1 Sulfur Falls

1 Cascade Bluffs

1 Desolate Lighthouse

1 Hallowed Fountain

2 Tectonic Edge

2 Island

1 Mountain

1 Plains

Crackling Doom is one of the best cards in the Tron matchup when they finally find a way to break through our answers. Answering Emrakul is just amazing because that is usually their lost out. I loved Crackling Doom, it is a card that I only side out when I am housed up against everything else. Tokens is the worse match up with it, but Pyroclasm is just amazing enough to support Crackling Doom.

• 2 weeks later...

I came up with the 75 that I think is what is best for me to play.

4 Snapcaster Mage

3 Wall of Omens

3 Restoration Angel

2 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

1 Vendilion Clique

4 Serum Visions

3 Lightning Bolt

3 Path to Exile

2 Lightning Helix

2 Mana Leak

2 Remand

2 Electrolyze

2 Cryptic Command

1 Spell Pierce

1 Batterskull

4 Scalding Tarn

3 Celestial Colonnade

3 Flooded Strand

2 Arid Mesa

2 Steam Vents

2 Sacred Foundry

1 Hallowed Fountain

1 Sulfur Falls

1 Cascade Bluffs

1 Desolate Lighthouse

3 Island

1 Plains

1 Mountain

Sideboard:

2 Geist of Saint Traft

2 Wear // Tear

2 Stony Silence

2 Kor Firewalker

1 Thundermaw Hellkite

1 Keranos, God of Storms

1 Supreme Verict

1 Counterflux

1 Pyroclasm

1 Engineered Explosives

1 Spellskite

Not even the promo Angels, its trash/10

but in all seriousness, 4 snaps seems like a lot, How has it been working? Also, this is the first U/W list I've seen without a mainboard spell snare.

gtfo. promo angels aren't anything compared to being a good player. get serum visions and then we'll talk.

4 Snapcaster Mages is all of the glory that is what this deck is and why I will continue to play it. I will not go lowering than 4. Snapcaster Mage is the knees bees that allow for my to get back from behind, and it is all amazing when I am ahead. I seriously feel like I am playing 7 of them with Restoration, and it is just a presence with its own game. I think for me that 4 is the right number.

Doesn't hit lingering souls on the flashback, doesn't stop Thoughtseize and stuff, and my copies are being burrowed at the moment. Mostly that main reason, otherwise I would play it over Spell Pierce as a one-of. This isn't a control deck. It is a deck that plays a later game tempo plan, so Spell Snare is rather lackluster on the play.

yea, my area has a low population but a pretty high number of people play modern. So they jealously hang on to their modern cards and try to oversell them or get too much trade value out of them.

Such is life in Canada.

• 3 weeks later...

Tournament Report:

U Tron. Glad I lost the die roll, always take the draw in this matchup.

Tectonic Edge with threat after threat, win.

Hard game 2. Sundering Titan happens, I and down 2 lands. I double Electrolyze a Platinum Angel(Horrible card in general, can U Tron just stop playing it, please? It does nothing) Keranos resolved, and he Torpor Orbs forgetting about how that interacts with Sundering Titan. I block with Snapcaster and Celestial Colonnade. Dismember is just bad since I have burn and Keranos.

Round 2: 
Bogles.

Hand kept 3 Lightning Bolt, 1 Electrolyze and 3 lands. SCOOP.

Side in everything good, side out everything bad. I can hold off, but my only out is a combo finish. Didn't get there to his powerful threats. Wrath, Supreme Verdict and Anger are not helpful. Only out is Paraselene, EE, and Spellskite. Yeah, I'll just not play this match up please.

Round 3: Little Kid Junk. 

Remand is bad on the draw, turn 2 Loxodon Smiter with not bolt for his Hierarch. GG.
Let the opponent overextend, please. I just happen to let that happen and boom; Wrath of God into Restoration Angel and Burn. I win.

He kept a one-land with 4 discard spells. Got to play Overgrown Tomb on turn 5. Cryptic Command is Boomerang+Counterspell. GG.

Round 4: Burn.

Lose game 1, it happens. I kept a one lander and just nothing after that. Definitely shouldn't of fetched turn 1, I think.

Game two was Wall of Omens>Kor Firewalker>Kor Firewalker.

Game 3: Opponent Land screwed, into Batterskull+2 Kor Firewalker, I win. 

Overall, I think that I did well. Bogles bogled my mind and I think another EE in sideboard would be worth it. 

Also: This is my sideboard. Hate me all you want, I am surprised it worked as well. 

2 Wear // Tear

2 Kor Firewalker

1 Thundermaw Hellkite

1 Keranos, God of Storms

1 Wrath of God

1 Supreme Verdict

1 Counterflux

1 Anger of the Gods

1 Izzet Staticaster

1 Shadow of Doubt

1 Stony Silence

1 Spellskite

1 Engineered Explosive

I might take out the Izzet Staticaster for another EE and the Shadow of Doubt for another Wear // Tear, or something else. 

Because my friend took the deck to Modern Magic tonight, he is keeping me updated on his progress. I only gave him a quick run through so I can't say his efforts will be perfect. 

His first round was against Reanimator. No graveyard hate? Of course not. 

Use your burn spells at him and play a turn 2 Snapcaster mage is the best play. You're the aggressor trying to force him to go off and just not have it, that is how to play this game. Use your spells aggressively and limit the reanimator from having anything, unless they just have it all. That is seriously the best play with this type of deck and if you keep putting on a clock, you are almost likely to just win because of how much they hurt themselves. Take out a Path, I guess and side in Counterflux. Everything else is shifty from my sideboard, but it should still be a pretty good match up. 

-1 Batterskull

+1 Sphinx's Revelation

Because I am utilizing Batterskull the same way I would Sphinx's Revelation, I began to think of it that way. I switched it out because it was meant as a card to stabilize the board, and as a win condition. Sphinx's Revelation does all of this, but it worse against Control or Tempo, so it is another card to just take out. But it shores up any and all of my bad matchups, and slightly making my Twin matchup worse game one which isn't an issue. 

Archived