Holy Dragon, Redemption Wing

ok ok

you need an OPT on the last two effects

the first one because it basically forces your opponent to draw Raigeki to get rid of anything, the second one because it's just screaming for abuse. if there's something i've learned in Yugioh, is that if you lack an OPT clause, it will inevitably be abused and looped to scary levels.

also, maybe make the first effect if it target your cards only, since this also negates cards that target the opponent's own cards (combo cards, mostly), and trying to steal that away simply by being a level 7 synchro is kinda silly.

Considering Aroma's is an archetype coming soon, and that Lonefire is at 3, I can see some really bad shenanigans involving that deck and essentially drawing forever. It needs a Hard OPT or else I can see this turning Aromas into an Exodia deck or at the least + city. Toyo does a good enough job explaining it, and yes, the biggest problem is it needs a Hard OPT to not be broken

Considering Aroma's is an archetype coming soon, and that Lonefire is at 3, I can see some really bad shenanigans involving that deck and essentially drawing forever. It needs a Hard OPT or else I can see this turning Aromas into an Exodia deck or at the least + city. Toyo does a good enough job explaining it, and yes, the biggest problem is it needs a Hard OPT to not be broken

If you can name a relevant combo with this that involves not running terrible cards to set off the third effect, please do. Exodia is literally cancerous to the game and should be banned regardless, it puts a huge strap on draw power. Aromage aren't very good. The idea of the third effect is mostly to deter Upstart Goblin, more than anything. 

Also, no relevant deck wants to make this at the moment, and they really can't. Burning Abyss have better options. Nekroz don't run Tuners outside of Veiler and why would you make this over Black Rose if you have to summon Veiler. It's also 2300, it basically loses to an absurd amount of cards. Honestly, looking at my design again, it feels quite underpowered, not overpowered. It's extremely easy to play around the second effect, and honestly a lot of relevant decks don't really do much with targeting themselves. The only cards that come to mind that having the dodge up would be massively beneficial is something like Veiler because she targets, but honestly, you have to make this to dodge Veiler when most of the time, you can play around a Veiler anyway.

ok ok

you need an OPT on the last two effects

the first one because it basically forces your opponent to draw Raigeki to get rid of anything, the second one because it's just screaming for abuse. if there's something i've learned in Yugioh, is that if you lack an OPT clause, it will inevitably be abused and looped to scary levels.

also, maybe make the first effect if it target your cards only, since this also negates cards that target the opponent's own cards (combo cards, mostly), and trying to steal that away simply by being a level 7 synchro is kinda silly.

First effect lasts until the end of the turn it was summoned. Unless you summon it with Yang Zings (which is why I made it a Wyrm), they can Raigeki your board. The card that immediately comes to mind that this dodges is Mirror Force, there are others, but this is what I immediately think of.

Alright, I will admit, there isn't that much that exists to really break the card that much, that much I will concede to, but it is one of those designs that even though it doesn't have much to work with, if it were real, it would severely inhibit card design because they would have to work around this card if they wanted to make a viable LP gain deck/card. It's not too good as it is, but it's not something that people should have to work around. I know that my philosophy is that a card isn't broken until a deck can consistently break it, but why do you think we never see support for Graveyard Reptiles or Arcana Force? Because they have cards like Snake Rain and Arcana Force XXI - The World, to break such decks if they ever became viable. 

Also I just thought of a combo that can work. 

You know that broken Master Key Beetle/Igknight combo that, though unofficial, has been looping the igknight effects? Here is how it would work.

Summon Key Beetle with Armageddon Knight/Summoner Monk (Mill PlagueSpreader), Activate the effects, and make sure you use up Riot, then PS Riot, SS Plague, SS This, activate Spell Absorption, then loop from there. Not to mention that the lack of an OPT can make this an actual better option at times than the Ptolemaios to CDI usage. Although inconsistent, it is a combo that comes to mind. It can be an Alternate solution, that or someone could try to SS this with Ritual Beasts and draw for days with Soul Absorption. Inconsistent? yes, but a feasible combo? somewhat yes. 

TL;DR Point is, Its fine as is...I guess besides from being another inconsistent FTK fodder, but if it was real, would severely inhibit future card design. Just using actuality logic than card itself logic. 

Also, to add on to Tinkerer's point, that is why you set MST to end the loop when you are about to deck out

Alright, I will admit, there isn't that much that exists to really break the card that much, that much I will concede to, but it is one of those designs that even though it doesn't have much to work with, if it were real, it would severely inhibit card design because they would have to work around this card if they wanted to make a viable LP gain deck/card. It's not too good as it is, but it's not something that people should have to work around. I know that my philosophy is that a card isn't broken until a deck can consistently break it, but why do you think we never see support for Graveyard Reptiles or Arcana Force? Because they have cards like Snake Rain and Arcana Force XXI - The World, to break such decks if they ever became viable. 

