Boss Duel - Paradox from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds: Bonds Beyond Time

Delibirb

I'm on a roll with boss cards. I love the concept so much. So, here's Paradox from the 5Ds movie. I hope it turned out well.

[spoiler='Starting Hand']

[spoiler='Malefic Stardust Dragon (Monster A)']HLVOd6e.jpg
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. If you do not control "Paradox/Spell A", destroy this card. You cannot control other monsters. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card(s) on the field: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.
-I Summon "Malefic Stardust Dragon"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Malefic Cyber End Dragon (Monster B)']E0Kdmts.jpg
Cannot be Special Summoned. If you do not control "Paradox/Spell A", destroy this card. You cannot control other monsters. This card inflicts piercing battle damage.
-I Summon "Malefic Cyber End Dragon"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Malefic Rainbow Dragon (Monster C)']ZEqNFX6.jpg
Cannot be Special Summoned. If you do not control "Paradox/Spell A", destroy this card. You cannot control other monsters. You can shuffle all "Paradox" monsters in your Graveyard into the Deck; shuffle all cards on the field into the Deck(s).
-I Summon "Malefic Rainbow Dragon"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Monster D)']Xw2u2qg.jpg
Cannot be Special Summoned. If you do not control "Paradox/Spell A", destroy this card. You cannot control other monsters.
-I Summon "Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Malefic World (Spell A)']kNHU23w.jpg
Twice per turn, this card is unaffected by an opponent's card effect. When this card is activated: Place all cards in your hand on top of your Deck in a random order, then draw 1 card.
-I activate "Malefic World"!-[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deck from Top to Bottom']

[spoiler='Malefic Selector (Spell B)']JDClR3o.jpg
Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type or "Dragon" monster from 1 opponent player's Deck or Extra Deck, and if you do, it gains the following effects in addition to its original effect.
• This card is treated as a "Paradox" monster. If you do not control "Paradox/Spell A", destroy this card. You cannot control other monsters.
-I activate "Malefic Selector"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Malefic Force (Trap A)']qtQsGLe.jpg
Target 1 "Paradox" monster you control; while it is on the field, it is unaffected by all opponent Spell Cards and effects.
-I activate "Malefic Force"!-[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Malefic Truth Dragon (Monster E)']1jnRNq1.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. When a "Paradox" monster you control is destroyed: Pay half your LP; Special Summon this card from your hand or Deck. If you do not control "Paradox/Spell A", destroy this card. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Destroy all other monsters on the field, and inflict 800 damage to 1 opponent player for each monster destroyed.

-I Summon "Malefic Truth Dragon"!-

Hidden Effect:

You can control more than 1 monster, ignoring the effects and conditions of any cards you control.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I took some liberty with Malefic Selector, so it is not the same as in the anime. I wanted to give Paradox a way to make new Malefics so I thought that was a good card to replace the effect with given its name. I do hope you enjoy these, everyone.

You should change world to once per turn and prevent it from returning your entire hand, it destroys the point of a boss deck (being at full force after at least 3 turns (under normal circumstances).
You should also remove the condition of preenting other monsters on the bosses side of the field, they appear to be small baby cats, who cannot hurt anyone, a boss is supposedto be scary and paradox is known for rushing with multiple beatstick monsters, thus that should be how it is, you could (on the other hand add (for the field spell) a limitation on how many monsters you can summon per turn if you summon monsters with 4k atk to stay true to the movie, allowing red-eyes and blue-eyes to appear at the same time, while limiting the abuses of the 4k monsters.
Impressive how well executed all boss monsters are for this deck, well done, however the spells and trap deserve a bit more attention (as well as that the monsters could be changed a bit), I will mention a few changes I would suggest:
1.) Spell A (If you summon one monster with 4k atk during this turn you cannot summon other monsters (except maybe E), however this could also be added to the 4k monsters instead of the field spell),( immunity to once per turn, also make it the hidden effect), (no reseting of the entire hand)
2.) Spell B (very well designed, however I would change the "You cannot control other monsters." part to "you cannot summon other monsters during the turn in which you activate this effect".) (perhaps allow it to revive paradox monsters from your grave for a bit protection, as additional targets, of course with the earlier mentioned restriction).
3.) Trap A (Is this card really meant to make all effects futile, it should not be, maybe change it to protect against spells, traps and THEIR effects)
4.) The change for your monsters to be around with each other (however the summoning limitation for A and B.
Amazing work, especially Rainbow Dragon, keep up the good work.

You should change world to once per turn and prevent it from returning your entire hand, it destroys the point of a boss deck (being at full force after at least 3 turns (under normal circumstances).
You should also remove the condition of preenting other monsters on the bosses side of the field, they appear to be small baby cats, who cannot hurt anyone, a boss is supposedto be scary and paradox is known for rushing with multiple beatstick monsters, thus that should be how it is, you could (on the other hand add (for the field spell) a limitation on how many monsters you can summon per turn if you summon monsters with 4k atk to stay true to the movie, allowing red-eyes and blue-eyes to appear at the same time, while limiting the abuses of the 4k monsters.
Impressive how well executed all boss monsters are for this deck, well done, however the spells and trap deserve a bit more attention (as well as that the monsters could be changed a bit), I will mention a few changes I would suggest:
1.) Spell A (If you summon one monster with 4k atk during this turn you cannot summon other monsters (except maybe E), however this could also be added to the 4k monsters instead of the field spell),( immunity to once per turn, also make it the hidden effect), (no reseting of the entire hand)
2.) Spell B (very well designed, however I would change the "You cannot control other monsters." part to "you cannot summon other monsters during the turn in which you activate this effect".) (perhaps allow it to revive paradox monsters from your grave for a bit protection, as additional targets, of course with the earlier mentioned restriction).
3.) Trap A (Is this card really meant to make all effects futile, it should not be, maybe change it to protect against spells, traps and THEIR effects)
4.) The change for your monsters to be around with each other (however the summoning limitation for A and B.
Amazing work, especially Rainbow Dragon, keep up the good work.

I prefer only controlling one monster total as it gives Truth Dragon something truly frightening as its hidden effect, being multiple.

I understand you concern with Malefic World but I tried to mimicking it's random adding as best I could. You still get massive beatsticks and/or effects until you start really screwing them up.

And no, Force is written as it should be to make it immune only to spell cards and spell effects. I understand the confusion but that is the proper way to write that afaik.

Then the field spell prevents the deck way too much from doing anything, one raigeki etc. and he stands defenceless.

However it prevents them from being any threat without cyber end or truth ... I have an even better idea, they are all limited to one summon per turn and truth removes that, however otherwise all other seem to be quite harmless.

Should force not say "and their effects" ?

Then the field spell prevents the deck way too much from doing anything, one raigeki etc. and he stands defenceless.

However it prevents them from being any threat without cyber end or truth ... I have an even better idea, they are all limited to one summon per turn and truth removes that, however otherwise all other seem to be quite harmless.

Should force not say "and their effects" ?

It should not say that, but I can see where that would be helpful. But that's not necessary by PSCT. And one Raigeki doesn't leave him defenseless as then he'll have Truth. It'll take effort just like any other boss to beat Paradox, just in different ways. And again, I prefer the only controlling one, because still controlling multiples 4000 beaters doesnt make me happy.Its using elements from their counterparts in the real game and I'm ok with that.

Archived