New TCG

Horu

Card Back Concept  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Neither

I'm creating a new TCG and I need 3 templates. The rules are simple. The Winner will get 1,000 points and I'll send them a free deck using their template and their own custom cards.

Creature Cards need these Statistics:

1. Name
2. Color (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow,)
3. Star Cost: This is represented by a Star with a number inside it.
4. Level: You decide the symbol.
5. Blank Image Box
6. Creature - Type
7. Hit Points, Magic Points, Attack, Defense and Speed stats.
8. Text box

Spells, Traps, Equipment, Etc. need these Statistics:
1. Name
2. Color (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow)
3. Blank image box.
4. Card Type - Type
5. Text Box

Summoners need these Statistics:
1. Name
2. Color (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow)
3. Star Cost
4. Level
5. Blank image box
6. Summoner - Type
7. HP and MP stats
8. Text Box.

I will judge the templates submitted accordingly to design, stat layout, and the amount of space for text.

I'm also going to add 2 card back concepts that I created since I can't make up my mind.
[attachment=43473:cardback1.png][attachment=43474:cardback2.png]

And how exactly are you grading the entries people submit to you?

Might help if you explain a bit about what your game is about.

Technically speaking, this section is intended for card contests involving other card games besides Yugioh, and looking at this, seems more of a GFX thing; given you're asking for templates, NOT cards.

Moved to GFX Competitions (although Night can move this back if he feels this isn't GFX-related, but from the looks of things, appears to be more on graphics things)

Grading is based on how much I like the layout of the template. Besides,this is only the submission phase of the contest.

If I can't choose a template then the final decision will be left to my fiancee. She's pretty good at judging things like this.

• 1 month later...

Interesting and maybe I'm misreading this, but shouldn't you list the rules of this game.  It's kind of hard to make card templates for a game that people aren't aware of how the game is played (even things like what are the standard stats for different creatures).  Colors? 1000 Mana low high? Or is part of this coming up with the game itself.  Just clarify please.

• 2 weeks later...

The templates are supposed to be completely blank aside from the symbols. You don't actually have to place the numbers. This is only the submission phase of the contest.

Archived