Type Ultimates/Gods

Lasaro Ginjou

So, I was looking around and thought, why do dragons have all the super amazing cards and others do not? Then I decided to make a collection of cards, one for each type, based on the Dragon Ultimate card:
[spoiler="Five-Headed Dragon"]This is simply a copy of the original card.
Ujrs9XO.jpg
[/spoiler]They will all follow the same base:
-5 monsters of the same type
-Will have a strong (in my opinion) effect.
So, here they are!!
[spoiler=1. Aqua]DlYRO7k.jpg[spoiler=Clarification] "FIRE and Pyro-Type" means "either".
"WATER Aqua-Type" means "they have to be both.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=2. Beast]TdyqIuy.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=3. Beast-Warrior]oRdmmuw.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=4. Dinosaur]VOZiJMe.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=6. Fairy]59nOZ6D.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=7. Fiend]T8ucFO5.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=8. Fish]eqSjZR1.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=9. Insect]MoITmrU.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=10. Machine]sEwPmle.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=11. Plant]qfTtki9.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=12. Pyro]v9VByUG.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=13. Reptile]gKups3G.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=14. Rock]45FTtnN.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=15. Sea Serpent]GHihsRT.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=16. Spellcaster]oDA8Ith.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=17. Thunder]onySELS.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=18. Warrior]ERAVKBE.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=19. Winged Beast]6V0DCaT.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=20. Zombie]jSXsg1c.jpg[/spoiler]

I welcome all critics and opinions on this work and also ideas about this and the rest of the types.

I will definitely make one. There will be one for every type apart from Divine Beast, Creator God and Wyrm. Do you have any suggestions on the effect of the Machine?

Dl2yVG3.jpg

Here's my take at it ^^

The idea seemed fun and all, so I decided to chime in~

As for the cards themselves, they're really cool in concept and the potential for HAM effects is limitless.

Possibly somthing relating to cyber dragons........
Maybe somthing like this
Once per turn you can select one Machine-type monster you control and equip it to this card. This card gains one of these effects depending on the number of cards equipped to it
-1 This cards name is treated as the equipped monster
-2-3 This card inflicts piercing damage
-4 This card gains 100 ATK for every monster this card destroys by battle
-5 You can banish all cards equipped to this card: Destroy all cards on the field and in both players hands.

If you don't happen to choose a Cyber dragon effect maybe this ?
Maybe somthing like this
Once per turn you can select one Machine-type monster you control and equip it to this card. This card gains one of these effects depending on the number of cards equipped to it
-5 You can banish all cards equipped to this card: Destroy all cards on the field and in both players hands.

Maybe somthing like this

this is a cool idea! I always wondered too why dragons are the only one to have the cool cards, also on the Dino card the effect should be "If this card would be destroyed....."

Fixed! Thanks for the tip.

[spoiler=card]Dl2yVG3.jpg[/spoiler]
Here's my take at it ^^
The idea seemed fun and all, so I decided to chime in~
As for the cards themselves, they're really cool in concept and the potential for HAM effects is limitless.

Looks nice. I will still make my own but I like this one too. What I am attempting is to create a different effect for each one. No similarities.

Maybe somthing like this

This gives me an idea. I will make it and you let me know what you think.

As I said before awesome :)
But you could also put more of one type but different attribute
Spellcasters and warriors can do this

That is indeed a simple solution. Although, I thought it would be quite special if each was unique to a specific type.
Tell you what. After I finish this I will make Attribute Ultimates/Gods. One for each Attribute.
What do you think?

