Turning Birds of Prey into Predators ~ Raidraptors.dek (with Smokescreen Seraphs)

Βyakuya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRaBV2n56Bg

iDHg1va.png

x1 Arma Knight (Free Mimicry Dump; Searchable via RotA and easily splashable with Goblinbergh)

x1 Zephyros (Alt. Foolish/Arma Dump target that will revive a free Fiendish Chain, Nest, Vanish Lanius, or Goblinbergh. Immensely useful to gain a +1 Xyz aterial boost)

x1 DAD (Easy to utilize considering the amount of recycling and banishing in Graveyard. Ideal field removal option to mark big damage)
x3 Goblinbergh (Preferred over Tin Goldfish due to RotA searchability. Grants extra RR summon to give that extra Xyz Material)

x2 Heroic Champ. Halberd (Thrasher was also an option, but Halberd works due to getting its other bro via attacking with the other RRs, and will supplement an extra Xyz Material as well)

x2 RR Impale Lanius (Revives an RR in the Grave after attacking and cuts down on weak points of monsters. @2 for conservative reasons)

x3 RR Mimicry Lanius (The big searcher. Immensely abusable without need of Monk/Crane by just milling it straight from Deck. Grants Rank 4-5 options and supplements extra +s with Nest/Readiness searching and more)

x3 RR Tribute Lanius (The retrievable Foolish dump for Mimicry and gets a spare RUM. It's mediocre but will replace x1-2 with Fuzzy in the future)

x3 RR Vanish Lanius (The main dude responsible for the RR spam. Used with Nest to recycle used RR and Summon them again. Too necessary to create spam plays)

x1 Allure (Easy DARK searchability justifies moar draw power)

x2 Book of Eclipse (Might replace with BoM, but works well making room for Impale/Tribute. It's a test tech so it might easily be replaced, yet it has helped in many dire pinch situations)

x1 Foolish (With Mimicry = Single card RR-esque RotA)

x2 RR - Nest (Crucial extra boost searcher when x2 RRs are out. Bonus recycler to get used Vanish Lanius to continue the spamming)

x1 RUM - Raptor's Force (Underwhelming card to waste Extra Space, yet is still used for easy Blaze Falcon and lolz with sudden Giant Hand/Honor Ark takeover possibly)

x2 RotA (Goblinbergh, Arma, or Halberd searcher that enables eased hand spam plays. Much more efficient than Kageto or Tin.
x2 Swallow's Nest (Replaces unwanted RRs that were Lanius'd to get Impale during BP or for Rank 5 plays with Mimicry. @2 because @3 is not too necessary, though its potential @3 can be tested later)

x1 BotH (Obvious threat destroyer is key)

x2 Dimensional Prison (Blaze Falcon is a mere 1k, and RR need the same kind of intimidation their ancestors Blackwings did)

x2 Fiendish Chain (Abused with Zephyros, and is one of the best staples in the format. Equivalent of tying an enemy to a stone to make as a prey target for Impale/tribute)

x2 Icarus Attack (Emergency popper against opponent as a good means of MST bait and so fourth)

x2 RR - Readiness (Very underestimated. Is a good way of saving Impale from destruction and is a clutch Waboku from the grave that's Mimicry searchable)

x1 Solemn Warning (Pretty straightforward staple)

x1 Bujinki Amaterasu (Getting x3 Level 4s are too easy, so this guy can allow Ptolemaios relax before the main event. The best option of recycling dead Mimicry by SSing it or adding it back. Also super for reviving stuff banished by DAD or by Allure)

x1 Ptolemaios/Nova/Infinity (Because fuck you and fuck you too)

x1 Zerofyne (Turns threatening face-up cards into ATK food for this ultimate weapon)

x2 RR Force Strix (Important straightforward searcher and is also good for RUM usage)

x1 Zenmaioh (MST is not in here, so a decent 2600 beater with x2 the Alucard power is pretty handy dandy)

x1 Key Beetle (Protects Nest, Blaze Falcon, Chain, etc.)

x1 Volcasaurus (OTK options galore)

x5 Obvious Staples

-Extra deck is very hard to fill due to lots of possible techs. Exiled out Cowboy, Dweller, and Emeral sadly, though they might be reconsidered in the future. They're still good honorable mentions.

-Harpie Harpist not run because her search abilities are slow (during EP) and are limited to only Mimicry and Vanish. He Vulcan-sque effect is cool but it would be pretty hard getting her on the board when you NS Vanish and do RR spam here and there. She gets in the way and is not totally contributory due to not fitting in.

