Insert Fantasy Name Here [OOC/PG-13/Started/Accepting]

Well I don't want to say no to a Hydeigon...yeah that should work fine. ^^ Welcome aboard!

By the way did Street Sharks contribute to making this guy? Cause I totally think of Street Sharks.

We have....if all the WIPs finish and are accepted, 11 characters. Wow. Maybe I should make sure people come to me before making a second character from here on out.

...I need to get around to making some sort of database.....

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks so fun, i'll start with my app!

[spoiler="Chinaberry Girl"]

"My mom just got kidnapped, i gotta s... Wow the sun's beautiful today!"

Name: Cedar Lilac

Race: Woodling

Class: Witch

[spoiler="Appearance"]Photo_Gallery_Cedar2_tcm571-178273.png

She's quite short, standing at only 1.5 metres, but since she's made of wood, she's super heavy weighing 80kg. She likes to wear very frilly and light clothing, so she can help her slow mobility. She, as a woodling is made entirely of wood, but still has human-like brain and heart. Being half plant, she maintains many plant features, growing twigs out of her hair which need to be frequently cut. She also always carry around her witchcraft set and wand into her little purse. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Personality"]  She can be easily mistaken as a damsel in distress but she knows what she's doing, and she can make you look like the princess to be saved compared to her. She also has the hobby of making bad puns and jokes, even knowing no one will laugh. She might be a bit absent-minded, forgetting what she's doing at least half the times. She's also a very brave person, and often gets herself into danger on accident. But she tends to miraculously find a way out of it without even thinking about it. A lot of people tease her for her tree-like abilities (welp, she half is) and she gets very angry when they do so. Even though she's half human, she keeps many plant traits, like the hate of fire, the love of sunlight and animals, which are her main distractions. Being a plant, her favourite food is water. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Biography"] Cedar remembers her life since she was a little sapling, she grew up in an enchanted forest, of pure white trees. She, though, was the only dark wood tree in the forest. Because of this, many other trees stayed away from her. One day though a witch saw the magical potential in her, so she brought Cedar with her into her cottage and started carving it out, making a girl out of that tree. With the remains of the tree she fueled a ritual to bring Cedar to life. When she was born, Cedar had an extreme attraction to fire. No idea why, her creator thought it was ironic, but to keep her "daughter" safe she enchanted her to protect her from fire. However after witnessing a forest fire she grew to hate it. The witch always loved Cedar and treated her like a real daughter. Cedar while growing up liked fire, but one day, when she saw the forest she was planted in burning she got extremely scared of it. Cedar's mom, being a respectable witch, and one of the most important in her coven, taught Cedar all the necessary to become an expert witch, so Cedar created her own powerful coven of woodling witches. Everything was fine, 'til one day, her mom got kidnapped by a generic evil mage (a pretty ugly one) and Cedar's going on a quest to defeat the ugly mage and bring her mom back! [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Skills/Abilities"]

• Immune to fire: when she was little her mom enchanted her with eternal fire protection, so she could never be burnt.
  • Witchery: She can perform circle rites, enchanting items and bending nature, she also with the use of her kettle can brew various potions which can help her or her allies.
  • Speaking with nature: As a woodling, she can speak and understand trees and plant life clearly, as they're speaking her same language.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Items of note"]

• Her trusty witchcraft set: A classic set of stuff for witchcraft, just shrunk down to be carried, a touch of her wand to return it to original size and to shrink it down again!
  • Yggdrasil, the wand: Her pretty wand, made out of pure silverwood and carved with many intricate designs, necessary to cast spells and perform her circle rites.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="More About Woodlings"] Woodlings are people made of wood, they were born as trees and then brought to life by a witch or a mage. They're fragile to fire, and can talk to plants. Woodlings usually are made to be slaves or as sons/daughters of the witch/mage. There can be a Woodling out of any wood, but the most common ones are made of Rowan wood or Silverwood. They have a natural excellence in magic, since they were infused with it to be born. [/spoiler]

