Insert Fantasy Name Here [OOC/PG-13/Started/Accepting]

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So yeah when I said I was pulling the harpy out of this...here's her replacement.

[spoiler=Yun, the Questing Monk]

nZ8epyp.png

Character Name: Yun Xuhai (formerly Yun Lai Chu)

Race: Human

Class: Monk

[spoiler=Appearance]hIJKol5.jpg
Height: 6'4"
Weight: ~210 lbs[/spoiler]

Personality: As a Zoaying monk, Yun first and foremost will always act in accordance with the Four Principles of her homeland; the Zaoying Empire.  This means she will never purposefully wrong another (and will be utterly wracked with guilt if she discovers she did so on accident), helps others before herself, leads a humble lifestyle, and never makes rash decisions.  Yun herself is a kind soul, if not a bit rough around the edges.  While she doesn't hesitate to let the fists fly, she never lets them fly for an unjust or selfish purpose.  While it's frowned upon by other monks (but not unallowed), Yun is also rather fond of alcohol.

Yun has yet to turn down a pint (or a keg) if offered, and the traits that are less becoming of a Zaoying monk tend to show more when Yun gets drunk.  Her judgment can become hazy, she can unexpectedly become violent, and she generally behaves in a manner that sober Yun would be incomparably ashamed of, all without noticing.  She claims to enjoy the drink because it makes life more fun; having fun is very important to her after being cooped up with a bunch of bald super-disciplined grandpas for twelve years straight.  Drinking can amplify this fun-loving nature of hers too.  As much as alcohol can bring out the worst of Yun, it's just as capable of making the best of her even better.

She's very susceptible to being praised, too.  Not that she'd ever tell anyone.  Yun also has a phobia for any body of water that reaches above her knees; she wouldn't tell anyone that either.

[spoiler=Bio]Yun's is a bit of a success story.  Her story begins in one of the northernmost towns in the Zoaying Empire far to the south, as the youngest of seven children in an impoverished family funded by the father's mining job, whose financial situation only got worse with her birth.  Eight years of just barely scraping by later, a small earthquake in town caused the mine to collapse, killing everyone in it.  Yun never saw her father again.  From there, the Lai Chu family crumbled.

Yun reacted far differently from her siblings.  While most broke down and/or ran away, Yun became emotionally sturdy and physically unyielding.  Becoming the new rock of the family, Yun was ready to do whatever it took to repair the family situation.  Which was why, purely on rumor alone, Yun one day packed her things and left home to climb the mountains of Zaoying's borders.  The rumor she'd heard was that the Xuhai Monastery, on a mountain near her village, had room for one more monk.  And it was no secret that the families of monks - while having their ties cut - were taken care of by the imperial government.

It was three days later that Yun - twelve years old by the time she left home - found the monastery.  The rumors were true; there was room for exactly one more monk.  And it seemed she wasn't the only one interested in the position; there were roughly fifty other people aiming for it, some of whom had trained for this their entire life.  Not passing the tests set out for trainees meant very probable death; the head grandmaster had warned Yun of that before she readily said she was willing to stare death right in the face if she had to.

The selection process was long and painful.  From enduring a week of the mountaintop's freezing climate in the wild, to stealing a harpy egg, and even battles to the death against other trainees, Yun almost died more times than she could count in the four months that passed.  However, eventually, she was the only candidate left.  Not only was she declared a monk, but Yun has set the record for being the youngest person to ever do so.  On that day, Yun swore off her family name with a smile on her face, knowing the others with that name would be taken care of.  For the twelve years that followed, Yun lived with the monks of the Xuhai Monastery, training and disciplining her body and mind to best hold up the sacred Four Principles.

That changed about a month ago when she approached the grandmaster about a recurring dream she'd been having.  A dream that indicated that somewhere beyond Zoaying's borders, something was going to happen.  With the grandmaster's blessing, Yun descended from the mountaintop for the first time in over a decade.  She wasn't sure where she was going, but she knew that someday she'd get there.[/spoiler]

Skills/Powers: As a monk, Yun is well-trained in several fields.  Most notably, the ways of the fist and the staff, as well as medicine.  Their strength, agility, and endurance is not to be underestimated.  However, monks are not well-versed in fighting anything they can't reach with a fist or staff, putting them at a severe disadvantage at a range.

Items/Weapons: Yun's only weapon (and almost her only consistent possession besides her clothes) is a large metal staff roughly the same size she is.  

