Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

So, when I first heard about the game I kind of ignored it and had no interest. Then my 3DS was like, this is free, just click me to download, and I did.

I've already put in more than 5 hours.

Might be because I love pokemon and matching games, but the stupid game is addicting. It is a tad frustrating that I can only play in 10 minute installments and that a decent amount of time is spent just trying to catch a single stupid pokemon, but I'm really enjoying it.

Recent achievement was catching Dratini without making a move.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually hadn't heard of this game until about a week or so ago, when Lord Cowcow told me about it.

I haven't gotten that far in it (only in Night Festival), but it's pretty addicting at times. Still trying to master the whole combo chain thing, but yeah. The catch rate thing is frustrating (I've had misses on 80% catch rate so many times), but it's still a fun game. Kind of reminds me a little of Bejeweled.

I actually hadn't heard of this game until about a week or so ago, when Lord Cowcow told me about it.

I haven't gotten that far in it (only in Night Festival), but it's pretty addicting at times. Still trying to master the whole combo chain thing, but yeah. The catch rate thing is frustrating (I've had misses on 80% catch rate so many times), but it's still a fun game. Kind of reminds me a little of Bejeweled.

Wait till you get further in. Some pokemon you'll be lucky to get over 25%. I'm about 1/3 in (on stage 66 as a point of reference).

Started playing a couple days ago, haven't stopped yet.

This game has no right to fun, and yet...

So much this. I can only assume I have a weakness for these sorts of games.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been slowly losing my mind trying to catch Gengar. His stage is naturally pretty hard and every time I get even slightly decent odds I fail. I've had 26->52, 22, 18->36, 18->36 all fail and I know I've won with 10% odds a several times too. I was wondering why the game was being unusually nice while I was going through the other stages. Now I know.

As a point of reference, I'm pretty sure the 3 Pokemon I'm using that aren't my mega I had at the start of level 1 when I started. They are nearing level 6 now. The worse part is if you want to S rank it you need at least 7 moves left since I know 6 only gets A.

So, when I first heard about the game I kind of ignored it and had no interest. Then my 3DS was like, this is free, just click me to download, and I did.

I've already put in more than 5 hours.

Might be because I love pokemon and matching games, but the stupid game is addicting. It is a tad frustrating that I can only play in 10 minute installments and that a decent amount of time is spent just trying to catch a single stupid pokemon, but I'm really enjoying it.

Recent achievement was catching Dratini without making a move.

My story is exactly the same as yours! I wish I had started to play it earlier, because I ended up missing a lot of events :( I hope they repeat them at some point.

So, I've been slowly losing my mind trying to catch Gengar. His stage is naturally pretty hard and every time I get even slightly decent odds I fail. I've had 26->52, 22, 18->36, 18->36 all fail and I know I've won with 10% odds a several times too. I was wondering why the game was being unusually nice while I was going through the other stages. Now I know.

As a point of reference, I'm pretty sure the 3 Pokemon I'm using that aren't my mega I had at the start of level 1 when I started. They are nearing level 6 now. The worse part is if you want to S rank it you need at least 7 moves left since I know 6 only gets A.

I only managed to catch him by using a Disruption Delay :/ Really, a lot of Pokémon I caught recently required me to spend all my money on items, and that bothers me a lot.

Taken for a chat log with a friend

i just beat Gengar in 5 moves
I have 42% chance to catch
if this doesn't work
so help me god
kill me
just kill me

I hate this so much right now

I only managed to catch him by using a Disruption Delay :/ Really, a lot of Pokémon I caught recently required me to spend all my money on items, and that bothers me a lot.

That actually seems really helpful. Right now whats killing me is just the fact that my luck is terrible.

FINALLY caught the damn thing. It was a 6% chance, but after failing so many times at decent odds I had to get it somehow. Dear lord that was miserable.

I managed to beat M-Gengar by using Disruption Delay (after being left without enough money for another one) and then spending one of my diamonds on 5 extra moves XD

But what frustrates me the most about this game right now is the current Safari Zone Special Event - I succeeded at catching Spinda, Cherubi and Carvanha, but now I never get to bump into Cherrim or Sharpedo, and when I do, I never manage to catch them :/ And there are only 3 days left!

I managed to beat M-Gengar by using Disruption Delay (after being left without enough money for another one) and then spending one of my diamonds on 5 extra moves XD

But what frustrates me the most about this game right now is the current Safari Zone Special Event - I succeeded at catching Spinda, Cherubi and Carvanha, but now I never get to bump into Cherrim or Sharpedo, and when I do, I never manage to catch them :/ And there are only 3 days left!