-MST and Trap Stun are not added, but there are a fair amount of staples that can supplement RR consistency and protects them as well. They might be tested in the future.

-Tin Goldish is very good, but Goblinbergh is picked over due to implementation with RotA mainly. Kagetokage is worse since I'd rather SS RR than NS one and let it go, as well as wasting space for King of Feral Imps.

-Seraph Smokescreen is yet to be fully tested, but should be straightforward with the Chair-kun and Stick-kun draw power shenanigans combined with RR Spam power. Oh if only Shock Power was back in TCG...

[spoiler=Sample Victory/Deck Capability]

BDqjOFa.png

[/spoiler]

Nothing much else to say. Shun would be proud. CnC?

i dont get the title. i never liked readiness. how has it been working? nothing much to say about the deck.

I allows Impale Lanius to safely revive a RR from the Graveyard without having to pay any other costs, because Readiness be activated, and then immediately banished afterward to prevent destruction and battle. It's a precaution against threatening beaters since bosses like Blaze Falcon are pretty weak, and it's searchable via Mimicry. I might be overexaggerating its potential by having 2, but it's something no RR deck should turn down.

I was also referencing the parallel of actual Lanius genus that are somewhat birds of prey that can be predatorial in some circumstances. After all, Shun is the kind of person that has the potential to uprise over war and despair.

I'd put black garden instead of readiness any day IMO.

He should only run the 1 copy instead of two, but Black Garden's a mediocre gimmick (especially given the astonishing lack of Summoner Monk here), and Readiness is a tech that can be dumped by Tribute.

As for the deck itself... Why are you using such a large and unneeded Warrior engine? The only thing it really adds to the deck is a Zephyros dump, and the rest of the warriors aren't worth it. You're not even running Summoner Monk or maxing Nest, yet you're running subpar warriors in their place.

Zephyros isn't even amazing here due to the poor name. Just a tech at best.

Kagetokage (pre-CORE) is better than the warriors, just because it's a DARK and doesn't have any real restricons (Doesn't go to DEF, doesn't need a clear field), and you can technically run King of the Feral Imps, if you so desire.

DAD also seems like a poor decision, because what you put in the grave is what you want to keep in the grave. Nest grabs back from the grave, so banishing your Nest targets (esp. Vanishings) and Impale targets (esp. Vanishings) makes it seem like you're running an inconsistent draw that you'll rarely want to drop.

Pre-CORE, monsters needed:
11-12 Laniuses (Impale should be at 3, Tribute at 2-3)
2 Summoner Monk
2-3 Kagetokage (not needed, but a big boon to the pre-CORE deck)

Allure of Darkness is a bad generic card @1. Better with Kagetokage, but still not worth it.

Also why are you not running book of moon? Forget that it's strong generically, it's even stronger in a deck full of things with effects that are only live the turn they're summoned. And no Raigeki either...

Foolish
Book of Moon
Raigeki
2-3 Swallow's Nest
3 Raidraptor - Nest

The needed Spells. The RUM is actually a really mediocre card, and it's not worth the ED slot, but people seem to insist on it, so I'l leave it. Lance is not a bad card, either.

As for the traps... Why? Solemn isn't a good card, for example, and you're running Dimensional Prison over the completely superior. Seriously, you're running Solemn over Ring of Destruction? No Vanity's?

2-3 MF
Ring of Destruction
Vanity's
2-3 Fiendish
2 Icarus Attack
0-1 Readiness

Volcasaurus isn't a good card anymore. It's overkill and it takes 2 ED slots to be worth it for not enough payoff, and it isn't really worth it without Gaia Dragon. Adreus is better due to hitting s/t.

Infinity and Amaterasu aren't really worth it, either, considering that 3x Level 4s is often a rather hefty cost or one you go out of your way to do.

Exciton is even worse here than it is generically. Same logic as Geargia; If you're making an R4, there's a very high chance you're ahead in advantage.

101 is a bad card.

Natural R5s you should run (choose 3):
Adreus
Tiras
Zenmaioh
Shark Fortress

Natural R4s needed:
Utopia (makes S39: Utopia the Lightning)
2 Strix (as you're already doing)
Ice Beast Zerofyne
DRXD
Castel
Abyss Dweller
65: Master Key Beetle

R0/1:
F0: Utopic Future (clears your board)

Number 80, 52, 103, Gagaga Cowboy, Cairngorgon, Chain and Emeral, etc. are all choices, as well.