Misc:

• Yun's been living on an icy mountaintop for twelve years, and as such her body has become acclimated to colder climates.  Hot temperatures are not something she'll cope well with.
  • Other than her clothes, Yun has only two possessions.  A large iron staff about as big as she is, and a brown burlap bag worn over her shoulders to store supplies.
  • Has expressed huge amounts of interest in learning the cultures of other places she visits.
  • Wants to reward herself whenever she succeeds in her quest by returning to Zoaying and visiting her family.  This goal keeps her highly motivated.
  • Theme song

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Zoaying Empire]The Zoaying Empire is an empire more or less in name only these days, and rests in a large grassy valley surrounded by mountains.  Formerly a savage land bordering on complete anarchy and collapse, Zoaying's people and lands were whipped back into shape during a massive revolution led by who afterwards became Emperor Chuluun several centuries ago.  The Empire has since become very self-sufficient and has had no further need for any land beyond its borders, which are marked by towering rough mountains.

A large part of Zoaying's empire-saving reform at Chuluun's hands was the reinstatement of the empire's sacred Four Principles.  "Act never to wrong another", "Aid the masses, before the self", "Want not that which is not needed", and "Act only upon clear thought".  After the reform, several monasteries were built among the mountaintops of Zoaying's borders, where the monks train and practice to follow these Principles as best they can.  The monks act as both religious leaders and Zoaying's first line of defense against potential invaders, so naturally their selection process leaves only the cream of the crop as candidates.  There is no greater honor to the people of Zoaying than being given the traditional garb of a monk.

Until recently, Zoaying has kept to itself, healing its scars of war and simmering old hatreds with neighbors from its more savage days.  In the last couple of years, however, a scattered few monks have left their mountaintop homes to help others better themselves in the same ways the monks themselves have.[/spoiler]

I approve this shit. I'll miss the cute harpy but this'll work too. Accepted and stuff.

Also I'm gonna be working on a database type thing. For

NPCs

Enemies

Races

Locations

And I think that's all?

Maybe a "Quest prompt" log too.

so are we letting this rp die?

There was a post just two days ago. There's been times where there hasn't been a post for a week. Patience is key, this is meant to be a relaxed RP. That's kinda the whole point. ^^; There's a couple reasons I could see posts like this in this RP.

1.) Been quite a long time, such as 5 days perhaps.

2.) You have someone specific you need to post or something specific you need to happen.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but I find it strange you're asking so soon and I don't want to put pressure on anyone for this.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote: “The Scythe of Time…..or My Blade At Your Neck……Ultimately The Choice Is Yours…..”

Character Name: Draven ”Scythe” Sorel

Race: Shedani (Actually Human, but will explain)

Class: Monk/Ninja

[spoiler=Appearance]Scythe Like All Shedani, Scythe bears tribal animal tattoos embedded in his skin that he was born with. These tattoos fade when not in battle or called on and give him extra abilities in addition to his powers. Each tattoo is different, as well as the effects they grant. He has a medium build, icy blue eyes. He stands 5'9" and weighs 193 Lbs

[spoiler=Personality]Scythe has a very nasty tendency to be blunt and cold. He has come to value logic over emotional attachment. Where others are quick to act, Scythe would rather take time to formulate a plan of attack and the possible outcomes. He also has a sense of virtue and will go out of his way to defend those in need of defense. Even though he is a hard man, he has a very small soft spot, mostly if it comes to his little sister Mina. He is also a very secretive man when it comes to his travels and who he really is, or what powers he possesses. This is mostly due to his Ninjustu training. He seldom gets attached to people other than his "Brother" Ryu, who is his polar opposite, and their teacher Horus. He is loyal to a fault to these two and will do anything to protect them.

[spoiler=Biography]Born Draven Sorel, one of two children, Scythe was an anomaly among his Ninja clan. Each Shedani is born with a tribal tattoo of a token animal guide. Draven, however, was born with four, A Hawk, Lion, Dragon, and Wolf. To this date he is the only Shedani with four spirit guides. At the age of 14, his parents died defending him and his sister Mina. After that day, he vowed to never let his family be taken from him again. As luck would happen, a traveling teacher, Horus, arrived at the village, seeking Draven out by name. Training became his life and obsession, vowing to protect all he held dear. Sadly, he would not succeed. On the day of his 20th birthday, bandits raided the village, slaughtering everyone they came across. While Scythe, Ryu, Horus, and their shield sister Suzuka fought valiantly, soon Scythe came face to face with the bandit lord, Skarr. After a lengthy battle, Scythe was overcome and watched helplessly as Skarr walked off with his little sister. Its been six years now, and not a day goes by that Scythe hasnt looked for Mina, hoping one day to find the family he lost.