WIP FTW

[spoiler=Clayten Shade]

Race: Riddlerider

Class: Breakstone Knight 

[spoiler=Appearance]

http://fav.me/d32qotd

Clayten is what you could call fairly large, standing at 9' 11'' and weighs some 126 stone. It has a large amount of muscle, probably an 8 pack. It considers a knightly attire of full armor and a cape. If he unleashes his malevolent warlock self, however, his body will lose it's strong and heavy build and transform into a powerful but incredibly retarded embodiment of magic weighing at 7 stone and having the measly length of 4' 1''.

[/spoiler]

Personality 

Bio

[spoiler=Abilities]

Locked Thunder: When attacking, Clayten can sometimes release a frequency with the ability to cause extra damage. 

Riddled Aegis: Protects itself by chanting riddles with the ability to erase the thought of violence for a single second. Every Riddlerider has an ability oriented around riddles that affect one's psyche. However, only magical beings can be affected.

Sword-fighting: Clayten is incredibly skilled at sword-fighting, which points to the reason why it had the chance to have lived so long.

Breakstone Fall: Clayten consumes magical energy to fuel his stamina.

Breakstone Tide: By warping the entirety of his magical ability to restructure it's body, Clayten transforms into a fully-fledged squishy wizard or warlock. The warlock can cast corrupted magic and is able to kill magical people more easily, as well as having more volatile power. Before it was knighted, Clayten once relied on his ability to cast corrupted magic, and became a well-known warmonger and force of evil among the mages.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I don't think I've ever seen you in these parts, neat! I'll look over the character more later; but for now. "or is he" I am gonna have to know if he's human or not. ^^; Even if no one else actually knows.

Yeah it's my first RP.  Thought i'd give it a shot

You can just consider him a human.  I just included that for a plot device relating to his past depending on how far this actually goes.  Honestly it's pretty convoluted so I didn't include it cuz I would probably never use it anyway.

It had ties to his uncanny mastery of Dark Arts and him maybe being a reanimation or demon.  It was pretty stupid in hindsight,

Okay so if all the WIP apps finish and are accepted, that would make 13 characters.

I think 12-15 is MOST LIKELY going to be the maximum. Cause otherwise...yeah that's a bit crowded I think. I'll still allow two characters per person however you MUST talk it over with me first. UE is fine cause he did this before I realized how many apps I'd be getting.

Now onto the second VERY IMPORTANT thing. I noticed that the recent...about 3rd of the apps or so, maybe half, tend to be some form of swordsman type. Now that's not necessarily bad however I would like to have variety. I think the characters so far are mostly different enough. I'll go over them more thoroughly at a later time.

There is also more humans than I expected....

Keep in mind you can be any race you want for the most part. As long as they meet the rules in the OP regarding races.

Also remember this is going to be half action half silliness. There will be fighting and battles. However there will also be silly events such as cleaning the grumpy old man's mansion that hasn't been cleaned in years (off the top of my head).

This is all basically me saying. I don't want too many of the same type of characters in this. Look at the other apps, figure out what can make your character different from them.

I want to be able to accept everyone but it all depends on you. PM me to talk about your character if you need to; I'll try and help.

Cosmo. I like it so far; however the issue I have is mostly that the app looks kinda confusing and messy. I could help you word it better if you'd like.

Rooster. I know it's a WIP so imma let you finish. But the height is too much. The maximum height is 10 feet; and even that's a bit worrisome.