He should only run the 1 copy instead of two, but Black Garden's a mediocre gimmick (especially given the astonishing lack of Summoner Monk here), and Readiness is a tech that can be dumped by Tribute.

Black Garden I'd run if I ran Rise Falcon and Rhapsody in Berserk.

As for the deck itself... Why are you using such a large and unneeded Warrior engine? The only thing it really adds to the deck is a Zephyros dump, and the rest of the warriors aren't worth it. You're not even running Summoner Monk or maxing Nest, yet you're running subpar warriors in their place.

Arma is pretty much the improvised Zephyros dump, but Tribute does much better. I ran the rest of the Warriors instead because I wanted to greatly improve boosted RR summons by adding Extra material, and it came down to Kageto or Goblinbergh, and I chose Goblin cause Arma seemed like a decent side-tech with Zephyros. Eventually I tested x3 Swallow Nest so it did work out nicely, ye the Monk is something I have to test because I really am wary about the -1 spell I'd have to dump. This all makes Infinity/Amaterasu much more relevant.

Zephyros isn't even amazing here due to the poor name. Just a tech at best.

Kagetokage (pre-CORE) is better than the warriors, just because it's a DARK and doesn't have any real restricons (Doesn't go to DEF, doesn't need a clear field), and you can technically run King of the Feral Imps, if you so desire.

Imps might have to cut down one Extra Deck space, but I might have to see how consistent I'll get Kagetokage anyways.

DAD also seems like a poor decision, because what you put in the grave is what you want to keep in the grave. Nest grabs back from the grave, so banishing your Nest targets (esp. Vanishings) and Impale targets (esp. Vanishings) makes it seem like you're running an inconsistent draw that you'll rarely want to drop.

You have a valid point and I did test that out, but it did mesh better with Amaterasu. Nevertheless I'll drop it. It was really good since RR can moderate their Grave easy and can have some decency in recovering from them, but I guess banishing a Vanish might be too risky.

Pre-CORE, monsters needed:
11-12 Laniuses (Impale should be at 3, Tribute at 2-3)
2 Summoner Monk
2-3 Kagetokage (not needed, but a big boon to the pre-CORE deck)

Allure of Darkness is a bad generic card @1. Better with Kagetokage, but still not worth it.

I was weary of the draw power but I might test it out.

Also why are you not running book of moon? Forget that it's strong generically, it's even stronger in a deck full of things with effects that are only live the turn they're summoned. And no Raigeki either...

Foolish
Book of Moon
Raigeki
2-3 Swallow's Nest
3 Raidraptor - Nest

Eclipses can easily be replaced with BoM and a Raigeki I guess. Eclipse seems a bit risky. RR - Nest is fine @2 for thinner deck space.

The needed Spells. The RUM is actually a really mediocre card, and it's not worth the ED slot, but people seem to insist on it, so I'l leave it. Lance is not a bad card, either.

Blaze Falcon is okay. The RUM is there because what the heck. People are running more Castel lately so I might give it a try.

As for the traps... Why? Solemn isn't a good card, for example, and you're running Dimensional Prison over the completely superior. Seriously, you're running Solemn over Ring of Destruction? No Vanity's?

2-3 MF
Ring of Destruction
Vanity's
2-3 Fiendish
2 Icarus Attack
0-1 Readiness

Vanity's might seem very counterproductive. Even if it cripples a crucial play for a turn, I'm not sure if I can wield it greatly with a spam-happy deck. But I guess that's the point anyways. Ring of D though is very considerate and has indeed shown good prowess in my other builds.

Volcasaurus isn't a good card anymore. It's overkill and it takes 2 ED slots to be worth it for not enough payoff, and it isn't really worth it without Gaia Dragon. Adreus is better due to hitting s/t.

Fair enough. Guess it does seem like overkill for only monsters.

Infinity and Amaterasu aren't really worth it, either, considering that 3x Level 4s is often a rather hefty cost or one you go out of your way to do.

Getting x3 Level 4s are too easy with the build I have. Getting Infinity is merely a walk in the park. Of course, it was in part due to the Warrior engine, but I can always try Summoner Monk and Kagetokage elsewhere. Even though Shock Master is a dream, Infinity is a lethal weapon and Amaterasu is an improvised play that recovers Mimicry easily. It's not like it will be useless lategame, since I'll be dumping Mimicry very fast, and having a Quick-effect enables extra 2+ for 2 turns with a decent 2600 ATK. I have to abuse the x3 Level 4 capabilities here.