Skills/Powers: Cyromancy - Manipulation of water and air to make Ice.

Tattoos: Each tattoo has its own unique ability.

Hawk: Binocular vision as well as mildly enhanced reflexes. (Appears on his face. Around his eyes)

Dragon: Enhanced stamina and speed. (On his left arm)

Lion: Increased power to all physical aspects. (On his right arm)

Wolf: Improved agility. (Over his heart)

Stealth - Pretty self explanitory

Items/Weapons: Scythe carries a Katana and a smaller Ninja-to on him. He also carries 2 pouches of Kunai and a flask of pure water.

Misc: (Really cant think of what to put here lol)

Been a while since I made a character bio on here, hope it is ok.

Quote: “The Scythe of Time…..or My Blade At Your Neck……Ultimately The Choice Is Yours…..”

Character Name: Draven ”Scythe” Sorel
Race: Shedani (Actually Human, but will explain)
Class: Monk/Ninja
[spoiler=Appearance]Scythe Like All Shedani, Scythe bears tribal animal tattoos embedded in his skin that he was born with. These tattoos fade when not in battle or called on and give him extra abilities in addition to his powers. Each tattoo is different, as well as the effects they grant. He has a medium build, icy blue eyes. He stands 5'9" and weighs 193 Lbs

[spoiler=Personality]Scythe has a very nasty tendency to be blunt and cold. He has come to value logic over emotional attachment. Where others are quick to act, Scythe would rather take time to formulate a plan of attack and the possible outcomes. He also has a sense of virtue and will go out of his way to defend those in need of defense. Even though he is a hard man, he has a very small soft spot, mostly if it comes to his little sister Mina. He is also a very secretive man when it comes to his travels and who he really is, or what powers he possesses. This is mostly due to his Ninjustu training. He seldom gets attached to people other than his "Brother" Ryu, who is his polar opposite, and their teacher Horus. He is loyal to a fault to these two and will do anything to protect them.

[spoiler=Biography]Born Draven Sorel, one of two children, Scythe was an anomaly among his Ninja clan. Each Shedani is born with a tribal tattoo of a token animal guide. Draven, however, was born with four, A Hawk, Lion, Dragon, and Wolf. To this date he is the only Shedani with four spirit guides. At the age of 14, his parents died defending him and his sister Mina. After that day, he vowed to never let his family be taken from him again. As luck would happen, a traveling teacher, Horus, arrived at the village, seeking Draven out by name. Training became his life and obsession, vowing to protect all he held dear. Sadly, he would not succeed. On the day of his 20th birthday, bandits raided the village, slaughtering everyone they came across. While Scythe, Ryu, Horus, and their shield sister Suzuka fought valiantly, soon Scythe came face to face with the bandit lord, Skarr. After a lengthy battle, Scythe was overcome and watched helplessly as Skarr walked off with his little sister. Its been six years now, and not a day goes by that Scythe hasnt looked for Mina, hoping one day to find the family he lost.

Skills/Powers: Cyromancy - Manipulation of water and air to make Ice.
Tattoos: Each tattoo has its own unique ability.
   Hawk: Binocular vision as well as mildly enhanced reflexes. (Appears on his face. Around his eyes)
   Dragon: Enhanced stamina and speed. (On his left arm)
   Lion: Increased power to all physical aspects. (On his right arm)
   Wolf: Improved agility. (Over his heart)
Stealth - Pretty self explanitory

Items/Weapons: Scythe carries a Katana and a smaller Ninja-to on him. He also carries 2 pouches of Kunai and a flask of pure water.

Misc: (Really cant think of what to put here lol)

Been a while since I made a character bio on here, hope it is ok.

You made me think his race was "Shedinja" QQ

>Has never heard your name

>Checks profile

Did I bring you back from the dead to post in here? :o

Anyway, to be serious now.

Appearance and personality and Bio are fine, gonna be interesting having a cold serious dude in...this thing. Keep in mind it's mostly silly, you can have serious moments of course but crazy stuff is gonna go down all the time.