Honestly if you are making a Level 7 Synchro, most of the time you're going to be minus anyway. This thing is tiny for Level 7 standards, it gets run over by everything decent, and I feel you are all focusing way too much on the draw effect when the intention was more the fact it was a Level 7 Synchro that shields your field for a turn and can negate targeting. The last effect is only there to reward you for playing in theme. A large amount of the interactions you keep bringing up are irrelevant in a more balanced game state. Drawing your entire deck means absolutely nothing if you are going to set 5 and pass. In that case, I feel the cards that allow you to continue to combo after doing such are the problems, such as cards like Soul Charge and Lonefire Blossom. In an ideal game state, this wouldn't even be a problem, plenty of other games have this type of effect, see Northshire Cleric from Hearthstone, and I'm aware the games are different, and yes, Cleric is a fantastic 1-drop, but she doesn't break the game. I feel this is similar.

Yugioh is severely strapped on good Lifegain, because it's not the type of game that really needs it, and the fact there is no equivalent to Magic's Lifelink. Looking at the design again, yes, it might be somewhat abusable. However, I like to design cards with that element. I think it makes the game fun. If you discover a 4 card combo that lets you draw your entire deck, that's pretty exciting. I want to take the game into different directions when I design cards, and I feel combinations between several strange, niche corner cards that become something hilariously ridiculous in combination with each other is rather entertaining. Of course, you could do other things with this type of deck, draw the entire deck then burn the opponent to death with burn spells. With the speed of today's decks and the fact there is plenty of interaction, this card can be Veilered, Yuki Usagi'd, etc. I think there is enough interaction, and once we begin talking of a 4 to 5 card combo, many other decks can just flat out win the game with that type of thing, so what's the difference? It seems sometimes that Yugioh players have a phobia of win conditions that are not attacking. I never intended this card to even be a win condition, and in most cases, it isn't.  

Also, bringing up Igknights and saying they combo is like saying the sky is blue, we've basically established they combo with everything. 

Honestly if you are making a Level 7 Synchro, most of the time you're going to be minus anyway. This thing is tiny for Level 7 standards, it gets run over by everything decent, and I feel you are all focusing way too much on the draw effect when the intention was more the fact it was a Level 7 Synchro that shields your field for a turn and can negate targeting. The last effect is only there to reward you for playing in theme. A large amount of the interactions you keep bringing up are irrelevant in a more balanced game state. Drawing your entire deck means absolutely nothing if you are going to set 5 and pass. In that case, I feel the cards that allow you to continue to combo after doing such are the problems, such as cards like Soul Charge and Lonefire Blossom. In an ideal game state, this wouldn't even be a problem, plenty of other games have this type of effect, see Northshire Cleric from Hearthstone, and I'm aware the games are different, and yes, Cleric is a fantastic 1-drop, but she doesn't break the game. I feel this is similar.

Yugioh is severely strapped on good Lifegain, because it's not the type of game that really needs it, and the fact there is no equivalent to Magic's Lifelink. Looking at the design again, yes, it might be somewhat abusable. However, I like to design cards with that element. I think it makes the game fun. If you discover a 4 card combo that lets you draw your entire deck, that's pretty exciting. I want to take the game into different directions when I design cards, and I feel combinations between several strange, niche corner cards that become something hilariously ridiculous in combination with each other is rather entertaining. Of course, you could do other things with this type of deck, draw the entire deck then burn the opponent to death with burn spells. With the speed of today's decks and the fact there is plenty of interaction, this card can be Veilered, Yuki Usagi'd, etc. I think there is enough interaction, and once we begin talking of a 4 to 5 card combo, many other decks can just flat out win the game with that type of thing, so what's the difference? It seems sometimes that Yugioh players have a phobia of win conditions that are not attacking. I never intended this card to even be a win condition, and in most cases, it isn't.  

Also, bringing up Igknights and saying they combo is like saying the sky is blue, we've basically established they combo with everything. 

...I really admire your virtue in the game. It is something I do miss nowadays, and this really was something I do like hearing. A reason as to why Alternate Win Conditions are mainly frowned upon by most is not for the actual clause of the Win Condition, but rather the decks we mainly see made for the Win Conditions like Exodia, Final Countdown, Empty Jar etc. It is the lack of interactivity that makes people really not like the mechanic rather than the mechanic itself. If we had a win condition where someone actually has to work for and and actually have to battle for, then I would not mind them at all, somewhat like the Vennominaga Win Condition or the CXyz Leo Win Condition despite how impossible they are. I can see what you mean by this because I did have to do research to see what kind of combo I can use this with and what can actually work. 

Like I said, it is very inconsistent, so I would not worry too much about it, however, if there was an Archetype/Card that makes LP gain more viable, then this card can be problematic

Archived