I got really lucky with him and didn't need any help. What makes him so annoying is all the stupid Eevees that are all basically misses. All the pokemon that have you get a 5th support have this problem. Also, I was disappointed with his effect. Basically says, once this goes mega, don't match it and just let the board get so many it happens on its own.

Yea, Safari is dumb. I only caught Cherubi so far. Will likely try again before it goes away. Only helpful thing is that 4/5 are weak to bug and once you get both grass types you can just use fighting since the other 3 are all weak to that. Really sucks that if you can't get them (or the other special pokemon) in the time limit the are gone for good. Like I'd LOVE Mega Lucario since it has once of my favorite Mega effects. Still I'm lucky that I'm finally at a point that I can get things pretty easily since I now have most the main game pokemon. Celebii was a joke, but his board being easy and his catch rate being forgiving helped a ton.

Right now I'm having trouble catching Blaziken. I caught Sceptile and Swampert no problem, but I can't even get him down half way. Not having the middle 2 rows is BURTAL. 

Annnnd I totally failed to catch the Sharpedo from the Safari event before time ran out, what a lovely way to start my weekend :D
God, I hate so much that stupid event  :526081_key:

I didn't really bother trying to catch the safari pokemon. The RNG on who shows up and the difficulty to catch them made it seems pretty miserable. Like the dozen or two times I tried during safari stuff I never even SAW Sharpedo. It was dumb.

Anyway, at Mega Mewtwo Y atm. Going back to unlock Yveltal and hoping that will make it easier.

Hey, Flare, since it appears now you're ahead of me, would you mind sharing some tips on how to catch Togekiss and Heracross, as well as defeat Haxorus? I never manage to reach a capture rate high enough to force the former to stay inside the ball, while the later consists of an overtly complicated puzzle that requires a very specific move combination in order to be solved :/

Haxorus is a PAIN, because it's an actual puzzle. No luck, and no basis on your Pokemon. The board is the same every time. Even once I figured out the moves needed to win, I had to do it twice to actually capture it.

I've been gradually gathering S Ranks. I just recently got the 150 S Ranks to unlock Mewtwo, but still haven't caught Yveltal or Mewtwo yet. I have everything else (except some of the Rotom forms, as I started when that Daily Pokemon selection was on its last day).

Hey, Flare, since it appears now you're ahead of me, would you mind sharing some tips on how to catch Togekiss and Heracross, as well as defeat Haxorus? I never manage to reach a capture rate high enough to force the former to stay inside the ball, while the later consists of an overtly complicated puzzle that requires a very specific move combination in order to be solved :/

Not sure what to say about Togekiss or Heracross. I just kind of just keep going until it finally catches. See the few days I spent trying to get Gengar. For Haxours you need burn a move since the unbreakable blocks go away on 0. Ideally you'd want to make sure you burn a Axew match since they are the least useful.  

Haxorus is a PAIN, because it's an actual puzzle. No luck, and no basis on your Pokemon. The board is the same every time. Even once I figured out the moves needed to win, I had to do it twice to actually capture it.

I've been gradually gathering S Ranks. I just recently got the 150 S Ranks to unlock Mewtwo, but still haven't caught Yveltal or Mewtwo yet. I have everything else (except some of the Rotom forms, as I started when that Daily Pokemon selection was on its last day).

The nice thing is you always S rank it and Haxorus is not hard to catch.

I just unlocked Yveltal. Doesn't seem THAT bad since the challenge seems to be in the clouds and you can get rid of them with Mega matches. ATM going to try and get him to make Mewtwo Y easier.

And wow, thats something. I came in so late that I don't mind catching the daily event pokemon. Honestly, I don't think I would have had good enough moves to even try it with until only recently.

I was not interested in this game at all until I read this thread earlier this week, when I finally decided to give it a chance.

I have been neglecting my other 3DS games since. Why is this game so fun? I swear these types of games always gets me hooked, despite the fact that I'm terrible at them.

Not sure how far into the game I am, I think I'm somewhere in the 40's. I know I'm currently trying to catch Lapras. Also, quickly realized that I have absolute terrible luck with catching Pokemon, just terrible luck.

I'm enjoying this game a little too much.

And this week, the Daily Pokemon are the Daily Pokemon #1 set. The Rotom forms. YAY!

Caught Yveltal today. Took me several tries to catch him, and I usually used a Mega Start with M-Blastoise just to blast the clouds away, since I don't have a Mega super-effective against Dark (as the Lucarionite Competitive Stage started when I first played, and I didn't even TRY it as a beginner).

