Uggla6 Released Set - Week 1

Uggla6

Hello all,

It might appear that I'm a newbie and that's because I rarely use this site even though I acknowledge it as a great site for Yu-Gi-Oh creativity.  That being said, I'm proud to say that Yu-Gi-Oh has been a large part of my life in the last several years whether that's been investing, trading, playing both competitively and casually, and finally creating the cards I believe Konami should release someday (heck, I might continue to play).  Every card I create is a card that in my head should be printed and would be a viable card in the game.  Some cards are better than others and even some people may argue that some of the cards are too powerful, (although I feel that nothing I create could surpass the current meta or where it'll be in 6 months) but all of them have come from the deepest part of my creative.  All of my ideas are original; however, the artwork is from some of the amazing artists that exist on the internet.  The reason that I'm finally releasing all these sets I've created over the years is because I'm taking a break from the game.  I couldn't bring myself to say leaving the game, because I don't think that anything will get me over my nostalgic feeling towards the game and selling certain decks that I hold dearest.  However, due to the loss of enjoyment from the game, the last few and upcoming poor formats, as well as the tiredness from keeping ahead of Konami's economic scheme I'm going to be settling down.  Even the original creators have moved onto a new game and company and so I thought that was telling me to do the same (the game is Cardfight Vanguard and anyone who is interested in learning or anything else, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help).  Anyway, in lieu of this break I'm going to posting a single set/archetype that I have created over the years that I deem acceptable to go to the printing table each week until I've posted all my cards.  Before posting I'm going to check for grammar errors and try my best to convert some of my older cards with problem solving text.  For those of you here I hope that these cards can give enjoyment to continue on with the game, or at least be the inspiration of some of your own fantastic creations.  Enjoy!

So here it goes the first of my multiple sets to publish.  When deciding what set I wanted to post, I had a hard choice to make.  Initially I wanted to post the first set I ever created; however, that set is very large I have not yet quite fixing all the errors in the set so in the mean time I figured that I would just post one on my personal favorites.  It's my second favorite and probably the deck I would use if it were to be released.  They are a 16 card set called the Varachnads.

Varachnads - This is a set the revolves around level 4 insect monsters that are based on various species of spiders.  The boss monster is a unique Number Xyz monster, but nevertheless the deck has so many different directions is can go.  Overall this deck has an out to almost anything and a pretty good search engine to get to those outs.  In terms of power this deck would probably be in Tier 2 or 1.5 right now.

[spoiler=Main Monsters]

267520.jpg

[b]Varachnad Larvae 100/100-

"You can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Varachnad" monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck, in face-up Attack Position."[/b]

This is the tuner and search.  Allows for versatility in the deck.

267523.jpg

[b]Jumping Varachnad 500/0-

"When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Jumping Varachnad" from your hand or Deck. Once per turn you can increase this card’s Level by 2, until the End Phase. This card cannot be used as a Xyz Material, except for the Xyz Summon of a "Varachnad" monster."

[/b]

A great card to run at 2 that allows for deck thinning and 2 level 4 or 2 monsters on the field for a quick Xyz summon.

267526.jpg

[b]Spitting Varachnad 600/1800-

"This card can attack your opponent directly, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is the original ATK of this card. During the End Phase: You can change this card to Defense Position."

[/b]

One of the main cards, but it lacks power.  Small pokes over and over again add up in this grinding deck.

267530.jpg

[b]Burrowing Varachnad 2200/2000-

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by Tributing a face-up "Spitting Varachnad" you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be targeted by, and is unaffected by, Spell/Trap effects and other Effect Monsters' effects. This card cannot attack your opponent directly."

[/b]

One of the best cards in the deck, it allows one to play fearless of monster removal and slows the game down in your favor.

267535.jpg

[b]Poisonous Varachnad 200/300-

"As long as this card is face-up on the field, all monsters lose 1000 ATK, except for "Varachnad" monsters. Destroy a monster if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect."

[/b]

While it's stats are weak, if you can protect this card it can small immediate trouble for your opponent.

267542.jpg

[b]Bird-Eater Varachnad 2950/2000-

"You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Varachnad" monster. Once per turn you can reduce this card’s Level by 4, until the End Phase."

[/b]

This is the deck's big beater and it can have level manipulation.  Low cost to summon as well, plus it come with some combos.

277587.jpg

[b]Long-Legged Varachnad 1500/0-

"Cannot be Set. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by revealing a "Varachnad" monster from your hand, except "Long-Legged Varachnad". If you Special Summon this card by its own effect and your opponent controls no monsters: Pay 2000 Life Points. During the End Phase this card was Summoned: Destroy it."

