have to use the other card's effect before proceeding to negate it and make it Scale 0. If that wasn't on purpose you could make it a continuous effect that the other scale is always negated and Scale 0 while this card is there. OR you could have it activate when that other Scale is being placed in the Pendulum Zone, to give you a choice of "it'll keep its effect forever" or "it'll be negated and 0 forever".

Other than that, a 2500 ATK generic Level 7 Synchro that negates any face-up card and potentially weakens monsters is nothing short of powerful. Even more so when it can potentially come back, and it doesn't even depend on what other Pendulum Cards are printed out there. As soon as you Synchro Summon your second copy, the first one becomes alive every turn.

Honestly, I can't tell if that's too good or just good.

In my opinion, a card like this would be able to be Summoned in either of the two ways. Be it Pendulum Summon because it is a Pendulum Monster that was sent to the Extra Deck face-up and so is available for it, OR as a Synchro Summon because it is still the Extra Deck regardless.

The show gave us the Xyz Pendulum before anything else probably because it can't be Pendulum Summoned back (having a Rank) and it has a not-as-good Scale of 4. In other words, those are less factors to worry about when it comes to the power of the card that introduces the idea of Pendulum Extra Deck mechanics.

Then again, a Pendulum Extra Deck mechanic being bounced doesn't sound like it'd be the same as going to the Extra Deck during an instance in which a card would normally be sent to the Graveyard, so I could be wrong.

Well, as for the card itself, That Pendulum Effect sounds like it can be bypassed. You just have to use the other card's effect before proceeding to negate it and make it Scale 0. If that wasn't on purpose you could make it a continuous effect that the other scale is always negated and Scale 0 while this card is there. OR you could have it activate when that other Scale is being placed in the Pendulum Zone, to give you a choice of "it'll keep its effect forever" or "it'll be negated and 0 forever".

Other than that, a 2500 ATK generic Level 7 Synchro that negates any face-up card and potentially weakens monsters is nothing short of powerful. Even more so when it can potentially come back, and it doesn't even depend on what other Pendulum Cards are printed out there. As soon as you Synchro Summon your second copy, the first one becomes alive every turn.

Honestly, I can't tell if that's too good or just good.

Bouncing/Avaricing wouldn't return it face-up, because the very mechanic says that when it would be sent field -> grave is when it goes face-up.

The thing is that very few pendulum cards DO have something like that to work with. There's Symphonic Warrior Guitaars, Qliphort Scout, Performapal Lizardraw, and a bunch of chip effects, such as the D/Ds.

They're not extremely strong effects, and it's more useful FOR the negate, as it makes the Gazer Magicians/Kepler/Galilei reset so that they stay a good scale. Theoretically, yes, it can be abused, but the effects you really want to triggers, such as P-Pal Pendulum Magician's Pendulum Effect, Abyss Ragnaroks Pendulum effect, etc. go off when you Pendulum, more often than not, meaning that you're giving up a good effect for more range.

Even then, it has to GET to the scale. Bar polymerization and company/Scrap Dragon (both seem like jumping through hoops/ineffective to the decks that can do it), it's unlikely to get there outside of the opp playing into it, and it gives a potential reason to run 101 over Castel, which I feel is healthy for the game.

If it dropped more I think it would be too good, but dropping 500 just makes it a pseudo-3K. Sure that's strong, but it's only such against monsters, and it has an effect that competes with cards like CWSD and BRMD, which are the good generic synchros for 7.

I'm not sure if it's too good, but it is a new mechanic to try out.

Archived