Grolith, the Crusher of Men

Atypical-Abbie

It's meant to be able to Special Summon itself if it was banished or returned to the Extra Deck instead, not sure if that wording would do that, but just keep that in mind.

R9YPBj9.jpg

3 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card's ATK becomes 3000 until the end of this turn, and if it does, it can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn, but you cannot attack directly for the rest of the turn. If this card leaves the field while it has 2 or more Xyz Materials: You can Special Summon it.

I can't really see much use in this card other than being a decent attacker with insurance for some effects that would reduce the attack of this monster.

I'm guessing this is meant to be something that would work with a medium-level beatdown deck. If it is, then you might want to lower the overlay cost to 2 LV4 monsters, because there are plenty of better Xyz monsters with the same summoning cost.

I can't really see much use in this card other than being a decent attacker with insurance for some effects that would reduce the attack of this monster.

I'm guessing this is meant to be something that would work with a medium-level beatdown deck. If it is, then you might want to lower the overlay cost to 2 LV4 monsters, because there are plenty of better Xyz monsters with the same summoning cost.

There's a reason why it has the Special Summon effect, that is so that can bring itself back easily.

Tbh I don't really see it being worth the three Xyz Mats being used. Usually three mats can go for something really huge that you can use for game, while this really just forces your opponent to waste two removals and not much else. I'd rather go for Ouroboros or something, cuz not only does it have more ATK, the three effs are beyond worth the investment most of the time. Sure it's good, but imo 3 mats need strong effects that make the extra resource worth it, otherwise the R4 toolbox is already wide enough to cover all your bases without ever needing to making a 3 mat. The concept is definitely nice, though. Having a strong beater that can indeed put the pressure on by making your opponent lose two removals can be useful, but IMO it is simply not worth the ED space and/or dedication.

For fixes, the easiest would be to make it a 2-Material R4 with 2300 and can be boosted to 27/28. Retain the revival eff when it is removed with at least 1 material. It'll be more versatile and useful, this way. Not only can you safely go through basically any monster your opponent might have bar late-game bosses (since you know, free revive), it also makes them waste a valuable destruction card they could have used for something else. Also, it might be quite interesting to have it get the ATK gain if it is SSd by its own effect, but only for the turn it is summoned.

Tbh I don't really see it being worth the three Xyz Mats being used. Usually three mats can go for something really huge that you can use for game, while this really just forces your opponent to waste two removals and not much else. I'd rather go for Ouroboros or something, cuz not only does it have more ATK, the three effs are beyond worth the investment most of the time. Sure it's good, but imo 3 mats need strong effects that make the extra resource worth it, otherwise the R4 toolbox is already wide enough to cover all your bases without ever needing to making a 3 mat. The concept is definitely nice, though. Having a strong beater that can indeed put the pressure on by making your opponent lose two removals can be useful, but IMO it is simply not worth the ED space and/or dedication.

For fixes, the easiest would be to make it a 2-Material R4 with 2300 and can be boosted to 27/28. Retain the revival eff when it is removed with at least 1 material. It'll be more versatile and useful, this way. Not only can you safely go through basically any monster your opponent might have bar late-game bosses (since you know, free revive), it also makes them waste a valuable destruction card they could have used for something else. Also, it might be quite interesting to have it get the ATK gain if it is SSd by its own effect, but only for the turn it is summoned.

I would prefer it to be a 3-mat monster, that was how it was intended to be designed, but I can see how going into this thing is probably going to be rare. I was thinking about making it have a double attack if you used the 3K effect. How do you feel about that? Also, thanks for the review.

Sure, I'd say go for it. I mean, it shouldn't be too overwhelming given what you gave it, but maybe neg the attack boost for the second attack? idk, double attacker 3000 just seems iffy, though the direct attack protection is nice. Actually, I'd rather just have you remove the direct attack restriction completely instead of the double attack, tbh.

Archived