[/b]

The last main deck monster of the set, it allows for a quick addition special summon for your finishing plays. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Traps]

267583.jpg

[b]Varachnad Web -

"Varachnad" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. During your Standby Phase, reveal 1 "Varachnad" Monster Card in your hand or send this card to the Graveyard. If you control no face-up "Varachnad" monsters, send this card to the Graveyard."

[/b]

This is a control deck and this card helps you keep field presence (don't worry it doesn't combo with Burrowing Varachnad).

267580.jpg

[b]Quick Burrow -

"Activate only when your opponent declares an attack against a face-up "Varachnad" monster you control. Negate the attack and skip to the End Phase."

[/b]

An archetype specific threatening roar that skips your opponent's main phase 2 and is harder to chain to since it's a counter.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

267574.jpg

[b]Varachnad Eggs -

"Once per turn you can banish 2 "Varachnad" monsters from your Graveyard to add 1 "Varachnad" monster from your Deck to your hand. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can target 2 "Varachnad" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle those cards into the Deck: Add 1 Spell or Trap card from your Deck to your hand."

[/b]

Probably the best card in the deck as it allows for plenty of plusing.  It does require setup and restriction to keep is archetype specific, but this would be the card that makes this deck run smoothly.

267589.jpg

[b]Sticky String -

"Target 1 face-up Effect Monster on the field and equip this card to it; as long as this card is equipped to it, that target's effects are negated, also that target cannot attack. Before damage calculation if the equipped monster battles a "Varachnad" monster: Destroy the equipped monster."

[/b]

It's great for getting over locks and also removing problem monsters, but it's slow and I could see many deck variants drop this card.

267576.jpg

[b]Leaching Poison -

"Each time a "Varachnad" monster you control inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent this turn: You can destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field and if you do then your opponent must discard 1 random card."

[/b]

This card is great for creating card advantage; however, it can be dead against certain decks.  Most likely a stable side card.

267597.jpg

[b]Creep Colony -

"When a "Varachnad" monster you control is destroyed: Destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field. Once per turn you can select 1 banished "Varachnad" monster, and return it to its owners' Graveyard."

[/b]

A field spell that makes minuses, even.  As simple as that and in a game like this, that it vital.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Extra Monsters]

267549.jpg

[b]Water Varachnad 1900/0-

"1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Insect-Type monsters

This card can attack your opponent directly. Your opponent cannot select another Insect-Type monster you control as an attack target."

[/b]

Even when I created this card it was just okay and now it probably isn't very viable, but can be fun to finish games with.

267544.jpg

[b]Web Varachnad 1500/2000-

"2 Level 2 EARTH monsters

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a face-up "Varachnad" monster you control: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card."

[/b]

A card that this deck can only make with Jumping Varachnad it provides much needed protection for the turn before your finishing play.

267557.jpg

[b]Number 89: King of Varachnads 3750/3150-

"3 Level 4 Insect-Type monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has 1 or more Xyz Materials: It cannot declare an attack. When a card or effect is activated that targets a face-up card on the field, while this card has no Xyz Materials, negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card."

[/b]

A costly boss monster that can't do much early on; however, bring it back from the Grave later and it can be devastating.

[/spoiler]

Hope you like the cards, please post any comments you may have.

Also I thought I would add this too.  One of the things I like to do with my archetypes is create a deck that would reflect a competitive build to be used.  Just as a little base line of how the deck runs (Leaching Poison and Varachnad Web are tech choices, but most likely would be side deck cards or not ran at all, but I wanted to use the whole set).  Also note that I create this deck after I finish making the cards and it's an attempt to be consistent across many formats (for example I don't tech Anti-Spell Fragrance just because it's good this format).  So that being said for my Varachnads, the build would look something like this :

Monsters (19):
3 - Varachnad Larvae
2 - Jumping Varachnad
3 - Spitting Varachand
2 - Burrowing Varachnad
3 - Poisonous Varachnad
3 - Long-Legged Varachnad
3 - Bird-Eater Varachnad

Spells (11):
2 - Creepy Colony
2 - Sticky String
1 - Leaching Poison
3 - Varachnad Eggs
2 - Mystical Space Typhoon
1 - Raigeki*

Traps (10):
3 - Quick Burrow
1 - Varachnad Web
3 - Fiendish Chain*
2 - Call of the Haunted*
1 - Torrential Tribute*

Extra (15)
1 of each archetype specific cards and then 12 generic Rank 4s of choice.  Maybe run a Felgrand for 2 Bird-Eaters.

*Actual cards printed.

Archived