Z/X - Zillions of Enemy X

logo.png

So there wasn't a topic about this game, which is kind of sad because I'm a massive fangirl of it and I feel like I'm the only one into it on YCM. That being said, there are no English cards, and it doesn't look like there will be any, unless for some reason Nippon Ichi Software decide to bug Broccoli enough to release it in English. However, there is a very helpful Wiki, located here: http://zxtcg.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Pagethat has translations and release info, as well as information about the anime. There are .PDF downloads of free play Trial Decks for proxies, if anyone wants them or is interested in playing this game.

Game rules: http://zxtcg.wikia.com/wiki/Rules

Worlds: http://zxtcg.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Worlds

Oh by the way, Black World is mine. No touching <3

I'm personally a Blue/Green player (Focusing on Hourai/Leafers to amass resource and spam huge bosses like that Peacock Dragon or the one that gets power depending on your resource and blue for drawpower), and Metallica.dek.

It's a pretty fun game, but I kinda been left out of it when I moved from my old city. Would definitely be interested in playing it again. Also, gotta say the lores are wonderful.

I checked the game out (like many TCGs out there at the moment) and I can say it is really impressive. The "real life F2P" model is more than refreshing to the distributing model, it has its pros and cons, and I wonder if a bigger game could do it in its own. Unfortunately, as I know the player base for such games (yup, I'm talking about you, YGO), it wouldn't work as people would riot that why others play for free.

All in all, the game has some generic ideas but does everything really well. The art is really japanese, but it is just another plus point for me. If any of you want to play a "game just for fun" with dudes or your friends, download some trial decks, print them and have fun. It worths it.

The F2P trial decks are a wonderful way to introduce new people to the game, pretty much.

It worked pretty well here in my place since it's used for people to grow interest on the game itself without spending money, and it's really good in netting new players that just want to play for the sake of playing, and players from other TCGs that wanted to try this out as a side thing at first before dedicating more. Sad that the company's not that big outside of Japan like Bushi, so they couldn't really gain much popularity. The TCG playerbase right here quite appreciated the model, as since it's pretty much similar to F2P, the hardliners know that the new players would need to invest before actually getting something powerful.

Also, I simply love the flexibility in deckbuilding here. While some card requires a lot of specific dedications, others are really lenient aside from the resource color requirement, which leads to wonderful color engines and all that.

The F2P trial decks are a wonderful way to introduce new people to the game, pretty much.

It worked pretty well here in my place since it's used for people to grow interest on the game itself without spending money, and it's really good in netting new players that just want to play for the sake of playing, and players from other TCGs that wanted to try this out as a side thing at first before dedicating more. Sad that the company's not that big outside of Japan like Bushi, so they couldn't really gain much popularity. The TCG playerbase right here quite appreciated the model, as since it's pretty much similar to F2P, the hardliners know that the new players would need to invest before actually getting something powerful.

Also, I simply love the flexibility in deckbuilding here. While some card requires a lot of specific dedications, others are really lenient aside from the resource color requirement, which leads to wonderful color engines and all that.

That's actually true. We're going to download some F2P trial decks with the dudes to try out the game, and even though we only know a few words in Japanese, fortunately the Wikia is full of information so we won't have problems with translation.

And that's true. As I remember well, most people are interested in a card game if they can get a deck for free (or relatively low money, 1-2$ are still okay, but they won't spend 20$+ for a trial deck just to try out the game). It is a nice way to try out the game (as "having fun" for 1 or 2 bucks is nothing and if they are interested, they will invest more - it is just much better for having fun for free) and if they still don't like the game, they won't feel they lost anything. However, if they buy a trial deck and they don't like its playstyle, or they don't like the game at all, they will lose their enthusiasm in the genre of CCGs.

I still hope that this game will somehow get released outside Japan, as if I remember well, even Bushiroad started as a small company that had subpar success with Weiß Schwarz overseas and they got a real fame with CFV.

Indeed, I saw some nice decks and it has the same beauty as Force of Will has: you can go full-mono, yet you can combine colors in any way you want.

Archived