Choose Death? [Toyo Single]

This isn't fun at all. I know that you would suffer the same price, but you can easily configure your deck to not rely on summoning too much, thus providing an advantage for you. Your opponent must then be lucky enough to be able to ignore these effects.

So in other words, an annoying card that you can take advantage of, but your opponent may not be so lucky. However, the opponent could choose an effect that wouldn't worry him/her. In that case, this card isn't so annoying, and can be used to make the game somewhat more fun.

8/10

It's supposed to work when any number of monsters is summoned, so yeah, moot point on that. I'll go fix the wording to reflect that soon enough.

This isn't fun at all. I know that you would suffer the same price, but you can easily configure your deck to not rely on summoning too much, thus providing an advantage for you. Your opponent must then be lucky enough to be able to ignore these effects.

So in other words, an annoying card that you can take advantage of, but your opponent may not be so lucky. However, the opponent could choose an effect that wouldn't worry him/her. In that case, this card isn't so annoying, and can be used to make the game somewhat more fun.

8/10

The card benefits slower, more control-oriented decks the most. It allows them to stand up to the more explosive Nekroz of today, by either neutering their on-summon effects or their ability to attack. Of course you can structure a deck to work around it, but that basically just means the card means we'll get to see interesting builds.

I think 9 times out of 10 it will just say "monsters can't attack the turn they're summoned". I am entirely serious and you probably know this, which is why it's not nearly as imba as it looks. You're allowed to choose. I'm not actually sure this card benefits control decks period but rather the matchups in which a deck will be the control deck (which is an important distinction to make), since it will sometimes be detrimental if you just want to trade forward but also retain your beater's effect. Overall an acceptably solid card (though it's not immediately obviously playable) because of its pseudo-haze qualities, and I appreciate its existence but think its name is a bit too long. Please don't make an archetype out of it though :p

Something to note, actually, is that this can also act as a baby Skill Drain for monsters like Barbaros and Qli. Which, eh ... basically makes Qli the best users of this card. I'm not sure if that's a good thing >_>

I think 9 times out of 10 it will just say "monsters can't attack the turn they're summoned". I am entirely serious and you probably know this, which is why it's not nearly as imba as it looks. You're allowed to choose. I'm not actually sure this card benefits control decks period but rather the matchups in which a deck will be the control deck (which is an important distinction to make), since it will sometimes be detrimental if you just want to trade forward but also retain your beater's effect. Overall an acceptably solid card (though it's not immediately obviously playable) because of its pseudo-haze qualities, and I appreciate its existence but think its name is a bit too long. Please don't make an archetype out of it though :p

Something to note, actually, is that this can also act as a baby Skill Drain for monsters like Barbaros and Qli. Which, eh ... basically makes Qli the best users of this card. I'm not sure if that's a good thing >_>

Yeah, Zazu brought that up to me yesterday >.> kinda worried about Qlis too, but I think it supporting Barbaros is a good thing.

I guess toons would also appreciate this card. Negate their effects and they can attack the turn they are summoned then next turn they'd be able to attack directly.

Normal pendulums also laugh at this card.

Trains could also use this to summon lvl 10 beatsticks.

If you don't have a deck to abuse this card, you would most likely delay your attacks though. In any case, this card single-handedly promotes some decks and absolutely murders others (gladiator beast anyone?).

Archived