Boss Duel - Dartz from Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 4

Delibirb

As more boss decks were sorta requested, I thought I would oblige with many people's favorite villain of the yugioh series', the Prince of Atlantis himself. So here is the Orichalcos/Dartz Boss Deck, following the Boss Duel standards here

[spoiler='Starting Hand']

[spoiler='Orichalcos Kyutora (Monster A)']0tIK0PI.jpg

You can Special Summon this monster from your hand by paying 500 Life Points. If you would take damage, place 1 counter for every points of damage you would have taken, and if you do, reduce that damage to 0. When this card leaves the field due to an opponent's card or effect: Special Summon 1 "Dartz/Monster C" from your Deck.

-I Summon "Orichalcos Kyutora"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orichalcos Mirror (Monster B)']VXnEyX4.jpg
Can only be Normal Summoned by Tributing 1 monster while you control "Dartz/Spell A", and cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Summoned: Special Summon 4 "Mirror Knight Tokens" (ATK 0/ DEF 0). Once per turn, you can place 1 Mirror Counter on all "Mirror Knight Tokens" you control (max. 1). When a "Mirror Knight Token" battles, its ATK and DEF become the ATK of the opponent's battling monster. If a "Mirror Knight Token" would be destroyed by battle, remove 1 MIrror Counter instead.
-I Summon "Orichalcos Mirror"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orichalcos Gigas (Monster C)']sR5pccm.jpg
When this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon it (from anywhere) with 500 more ATK than it had when it was destroyed, and if you do, skip your next Draw Phase.
-I Summon "Orichalcos Gigas"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orichalcos Shunoros (Monster D)']zU929vD.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by "Dartz/Monster A" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's original ATK is equal to the number of Tokens that were on "Dartz/Monster A" when it left the field. When this card is Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Orichalcos Dexia Token" and 1 "Orichalcos Aristeros Token" (ATK 0/ DEF 0). The original ATK of "Orichalcos Dexia" is 300 plus the ATK of the opponent's battling monster. the original DEF of "Orichalcos Aristeros" is 300 plus the ATK of the opponent's battling monster. When this card is destroyed: Special Summon "Dartz/Monster E" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

-I Summon "Orichalcos Shunoros"!-

Hidden Effect:

If you have 10000 or more LP: You can destroy this card.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='The Seal of Orichalcos (Spell A)']FZUzYr1.jpg
This card is unaffected by all opponent card effects. All monsters you control gain 500 ATK. You can treat your Spell/Trap Card Zones as Monster Card Zones. Monsters in your Spell/Trap Card Zones treated as Monster Card Zones cannot be attacked, unless you control no monsters in your Monster Card Zones.
-I activate "The Seal of Orichalcos"!-[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deck from Top to Bottom']

[spoiler='Orichalcos Deuteros (Spell B)']WTGvtIs.jpg
Activate only by destroying "Dartz/Spell A", except during the turn it was activated. This card is unaffected by all opponent card effects. All monsters you control gain 500 ATK. You can treat your Spell/Trap Card Zones as Monster Card Zones. Monsters in your Spell/Trap Card Zones treated as Monster Card Zones cannot be attacked, unless you control no monsters in your Monster Card Zones. Once per turn: You can gain 500 LP for every monster you control.
-I activate "Orichalcos Deuteros"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Orichalcos Tritos (Spell C)']aKpbZMD.jpg
Activate only by destroying "Dartz/Spell B", except during the turn it was activated. This card is unaffected by all opponent card effects. All monsters you control gain 500 ATK. You can treat your Spell/Trap Card Zones as Monster Card Zones. Monsters in your Spell/Trap Card Zones treated as Monster Card Zones cannot be attacked, unless you control no monsters in your Monster Card Zones. Once per turn: You can gain 500 LP for every monster you control. Monsters you control are unaffected by all opponent Spell/Trap card and effects.
-I activate "Orichalcos Tritos"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='The Divine Serpent (Monster E)']KBPXeIO.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by "Dartz/Monster D", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Summoned: make your LP 8000. When this card leaves the field: lose 8000 LP. While you control this card, you cannot have less than 8000 LP. Cannot declare an attack, except by destroying 1 "Dartz/Spell C" you control.
-I Summon "The Divine Serpent"!-[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

So what are your thoughts on this one? In testing hes a little more annoying than other bosses because, while he doesn't do a lot of damage until you are pulling ahead, he can rack up LP and defend them with ease thanks to the mirror. But to nerf it at all would be to ruin the flavor of the cards, so yeah.