[spoiler=Tenshi]

[divider1]
reOgPbr.png
"Don't even think about touching me."
[divider1]

Character Name: Tenshi (real name Nega-Kaieopjiosis. Figure out for yourself why she abandoned that name)
Race: Celestial/Divine Being (info coming soon~)
Class: Mage, Oracle, Troll, Tsundere.
[spoiler=Appearance]
28witFu.png
Tenshi appears as a young woman, around 5'4" in height with her Regalia taken off. Fitting the description of Celestials as beings of otherworldly beauty and grace, she is noted to be very pretty for a human female, with lush blonde hair and sharp,heterochromic eyes. Fitting the duality theme of her stolen regalia, Tenshi's right and left eyes are orange and blue respectively.
[/spoiler]
Personality: 
Biography:
Skills/Powers:
Items/Weapons:
Misc:

[/spoiler]

Alright then, more news on acceptance.

Neph...er, Re-Class *rolls eyes* You're accepted BUT! Looking over the app again and the invulnerability (specifically being able to reform like that from such fatal wounds) is a bit much without some major drawback. Even though we're a silly and free RP I'd like to avoid anything too much. But fix that up and you're in.

Progenitor. Your character seems...well kinda edgy. However that in of itself isn't all that bad; if you can play it well enough. Try to keep that in mind while we go about all this.

Other than that. Your powers/abilities. It's kinda all over the place. He's got a LOT of abilities. I'd say cut down a little bit on those would be good. All in all your character has 7 separate abilities. Which is a bit much. 3-5 is more ideal in my opinion. Though if you need to keep them; would have to weaken them more.

However after you do that; most likely you'll be in.

Also, Gustav, getting closer to complete app. ^^ Tell me if you need some help.

Noting interest, but probably gonna hold off with making an app until the IC thread is made (if that's alright)

That is okay but keep in mind that if I get too many people I won't accept more. Because dealing with too many characters could be a problem.

15 is my max max so should be fine but we'll see.

That being said. Neph/Re-Class. I shall now be accepting your character.

Just keep in mind most likely if something causes Luci's heart/brain to be destroyed it will be under circumstances that she won't have the time needed to regenerate.

Oh and Flawless/Cosmo. Most likely you're in but imma have to look over it again later just to be sure.

Okay upon review, FlawlessGeek's app is accepted.

That makes 8 characters so far. Could honestly start pretty soon. Some WIPs still hanging around. This includes....

Gustav's almost complete character

Aix's character

Yosuke's character

Pogenitor's almost complete character. (see above comments to see what needs to be fixed first)

Rooster's character

Toyo's character

I'll send out a PM to check on their status or such; and work from there.

I'd rather not have guns, Hydreigon. Fantasy setting and whatnot; guns are a no no.

though there may or may not be things like televisions as a throwaway gag.

Alright, as per your comment I have cut Destruction magic entirely, and removed Shadow Bolt from his repertoire of Soulmancy.

I honestly want him to be as close range as possible, so they were counterintuitive anyway.

Do you think his current powers need more balancing?

On the topic of his personality, I actually tried to make him less edgy than you might expect.  Yeah he has the typical "amnesia background," put personality wise he's not supposed to be like that really.  He's supposed to be the kind of guy you'd share a drink with after a hard days work, aka a good and loyal friend (ug that sounds so cheesy now that I write it out.)

It looks good, Progenitor, added. :D

And yeah I know; just first impressions and all that.

Hmm we now have....9 characters and 3 humans. Not as bad as I thought. Lotta variety still.

4 males, 5 females. Hmm, I should've expected the mostly male wasn't gonna last long. XD

I'm actually going to have to withdraw for now. Too much going on irl so I gotta focus on rp's I'm already a part of or signed up for

Aww, alright; no "Owain" for this RP then. Well thanks for letting me know. ^^

You can come back later on I'm sure.

I'm gonna send a PM to all the WIPs so far and see what's up, but possible we'll start soon. Already have the OP finished.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I've been re-watching one piece. As per you're request I've added some more to his personality, if you need more though, I'm going to need help.

Hmmm....he seems a bit similar to my own character. Buuuut, I think it should be okay to accept now.

If you need any help with posts (since you're new and such) just ask. And look through some other RPs and posts to get some idea. ^^

Archived