Maybe a little bit more in the personality spot, just a smidgen.

Powers look fine. Just curious, all all the tattoos active at once? It wouldn't be too bad as basically it's "enhanced physical abilities" but just curious.

And to what extent are his ice powers?

Looks good though, most likely will get accepted soon. And don't worry, this RP is fairly lenient on app stuff. ^^;

You made me think his race was "Shedinja" QQ

>Has never heard your name

>Checks profile

Did I bring you back from the dead to post in here? :o

Anyway, to be serious now.

Appearance and personality and Bio are fine, gonna be interesting having a cold serious dude in...this thing. Keep in mind it's mostly silly, you can have serious moments of course but crazy stuff is gonna go down all the time.

Maybe a little bit more in the personality spot, just a smidgen.

Powers look fine. Just curious, all all the tattoos active at once? It wouldn't be too bad as basically it's "enhanced physical abilities" but just curious.

And to what extent are his ice powers?

Looks good though, most likely will get accepted soon. And don't worry, this RP is fairly lenient on app stuff. ^^;

1. If I could think of some more to put in his personality I would lol

2. This is a blot in the life of this character. He is actually my oldest Rp character and I always look for thing to put in his past.

3. Yes you did bring me back from the dead lol

4. Tattoos can be activated one at a time, or in combat all can be activated at once.

5. Ice powers range from chilling the air, to turning his whole body into an icy mist to confuse enemies.

6. I look forward to this tbh, I havent been in the rp game in months, and since my DnD romp has come to an end for a while, I need something to fill that void....Im lonely lol

1. If I could think of some more to put in his personality I would lol

2. This is a blot in the life of this character. He is actually my oldest Rp character and I always look for thing to put in his past.

3. Yes you did bring me back from the dead lol

4. Tattoos can be activated one at a time, or in combat all can be activated at once.

5. Ice powers range from chilling the air, to turning his whole body into an icy mist to confuse enemies.

6. I look forward to this tbh, I havent been in the rp game in months, and since my DnD romp has come to an end for a while, I need something to fill that void....Im lonely lol

1. Heh, yeah that's fine, it SHOULD be fine as is.

2. Hmm, oh I see, well that's always fun.

3. GO ME

4/5 Okay, thanks for letting me know, sounds fine. ^^

6. Yaaaaay! You might be able to tell but we're kinda slow, always. We're always able to do stuff but we take it easy here.

I shall add you to the OP. If you got any questions about stuff you can do or what's going on, and you don't want to check the IC thread, let me know. I can come up with something I'm sure.

And looking in the database (always under construction) would help too.

Speaking, of, to everyone here. Anything I missed in the database?

So i am on a vampire and warewolf kick, how does a hybreed sound? I might try for another character again.

Hmm...a Werepire? XD Well, show me what you've got and we'll see. ^^

Oh, btw, something I noticed. You sometimes have some small spelling mistakes (werewolf, not warewolf), do you not have a spell-check?

I am using a phone, but I typed my app in Google docs. I will have a computer in week or two.

Donovan Hanklin

Race: Hybrid (Vampire and Lycan cross)

Class: Beast warrior

[spoiler= Appearance]

Human form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByNuxJ9CG_gEOXByLWhDRVlhUlk/edit?usp=docslist_api

He is five foot six, and he weighs one hundred thirty pounds. He has pointed Lycan ears and Vampire fangs. He has blue eyes. He wears a black and silver cloak and amor underneath.

Beast form: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VeXl7bn3Qq0/T6fHussDFKI/AAAAAAAAFLk/51va5v6YYeQ/s400/verevolf.jpg

His Beast form is a cross between a bat and a wolf, he has bat wings and a wolf body. He weighs two hundred and forty pounds. His fur is snow white and he is four feet long and three feet tall.

[spoiler=personality] Donovan is shy, he is scared of being seen as a monster for being what he is. He prefers to avoid talking to people and is okay with solitude, however he wants to be around people so he knows he isn't alone. He love acts of kindness and with help someone in need. Usually he doesn't stick around people he helps for fear that they will hate him. He sticks to wandering around at night unless it can be helped. He tends to be depressed from feeling like the world hates him. He tends to get attached to people but he secludes himself from them so that they don't hurt him. He loves the feeling of flying. He tends to strave himself because he does not want to pass his power or kill an innocent person. He loves the moon and animals.

