Egyptian God Card Pendulums

NemesisPrime

Not sure if this belongs here and if not please delete or move this.

I wanted to try and envision the EGCs as if they were Pendulum monsters while trying to not make them OP and if they were ever made be legal cards.

WARNING: Huge Cards!

Slifer The Sky Dragon:

[spoiler=Card Art]

k7BE1ly.jpg

[/spoiler]

Obelisk The Tormentor:

[spoiler=Card Art]

[url=http://imgur.com/f6BwiB8]f6BwiB8.jpg[/url]

[/spoiler]

The Winged Dragon Of Ra:

[spoiler=Card Art]

[url=http://imgur.com/5qyGWjO]5qyGWjO.jpg[/url]

[/spoiler]

Slifer: The unlimited cards effect is no. Especially (if this were to ever actually be real) if you had this Pend Slifer or the real one, their attack would be monumental, to the likes of which a fully equipped Utopia monster might be the only monster to combat it? No. Not to mention the 300 ATK/DEF thing, unlimited cards adds up quickly.

Ra: "You can Tribute two monsters you control, target one monster on your side of the field, that monster gains ATK equal to half the combined original ATK of the tributed monsters." That would be what I believe to be the correct OCG. And again no. Certain decks can make this effect the bane of everything. For instance, if I put this in Gimmick Puppets, I wouldn't even bother summoning it. With the right cards, in 2 or 3 turns, I can have 3 Number 40's on the field, and with that effect start easily walking around with a 6000 ATK beatstick. Or not even GP's, in the right Galaxy-Eyes build, Number 95 wouldn't require its own deck for it to OTK.

Er, I wouldn't worry about having two copies of Slifer the Sky Dragon up. ^^;;

That said, Obelisk's Pendulum effect is kind of lackluster. It doesn't particularly speak to Obelisk's effect, and it's a bit redundant with Ra's effect. I don't know about the balance on Ra's; depending on the metagame and the cards it's allowed to work with, it's either lackluster or OTK-inducing. I wouldn't worry too terribly much about Slifer's effect granting unlimited cards - there's already a Spell Card that does that - though I might, say, reduce the amount of ATK it provides per card in hand. (As it is, even a hand of 5 grants +1500 ATK and DEF to every monster you control.)

I mean, the odd and interesting thing about this premise is that you're making the huge boss monsters that are the Egyptian Gods into support cards. It'll be a tough balancing act - especially since you almost want them a little overpowered, since ideally decks should revolve around them.

Archived