Exciton is even worse here than it is generically. Same logic as Geargia; If you're making an R4, there's a very high chance you're ahead in advantage.

101 is a bad card.

Exciton;s reasoning is logical but if you're saying Honor Ark is now obsolete, probably Castel is a better option. Though, I'll just stick to 101 for utility sake.

Natural R5s you should run (choose 3):
Adreus
Tiras
Zenmaioh
Shark Fortress

Adreus and Zenmaioh are fine. I don't go into Rank 5s too often.

Natural R4s needed:
Utopia (makes S39: Utopia the Lightning)
2 Strix (as you're already doing)
Ice Beast Zerofyne
DRXD
Castel
Abyss Dweller
65: Master Key Beetle

Pretty much an expected Extra Deck sample from the likes of you. I'll try it out.

R0/1:
F0: Utopic Future (clears your board)

Also pretty interesting, I'll check it out, but I dunno if I can wield it to a good extent in most cases.

Number 80, 52, 103, Gagaga Cowboy, Cairngorgon, Chain and Emeral, etc. are all choices, as well.

80 would be great. 52 I'd say would be a bit lesser than DRXD. Everything else seems fine.

At the very least, if there was gone good reason I could use the Warrior Engine is to have an easy replacement for Seraphs in G2. But in general it's all consistent Xyz fodder.

Runnign warriors for alternate win cons that don't mesh so well isn't a great idea. Kagetokage's attribute and less restrictive summoning method, albeit unable to be NSd, make it better.

You need to not be afraid of Monk's discard. Yeah, it can be countered... but resolving it is a power roll.

Personally, not fond of King Feral, just making a point that it's more consistent than the Warrior engine.

RR nest is not fine at 2. It is your continuous RotA. You run 3 because drawing it is optimal, and you want as many copies as possible to be around, in case the first is removed. The logic of "it eats slots and it's easily serachable" is incredibly poor in a game with as much removal as YGO has.

For the ED...
101 hasn;t been a good card for a few formats, honestly. It's not even good in lower tiers. It's a well designed card, but a weak one nowadays. There are better utility R4.

See, the problem with you saying that Infinity/Amaterasu are easy to access... is that you're running a subpar engine. That eats 9 whole slots (why wouldn't you run 3 rota, anyways?), and this tempts you to cut down on other good supports for the deck like RR - Nest. So yes, you can summon them with help from our engine, but the engine as a whole is less than optimal.

And yes, you can go for that gimmick, but that doesn't mean it's not worse. Infinity's definitely considerable, but Amaterasu feels like it'd be overkill later. Sure, you can get mimickry back... but it's not exactly a strong card in its own right. Just an okay one. And by that point, you've likely searched your deck out, anyways.

Runnign warriors for alternate win cons that don't mesh so well isn't a great idea. Kagetokage's attribute and less restrictive summoning method, albeit unable to be NSd, make it better.

You need to not be afraid of Monk's discard. Yeah, it can be countered... but resolving it is a power roll.

Personally, not fond of King Feral, just making a point that it's more consistent than the Warrior engine.

RR nest is not fine at 2. It is your continuous RotA. You run 3 because drawing it is optimal, and you want as many copies as possible to be around, in case the first is removed. The logic of "it eats slots and it's easily serachable" is incredibly poor in a game with as much removal as YGO has.

For the ED...
101 hasn;t been a good card for a few formats, honestly. It's not even good in lower tiers. It's a well designed card, but a weak one nowadays. There are better utility R4.

See, the problem with you saying that Infinity/Amaterasu are easy to access... is that you're running a subpar engine. That eats 9 whole slots (why wouldn't you run 3 rota, anyways?), and this tempts you to cut down on other good supports for the deck like RR - Nest. So yes, you can summon them with help from our engine, but the engine as a whole is less than optimal.

And yes, you can go for that gimmick, but that doesn't mean it's not worse. Infinity's definitely considerable, but Amaterasu feels like it'd be overkill later. Sure, you can get mimickry back... but it's not exactly a strong card in its own right. Just an okay one. And by that point, you've likely searched your deck out, anyways.

I can definitely realize that the Extra gets heavily thinned when Infinity and Amaterasu are around. I do agree that Amaterasu might seems like overkill since you're investing another x3 Material to gain even more consistency, but I guess it's fair I have other options. It's hard to turn it down since it's a good way of adding a balancing to the Mimicry aspect that some people don't realize. It's a very fun gimmick.

Archived