Self-Destruct Button's DP Archive - Hopefully more balanced than my name!

Self-Destruct Button

Just the place where I post my singles on DP. As usual. Most of them, if not all, aren't up on DP yet because lol. But they will be! Eventually. If DP will be, that is.
I will sort them accordingly when there are more cards. :3

[spoiler="Main Deck"]
[spoiler="Blackspark Sorceress"]
 rN3wzxR.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned. Must first be Special Summoned by banishing 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters with different attributes from your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Spell card, target 1 monster on the field; banish that target. If you activate this effect: This card is unaffected by other card effects until the End phase of this turn if you control a face-up Spellcaster-Type monster other than this card. 

Just some support for Spellcasters, yay! And as it is a SPELLcaster, it even works with Spells. 2400 body is standard mostly, the effect is pretty Chaos-Sorcerer-ish with a little neat protection added to it. Fun fact: Originally, it said DARK Spellcaster monsters, until someone mentioned Shaddolls (which didn't exist in 2013 when I created the Deck), so I altered it to different Attributes. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Clockseal Demon"]
8a27E79.jpg
During your opponents Main Phase 1, if they Special Summoned 2 or more times this turn: You can discard this card; neither player can Special Summon for the rest of this turn.

Remember Maxx "C"? One thing it doesn't is save your life. Why not? It neither stops attacks nor damage. This doesn't either, but it prevents Special Summoning altogether, which WILL mostly save your life if they play an OTK Deck that or one that needs a lot of Setup that involves Special Summoning. (See: "Synchro") [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Sunlight Spirit Goddess"]
 MKl2Gh4.jpg

hQ5pV5r.jpg
Just a Ritual. Back in 2013, Gishkis were the only viable Ritual Deck and Nekroz weren't even thought of. That's where I just randomly thought of this thing and hoped it would be any viable? Idk. Maybe, someone will eventually use it. Propably not though. Archetypes too good. :c[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Greenfrost Wyvern"]
752RnCb.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 2 face-up cards on the field; as long as this card remains face-up on the field, their effects are negated, and if you targeted a monster, it loses 500 ATK.

If you can afford to Summon it, it can help you out of a Pinch or two. MAYBE sidedeck material, in a tribute-oriented Deck, but I can't see any use for it rn. Maybe someone else does. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Radiant Daedalus]

auoq2ut7vmds.jpg

Lore: While face up on the field, this card is also WATER-Attribute. You can banish 1 WATER and 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 1 WATER and 1 LIGHT monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your graveyard. Your opponent cannot add cards from their Deck to their hand except by drawing them.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells/Traps]
[spoiler=Crystallize!]
YkqBwU4.jpg
Cannot be activated during your turn. Target 1 monster your opponent controls: Banish that target until the End phase, also you cannot activate Spell/Trap cards until the End of this turn.
There aren't many Spells like Book of Moon, and even that is at 1. Obviously, this thing is best against Xyz Oriented Decks and one of the best - if not THE best - answer to cards like Trap Engineer Vivizyan. (See Voltex DP Archive for that) Just wanted to see what it does, it's a -1 like BoM after all. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Lance of Normality"]
SKdmTbg.jpg
Lore: Target 1 face-up monster on the field: It cannot be destroyed by battle, also it is treated as a Normal Summoned monster, until the End Phase of this turn.
Well... I looked at Number 101 and some other cards like Shaddoll Fusion that only work on Special Summoned monsters, and came up with this. Propably not even a sidedeck card, but it might come in handy one day.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Doom Desire Dragons"]
iDmngTX.jpg
Lore: Discard 1 card. Your opponent takes no Battle Damage during the turn you activate this card. Special Summon up to 2 Level 9 or lower WATER or DARK Dragon-Type Synchro monsters from your Extra Deck or Graveyard, ignoring their summoning conditions. They cannot be tributed or used as Synchro or Xyz Material, also return them to the Extra Deck during the End Phase.
I saw the artwork and just HAD to do it. I don't know if it's balanced or not, but it's pretty funny for sure. Wonder what people will do with it!
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Synchro]
[spoiler="Alcara the Divine"]
GKDsawf.png
Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: Target up to 2 face-up cards you control, and 1 card your opponent controls; return the first targets to the hand, and if you do, destroy the second target. For the rest of this turn, you cannot activate cards, or the effects of cards, with the same name as those returned to the hand by this effect. If this card is destroyed by an opponents card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Vulcan the Divine" from your Extra Deck.
It can reset Pendulum Scales and kill a monster for it, or bounce a useless Call of the Haunted / Fiendish Chain and plus off of it. Kinda niche, but very good if you get it off like that.
[spoiler="Vulcan the Divine (Konami card)"]
VulcantheDivine-JUMP-EN-UR-LE.png
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Blademaster - Noctem"]
Ddixx1c.jpg
Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monster(s)
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Your opponent can discard 2 cards, otherwise inflict 600 damage to your opponent for each card in their hand. During the Standby Phase of the next turn after this card you controlled was destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to your Graveyard: Special Summon it from the Graveyard in face-up Defense Position.