Individual card comments

• Water-Body Titan: Erm, as written, it doubles its own ATK, which puts it at 10,000. That's a victory condition all by itself: one direct attack with that monster and you win.
  • Six-Handed Dinosaur: I like its survivability, but I think you passed up an opportunity for an awesome concept. It's a Dinosaur that survives by invoking the spirits of its fallen comrades. It could be, like, the embodiment of The Meteor, or some kind of uber dinosaur shaman invoking the ancient past.
  • Shining-Nimbus Angel: Okay, you can vary up the ATK and DEF a little. 5,000 on each stat will get old. Anyway, that's a crazy Summoning condition.
  • Hundred-Thorned Demon: I'm noticing a trend in these names... Still, it's a cool concept, but the wording on how long the effect lasts is really confusing. Maybe use Spell Counters or the like to keep track of how long the "possession" is supposed to last? Also, if you have a 5,000-ATK beatstick up, you aren't exactly encouraging your opponent to attack you. There's no point in making a defensive bastion with 5,000 ATK.
  • Adamantine-Ore Giant: Okay you don't exactly have to copy F.G.D.'s name for every single one of these cards. Anyway, the effect is fascinating, to the extent that I have no idea how it'd balance! I guess my question right now is, if you draw a new effect monster and you want to equip it, what happens to the old equipped monster?
  • Razor-Fanged Plant: Urgh. The flavour on most of these was pretty great (especially Hundred-Thorned Demon), but this one falls apart. Six-Handed Dinosaur is a really lame name, but at least it COULD be awesome. This one... This suffers the same problem as Hundred-Thorned Demon, but it's worse in every way. Who wants to attack you when you have a 5,000 ATK beatstick up? The effect should take into account the fact that you have such a field-stopping monster up to begin with.
  • Sea-King Cobra: Combine it with easy-to-Summon Level 1 monsters and the right combos and I'm pretty sure this could lead to an OTK. 4,500 damage in one go is pretty horrific, especially since there's no cost for that effect, and no way to stop it. It seems a bit broken (though I'm not sure; I don't know the state of the metagame).
  • Weather-Lord Wizard: This is a utility card; it really shouldn't have 5,000 ATK and DEF. (Also, I'm trying to visualize putting five wizards in a blender and coming out with that, and it's... not really working.) Also, I get the feeling that kind of searching can let a shrewd player set up almost any play they want. A very dangerous card.
  • Trident-Sword Warrior: At least this is actually making use of its nightmarish ATK, but again, how does putting five warriors in a blender end up with that?
  • Two-Feathered Phoenix: Yeah, the naming convention has officially gotten stupid. A two-feathered phoenix would look downright pathetic; that picture has a lot more than two feathers. Anyway, pretty basic survivability, nothing special. I just wonder what happens if no other cards you control meet the requirements - is there a ruling on that kind of effect or?

...Of course, all of this is almost academic. The only reason F.G.D. works in the first place is through the combination of Future Fusion and Dragon's Mirror IIRC. So in practice I'm not entirely sure how anyone would get around to Summoning these?

But yeah. I like the idea you had in mind, but I think you're tying yourself down by resolving to make twenty clones of F.G.D. It gets repetitive, and you end up with dull cards like Razor-Fanged Plant. Branching out a bit, lowering the battle stats, and maybe interacting with that ridiculously difficult Summoning method could make these much more interesting.

Individual card comments....

I really like your in-depth comments. First of all, I really don't care about the naming pattern and stats as this two are indeed copies of the F.G.D.
As for the rest:

• Water-Body Titan: Fixed. I didn’t realize that.
  • Six-Handed Dinosaur: I don’t quite get what you mean with this one.
  • Shining-Nimbus Angel: I think it is quite ok. I reinforce myself with every attack while I give the opportunity to the opponent to inflict damage. I think it is balanced.
  • Hundred-Thorned Demon: If the destroyed monster is level 4 then you control the monster for 4 turns including your opponent’s.
  • Adamantine-Ore Giant: The effect might be weak or strong. And you can’t use the monsters you equip. So, you sacrifice your monsters to give effects to this card. And since you can only equip one, when you equip a new one the old goes to Graveyard.
  • Razor-Fanged Plant: A non-beautiful monster doesn't need a beautiful name. Also, if you consider the original F.H.D. who can only be destroyed by LIGHT monsters, I think this is nothing. At list I made it Attack Position to make sure I lose something, too.
  • Sea-King Cobra: You are definitely right about this one. I made “discard 1 monster” and “Halve ATK”. Good enough?
  • Weather-Lord Wizard: That is true also. I changed it to make it less useful and I lose some, too. As for the art and the rest, I think the “Weather” part leads to “changing the tides of the game” as with the “tides of the sea” and wind is because weather is more or less about wind and its temperature.
  • Trident-Sword Warrior: Well, if you think about it putting five dragons together does not really result in a dragon that has one head for each attribute either unless each dragon material has a different one of the five attributes.
  • Two-Feathered Phoenix: If you look closely to its head it has two long feathers. This is what the naming means. Also, to make sure you can play this card you need a deck with many winged-beasts there and ways to bring them on the field. So, this wouldn't be a problem. And as with any kind of effect if the requirement is not met then the effect is not activated. Simple.
As for the summoning, there are plenty of cards to play with and make decks that bring all these on the field fast. If you don’t like this then I can try making support cards too which I was not really planning, too.

List Update:
-Changed name and artwork of winged beast. From "Two-Feathered Phoenix" to "Rainbow-Feathered Phoenix".
-added three new types:
[spoiler=Beast]TdyqIuy.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Beast-Warrior]oRdmmuw.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Thunder]onySELS.jpg[/spoiler]
Also, made a few changes in:
Aqua
Plant
Sea Serpent
Spellcaster

Looking forward to everyone's opinions!!!