Shunoros was hard to type, I hope he makes sense.

Not even the legendary knights can harm this boss deck ... what about changing the seals to "cannot be destroyed" instead to allow the knights to have any value ... imagine spell 3 with monster A ...
except for that great work, all important cards are here (aside from the fact that I would allow the dexia and aristera o have more atk than the monster they battle to keep them as they are in the anime).
Now for Bakura's important cards:
1.) Dark Necrofear
2.) Dark Sanctuary (you could grant it an effect to blow itself up if one controls dark necrofear)
3.) Destiny Board (you could let it gain destiny counters and let the boos win if he gets 4)
4.) Diabound
5.) Counterbalance
6.) Change of Heart (due to the true bakura)
7.) Curse Twin Dolls
( 8.) Spiritualistic Medium )
( 9.) Spirit Shield )

Not even the legendary knights can harm this boss deck ... what about changing the seals to "cannot be destroyed" instead to allow the knights to have any value ... imagine spell 3 with monster A ...
except for that great work, all important cards are here (aside from the fact that I would allow the dexia and aristera o have more atk than the monster they battle to keep them as they are in the anime).
Now for Bakura's important cards:
1.) Dark Necrofear
2.) Dark Sanctuary (you could grant it an effect to blow itself up if one controls dark necrofear)
3.) Destiny Board (you could let it gain destiny counters and let the boos win if he gets 4)
4.) Diabound
5.) Counterbalance
6.) Change of Heart (due to the true bakura)
7.) Curse Twin Dolls
( 8.) Spiritualistic Medium )
( 9.) Spirit Shield )

Ignoring Bakura for now as I'll do him if and as I please. I forgot the aristeros and dexia being 300 higher so I'll fix that, and I made the seals unaffected to avoid being removed or negated, because in the anime the seal meant someone was getting their soul taken; no way out of it.

Those are reall interesting and I can tell tell that you have throught very carefully about their effect..

Some suggestion:

-I think Divine Serpent's effect should just have 10000ATK (INF atk is wayy too broken, even for a boos battle in my opinion)

-Orichalcos Kyutora (Monster A) effect should tirrger if it destory by your opponent

-The 'Mirror' token part should also protect destruction from cards effect

-Orichalcos Shunoros (Monster D)'s token bit is a bit strange..(so the token doesn't help Monster D at all?)

Anyway well done on created those cards :D

(If the user loses his malice ?)
If the legendary knights slay the seal ?
In those cases the seal loses its power, why take that out of the boss duel ?
Only showing you concepts how you could do that once and if you want to make bakura.

The Seal doesn't leave if he loses his malice, there just isn't a dark soul to steal at the end of the duel. The legendary knights are their own exception. We're talking the Orichalcos against non-legendary cards.

The Seal would not leave, however lose his power, what I meant is that the seal, even if indestructable, should be removable, limiting the immunity to destruction, no boss card should be unremovable, that is an awful idea.
The monsters are without exception alright, assuming that the seal is removable and assuming the third part of the seal would not grant immuity against anything, you could either make it targeting, immunity against spells and traps or against destruction, maybe even just targeting and destruction immunity for spells and traps, as it would otherwise outclass your paradox trap a, and would be awful for making the deck to strong against a certain kind of playstyle.
Even with the criticism of mshends I still see no doubt that E HAS to have infinite attack points, otherwise it would destroy what the card was, and would go against the very concept of boss duels itself, you should also take the part away where it destroys the spell C, add a condition where one cannot control other monsters and a hidden effect which allows it to attack once again (once per turn or not, to take one player out per turn, or attacking a revived monster, similar to powerful rebirth) after destroying a monster, to make a reference to powerful rebirth and to make this card a real threat.
Once these changes are done this deck seems alright and ready to be played against.