Because we need generic Rank9s, and they're basically nonexistant right now apart from funny stuff like Mist Wurm, I decided to jump the shark and actually make one! It just pushes for Damage and has some recovery built-in. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Shiida, Silver Rose Outcast"]
CIc1Kuo.jpg?1
Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monster(s)
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can destroy all monsters on the field, except this card. If you activate this effect, your opponent takes no damage until the end of this turn.
Basically a very balanced Black Rose Dragon that leaves your Backrow and Field Spells untouched and stays for a battle or two. If you rely on your Traps and need a good Lv7, this is the card to go with.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Xyz]
[spoiler="Number 27: Angelic Feliciá"]
Yn0twoh.jpg
Lore: 3 Level 4 monsters
During each of your End Phases: Banish 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard. During each of your opponents Standby Phases: You can return 1 Spell Card that was banished by this cards effect to the Deck, and if you do, activate the returned cards effect as this cards effect, also detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has no Xyz Materials: Destroy it.
Another number monster! Uh, yeah, Spell Recycling as 3matter with an average body. Everything happens in the opponents Standby Phase so they can react accordingly and have their whole turn to disrupt your plans or recover from that Spell. There might be a Chaos Version one day. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Savior of the Forest, Layla"]
CLhGxCR.jpg
Lore: 2 Level 4 Monsters
When this card is Xyz summoned: Equip 1 monster from your Graveyard to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the Level of that monster x350. During your opponents turn, if they Special Summon a monster(s): You can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card and destroy all cards equipped to this card; Negate the effect(s) of these monster(s).
A new defensive Rank 4 that can negate Special Summoned monsters effects, but only once. Also it CAN be a beater if you equip a big monster, but keep in mind the huge ATK drop if you use the effect. [/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fusions]
[spoiler="Shockwave Light Slasher"]
R0Blo0O.jpg
Lore: 1 Beast-Type monster + 1 LIGHT Warrior-Type monster
Cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When this card is Summoned: Destroy the monster with the highest ATK on the field, except this card. You can discard 1 Warrior-Type monster and tribute 1 Beast-Type monster: This card can attack your opponent directly during the Battle Phase of this turn.
Uh... this thing. It just screams "RANDOM" in your face, huh? Well, I made it 2 years ago, found it recently and thought "Hm, why not upload, maybe someone will do something with it". So here it is, tell me if you ever summoned it! o.o [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Dimensional Beings"]
ndiX8nx.jpg
Lore: 2 Normal Summoned monster(s)
Must first be Special Summoned by sending the above cards from either players side of the field to the Graveyard. Cannot be destroyed by battle.
Solid Sidedeck option against some Decks. Wonder if this will ever see play.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

That's it for now, I will put a log at the End I think. Yes, I will. Maybe. Kinda. Duh. Log:
3rd March 2015: Created this Topic.
4th March 2015: "Crystallize!" changed: Now locks down for the remainder of the turn, not the whole turn. "Greenfrost Wyvern" was nerfed by 200 ATK to make it Level 6!
29th March 2015: Whoa, it's been a while! Added "Alcara the Divine".
25th April 2015: Added written "Lance of Normality"!
19th May 2015: Added "Shiida, Silver Rose Outcast"!
23rd June 2015: Reorganized everything, Updated Lance of Normality, added "Doom Desire Dragons", "Savior of the Forest, Layla" and "Dimensional Beings".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does treated as a normal summoned monster mean it's unaffected by the effects of cards that only target special summoned monsters, and nothing else?

It also means the effects of cards that are acquired when the monster is Special Summoned (Melodious have a few of these I know, not sure what else) are forgotten, similar to BoE'ing said monster

• 4 weeks later...

To be fair, it only destroys the monsters, not a full nuke. But still, it is basically a Synchro7 Hot Red Archfiend but cannot inflict damage on the same turn. I'm not sure if this kind of ED Dark Hole is good when we already have Black Rose available.

• 1 month later...

Saviour of the Forest, Layla seems to me extremely similar to Inzektor Exa Beetle, with the same Type and Attribute even! Was this intentional?

The negation effect seems pretty balanced, but I feel that being able to Xyz Summon say, a 3900 ATK beater if you had a level 10 monster in the Graveyard could be too good. I know Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon can do a similar thing, but that relies on your opponent having a high attack monster, plus it doesn't have a negation effect if you need it. Maybe make a limit on the level of the equipped monster?

Archived