Good but about the beast and typhoon
Typhoon: how can you summon 5 with only 3 cards and whoever controls typhoon can only summon at max 4
Beast:it wouldn't be peircing dmg. would it? it would be effect dmg most likely

Typhon: You draw three cards but you already have your hand. So from all the card in your hand you are allowed to summon from 1 to 5 monsters. That was the idea.
Beast: I didn't want to have a "purely piercing damage". It would be too much. But I changed the wording to make it more correct. Thanks for the tip.

List Update:
[spoiler=Fish]57KCrMe.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Insect]MoITmrU.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Pyro]v9VByUG.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Reptile]Wu6yRSF.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rock]45FTtnN.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Zombie]wg9ushE.jpg[/spoiler]

This concludes my list. I have included all types except:

1. Divine-Beast: Because... well.. they are already Divine.
  2. Creator God: Because there is supposed to be only one.
  3. Psychic: Because I don't like it. I might do one for this in the future
  4. Wyrm: Same reason. Am not going to make one for this... ever. This one just spells  the creators' need to add a new type. It is what I call  a "desperate type".

:526099_key:

On your Trident-Thingy Warrior rebuttal: Er, F.G.D. is just five dragons strapped to one body. If you put five dragons in a blender and the result was coherent, I'm pretty sure you would end up with F.G.D.

Fish: Hoooly Summoning engine, Batman. That's a cool effect; no clue how it balances (my gut says it's broken, but I don't know what that Level restriction would mean in practice). That said, the Life Point-gaining effect is completely pointless. Its effect on the Duel is negligible at best (consider: you'd need ten of those to make up one direct attack from the Shark), and it makes the players waste their time adding up little droplets of extra LP. Just ditch it and focus on the Summoning mechanic, and listen to other people who can tell whether it's broken or not. :P

Insect: This is where I'm really disappointed that even the names are F.G.D. ripoffs - this was just crying out to be "Super Perfect Supreme Ultimate Mega Ultra Great Moth." :P Anyway, making this more a wall than a beatstick is an interesting take on it, especially since Insects tend to prefer their effects to actual combat IIRC. The phrasing on the "you MUST banish a thingy..." is kind of weirding me out - should that be more like "During your Standby Phase, you can banish 1 Insect-Type monster in your Graveyard; if you do not, this card cannot declare an attack until the end of the turn."? (That's a legitimate question; I'm not sure how that should be worded. Maybe the "must" shows that it's a cost, IDK.)

Pyro: I think this one is actually my favourite, since it's really playing the idea of a 5000 ATK nightmare to the hilt. Now it's much harder (though far from impossible) to get rid of, but you have to really invest in it in order to make it work. It's an interesting theoretical exercise, even if I don't know how good it is in practice, and "interesting" is more than enough for me. ^w^

Reptile: Same problem as Razor-Fanged Plant - if you have this monster up, why would you ever take battle damage? Your opponent isn't going to attack if you have that thing up, so its effect is totally pointless.

Rock: Is that supposed to be "Hieroglyph-Bearing?" But I actually like this effect well enough, because it cements the card's role: to so completely dominate the field of battle that the opponent can't possibly mount a resistance without turning to card effects (which presumably the Deck would try to counter). It acknowledges the utter supremacy of a 5000 ATK beatstick in battle, which your Reptile, your Plant, and, to be fair, the original F.G.D. all screw up. (Like, yeah, we're gonna use some FIRE monster with 5100 ATK to attack F.G.D., you can pull those out all the time.) I dunno whether that role is any good, but the premise was "clone of F.G.D.", not "viable competitive option" - as far as I know, F.G.D.'s main role is to turn Future Fusion into a fivefold Foolish Burial.

Zombie: Special Summon from where? The Graveyard, the Deck, the hand, outer space?

On your Trident-Thingy Warrior rebuttal: Er, F.G.D. is just five dragons strapped to one body. If you put five dragons in a blender and the result was coherent, I'm pretty sure you would end up with F.G.D.

So, the problem about how I ended up with these Warrior and Spellcaster is what? The art?
About what you said for the Insect and Rock, let me explain:
  • Insect: I wanted to go with the image showing the Aura. But as I said before I don't really worry about the names. There are so many uncool names in the real cards. The effect is indeed a cost.
  • Rock: Hieroglyph comes from the Greek word "Ιερογλυφο" which does not normally have an "H" in front. So, I wanted to go with the original word's pronunciation. It is a name after all. The words can be in whatever way we want. Right?
As for the cards with problems in effects, how about these?
[spoiler=Fish]eqSjZR1.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Plant]qfTtki9.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Reptile]gKups3G.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Zombie]jSXsg1c.jpg[/spoiler]
I noticed you are quite strict and thorough in you critics. This means you pay good attention. I appreciate that.

Archived