The Seal would not leave, however lose his power, what I meant is that the seal, even if indestructable, should be removable, limiting the immunity to destruction, no boss card should be unremovable, that is an awful idea.
The monsters are without exception alright, assuming that the seal is removable and assuming the third part of the seal would not grant immuity against anything, you could either make it targeting, immunity against spells and traps or against destruction, maybe even just targeting and destruction immunity for spells and traps, as it would otherwise outclass your paradox trap a, and would be awful for making the deck to strong against a certain kind of playstyle.
Even with the criticism of mshends I still see no doubt that E HAS to have infinite attack points, otherwise it would destroy what the card was, and would go against the very concept of boss duels itself, you should also take the part away where it destroys the spell C, add a condition where one cannot control other monsters and a hidden effect which allows it to attack once again (once per turn or not, to take one player out per turn, or attacking a revived monster, similar to powerful rebirth) after destroying a monster, to make a reference to powerful rebirth and to make this card a real threat.
Once these changes are done this deck seems alright and ready to be played against.

I have the divine serpent destroy the third seal because I obviously can't mill 10. Spell c is how it is the anime and how it should be. I'm sorry you don't like unkillable seals but that seems more true to the anime then some backwards way of giving them a weakness.

Well destroying your own seal, which you would directly re-activate next turn looks true to the anime ?

You could also limit other monsters instead of making the dartz boss destroy his own seal cards, alright, the seal part (their immunity) is alright, preventing even the legendary knights from harming them, however the divine serpent should really get at least 2 attacks, should not destroy its protection card (as that was not the case in the anime), (perhaps make it discard 2 monsters instead) and thus should have teeth (unlike now, without the powerful rebirth effect).

Well destroying your own seal, which you would directly re-activate next turn looks true to the anime ?

You could also limit other monsters instead of making the dartz boss destroy his own seal cards, alright, the seal part (their immunity) is alright, preventing even the legendary knights from harming them, however the divine serpent should really get at least 2 attacks, should not destroy its protection card (as that was not the case in the anime), (perhaps make it discard 2 monsters instead) and thus should have teeth (unlike now, without the powerful rebirth effect).

It does have the teeth. You're just trying to ignore that some changes had to be made in order to make the boss function well. 2 attacks would be silly, as even if it does get destroyed somehow, it is still easy to reset your strategy as Dartz because you get it all back next turn. Odds are you've gained a ton of LP from the third seals, so losing 8000 wont hurt too bad when you summon Kyutora again next turn.. There's no reason to make TDS any more powerful than it is.

Do I need to say anything more than that it is not scary at all, for having no defence on top of only one almighty attack per turn, summon monsters into def, destroy erpent, then attack directly (once) and end the game, but oh well, if you want the other monsters to be the real threat, funnily enough you made the deck a deck destroying the seal before the serpent would take an opponent out, so the serpent would be unable of "taking a player's soul".
You could only gain 1200 life points until your next turn (unless you really want the deck to summon multiple monsters alongside serpent, instead of making serpent itsel the threat and would want the deck to abuse the destruction of spell c, by gaining 1200 life for each monster, which could turn divine serpents burn part into a joke after one turn).

Do I need to say anything more than that it is not scary at all, for having no defence on top of only one almighty attack per turn, summon monsters into def, destroy erpent, then attack directly (once) and end the game, but oh well, if you want the other monsters to be the real threat, funnily enough you made the deck a deck destroying the seal before the serpent would take an opponent out, so the serpent would be unable of "taking a player's soul".
You could only gain 1200 life points until your next turn (unless you really want the deck to summon multiple monsters alongside serpent, instead of making serpent itsel the threat and would want the deck to abuse the destruction of spell c, by gaining 1200 life for each monster, which could turn divine serpents burn part into a joke after one turn).

If youre going to start acting like that it may be time for you to leave.

Archived