[spoiler=bio]Donovan's father was a Lycan and his mother was a vampire. Their love to each other was forbidden by the elders, his father was hunted down and killed to make an example. Donovan's mother ran from the hunters, she was six months into her pregnancy when Donovan's father was murdered. She lived with Donovan until he was sixteen, she told him of his father's fate and how the elders feared and hated him for being what he was. Half ways through his sixteenth year his mother was hunted down, tied to a stake until day came and she turned to ash.

In his one hundred and sixty years he has wandered from town to town, starving himself of flesh or blood. He has mastered his transformation and has immunity to sunlight and silver making him a force to be reckoned with.

Race abilities: he can transform into a powerful beast that is difficult to take down, he has to rest an hour or two between transformations unless he drinks blood. While he is in his Beast form he can fly. He has senses are way above average for any race. When he drinks blood he heals instantly unless seriously injured, then it takes a about twenty minutes, he can completely heal in an hour or two without drinking blood.

Skills: He has mastery over swords and is a great tracker. He is quick and silent when his desires to be so. He can see his prey before they see him and is quick to take down monsters.

Weapon: He has a sword, Victoria named after his mother. It is a steel blade and cannot be broken, it can pierce or cut through any target.

I am using a phone, but I typed my app in Google docs. I will have a computer in week or two.

Donovan Hanklin

Race: Hybrid (Vampire and Lycan cross)

Class: Beast warrior

[spoiler= Appearance]

Human form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByNuxJ9CG_gERXR1SFkzTlJOZ2s/edit?usp=docslist_api

He is five foot six, and he weighs one hundred thirty pounds. He has pointed Lycan ears and Vampire fangs. He has blue eyes.

Beast form: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VeXl7bn3Qq0/T6fHussDFKI/AAAAAAAAFLk/51va5v6YYeQ/s400/verevolf.jpg

His Beast form is a cross between a bat and a wolf, he has bat wings and a wolf body. He still weighs one hundred thirty pounds. His fur is snow white and he is four feet long and three feet tall.

[spoiler=personality] Donovan is shy, he is scared of being seen as a monster for being what he is. He prefers to avoid talking to people and is okay with solitude, however he wants to be around people so he knows he isn't alone. He love acts of kindness and with help someone in need. Usually he doesn't stick around people he helps for fear that they will hate him. He sticks to wandering around at night unless it can be helped. He tends to be depressed from feeling like the world hates him. He tends to get attached to people but he secludes himself from them so that they don't hurt him.

[spoiler=bio]Donovan's father was a Lycan and his mother was a vampire. Their love to each other was forbidden by the elders, his father was hunted down and killed to make an example. Donovan's mother ran from the hunters, she was six months into her pregnancy when Donovan's father was murdered. She lived with Donovan until he was sixteen, she told him of his father's fate and how the elders feared and hated him for being what he was. Half ways through his sixteenth year his mother was hunted down, tied to a stake until day came and she turned to ash.

In his one hundred and sixty years he has wandered from town to town, starving himself of flesh or blood. He has mastered his transformation and has immunity to sunlight and silver making him a force to be reckoned with.

Race abilities: he can transform into a powerful beast that is difficult to take down, he has to rest an hour or two between transformations unless he drinks blood. While he is in his Beast form he can fly. He has senses are way above average for any race. When he drinks blood he heals instantly, he can completely heal in an hour or two without drinking blood.

Skills: He has mastery over swords and is a great tracker. He is quick and silent when his desires to be so. He can see his prey before they see him and is quick to take down monsters.

Weapon: He has a sword, Victoria named after his mother. It is a steel blade and cannot be broken, it can pierce or cut through any target.

Well first, quick thing. That image for human form won't work, the new person is using the same image. ^^;

Also describe what kind of clothes he wears perhaps.

Why is he still so light when in beast form? Seems like he should be heavier by quite a lot.

Try and get a bit more into his personality, his likes and dislikes, and stuff like that.

Bio is fine, though I kinda want to know how he is immune to silver and sunlight.

Everything else looks good, just one more thing, instant healing probably no, at least not from serious wounds.

It's a good start though. ^^

Shot i didn't realize that was the same one i will change that. I had him weigh the same as he did in human form, i figured he would gain weight by transforming. I decide he would be immuned to sun light and silver because the werewolf part cancels the negative vampire effects and vice versa.

I will fix it here soon, I am doing work around my house though.

Archived