Still need Mewtwo at this time.

And this week, the Daily Pokemon are the Daily Pokemon #1 set. The Rotom forms. YAY!

Caught Yveltal today. Took me several tries to catch him, and I usually used a Mega Start with M-Blastoise just to blast the clouds away, since I don't have a Mega super-effective against Dark (as the Lucarionite Competitive Stage started when I first played, and I didn't even TRY it as a beginner).

Still need Mewtwo at this time.

Really happy to see that they're going to revisit old Daily Pokemon.

Nice. I'm not very good at the time modes in the EX stages so Yveltal and Xerneas are giving me problems. I can normally come close without help, but can't quite close it out. I did beat Xerneas with a Mega Start but had a garbage time so failed to catch. Decided it was better to just use Mega Start + Disruption Delay to beat Mewtwo Y. Only just did so will need to revisit to get an S. For the time being though I'll just focus on increasing my money count.

I failed to catch Rotom-F with 71% twice. Why, just why?

I failed at 71% once. Got it the second time.

There's a trick I've been using/exploiting recently with timed stages.

But I'm also glad they're revisiting things that cycle out. That gives me hope that Lucarionite will be available again in the future. Because the M-Blastoise stage, by the end of its week-long run had over 200K scores recorded, and only 20K of them get the Blastoisite. That's...a significant number of players who didn't get one (I did, but still).

• 2 weeks later...

So, the game recently put out bunch of new levels, and I have to say I find a a few of them simply obnoxious. Quilladin, Braixen, and especially Steelix are just miserable. Like I've beaten all of them at this point, but I'm trying to catch Steelix now and between the Onix randomly getting added, the random nature of Steelix's attack, and the random nature of the metal blocks getting destroyed it sucks. I'm certain Mega Lucario would make the stage a joke too, but I don't have it.

So, the game recently put out bunch of new levels, and I have to say I find a a few of them simply obnoxious. Quilladin, Braixen, and especially Steelix are just miserable. Like I've beaten all of them at this point, but I'm trying to catch Steelix now and between the Onix randomly getting added, the random nature of Steelix's attack, and the random nature of the metal blocks getting destroyed it sucks. I'm certain Mega Lucario would make the stage a joke too, but I don't have it.

Likewise. M-Lucario would make a lot of things easier. I did manage to get Banetite, but still hoping M-Lucario gets cycled back in soon.

It's Regirock that bugs me more. I can probably power through Steelix if I really wanted to get past it, but since it's the last of the new stages, I'm not too bothered by it. Regirock is really annoying. I can beat it using Mega Start and Attack + (5000 coins total), but then my best catch rate was like 22%, and I didn't have enough left for a Great Ball.

Likewise. M-Lucario would make a lot of things easier. I did manage to get Banetite, but still hoping M-Lucario gets cycled back in soon.

It's Regirock that bugs me more. I can probably power through Steelix if I really wanted to get past it, but since it's the last of the new stages, I'm not too bothered by it. Regirock is really annoying. I can beat it using Mega Start and Attack + (5000 coins total), but then my best catch rate was like 22%, and I didn't have enough left for a Great Ball.

I was also having problems with Regirock. Once again, Mega Lucario would make it much easier since imo he has one of the best Mega Abilities. I really want him to come back, but at least with the Rotom forms it seems like he will at some point.

Curious, what is Mega Banette's ability? One of the really annoying things about Steelix is your also limited to 3 Megas, and Gengar is really bad on the stages imo.

I literally just got Regirock after god knows how many tries and I can safely say that there is the only team that really stands up to him is M-Lucario with Milotic/Kyogre/Groudon supports. I tried using Sceptile due to his ability being able to hamper down Regirock more, but it just didn't work. Also M-Start isn't really all that necessary I would say if you have Milotic, but Attack Power is because for some reason they decided to give Regirock waaaaay too much HP.

Hoping that they cycle Banetite back in soon. I missed it due to having exams and I really would like it.

I was also having problems with Regirock. Once again, Mega Lucario would make it much easier since imo he has one of the best Mega Abilities. I really want him to come back, but at least with the Rotom forms it seems like he will at some point.

Curious, what is Mega Banette's ability? One of the really annoying things about Steelix is your also limited to 3 Megas, and Gengar is really bad on the stages imo.

M-Banette removes up to 10 Pokemon from the board with the same Type (Ghost) as it (so same as M-Mewtwo Y, just a different type). This seems to exclude other copies of itself. It's not really that good, but I'm glad I have it simply because of how exclusive it is.

Archived