Insert Fantasy Name Here [OOC/PG-13/Started/Accepting]

tumblr_novtxpiizP1qd842do2_400.gifOscjfL3.pngtumblr_novtxpiizP1qd842do1_400.gif

Hunter of Beasts

"I'll take my prize, whether it be blood or gold.  Thankfully, you've got a little bit of both."

Name:  Hunter, the Beast whom hunts Beast

Race:  Human (Werebeast)

Class:  Berserker

[spoiler=Appearance][spoiler=Photograph]af139d7721b87353e4dfa1734ac1be99841b84fd

Hunter stands at an imposing 185 cm, towering over most other women.  She weighs 72 kg.  Her complexion is dark, and her skin is caked with dirt in some areas.  Her hair is unkempt, with numerous things stuck in it.  Whatever the weather, she wears heavy furs, covering up most of her body - of which she takes great care to hide.  Her face is contorted into an almost permanent scowl that would frighten even the most hardened of warriors; she uses this to great effect to intimidate most people into giving her what she wants.

What you can see of her body is lined with runic tattoos.

[spoiler=Personality]

"Her mind, forged in steel.  Her body, in earth.  She's a terrifying sight to behold."

She is as rough around the edges in her speech as she does look.  In a world of whimsy, one who is blunt, to the point, and harsh in tone is an absolute rarity - and these are all the things that Hunter embodies.  She takes what she wants - objects, men, women, all belong to her if she so desires.

In this fact, she is a beast of greed, craving anything and everything to be her prize.  Her gluttony leads her to choose mercenary work, putting in muscle for only the most wealthy of buyers.  She has a reputation for finishing the job efficiently, albeit messily, and delights in the carnage and destruction that she wreaks.

She does not do well when restrained, especially during the night.  In fact, being restrained, or even touched against her will, is a surefire way to earn yourself a death sentence - and she can certainly hold a grudge for years.

[spoiler=Backstory]Becoming a Werebeast usually leaves one with a lost memory; Hunter is no exception.

She awoke, naked, freezing, and alone on a mountaintop overlooking a vast tundra with no recollection of who she was.  By all means, she should have died there of hypothermia, but no matter how freezing it became, she was never hindered by it.

She trekked on, eventually coming to a hermit woman's hut.  The hermit, surprised by the naked, cold girl in front of her, extended her welcome to Hunter and clothed her in various furs.  There was a condition for Hunter to adhere to, however; she was required to hunt for food every day for hours on end.  Hunter, who got her name from this chore, gladly took this up.

She quickly became adept at pursuing the many beasts that lived around the mountains.  Before long, she had turned it into a game - hunting was in her blood, it was instinctive, and it was just such a rush.  She and the hermit lived incredibly well for a long while, prospering by way of Hunter's prowess.

All things, sadly, must end.

About six months after beginning her life with the Hermit, the pain hit.  Hunter came down with a terrible illness, leading to the hermit woman having to fend for herself for a while.  Hermit took care of Hunter quite well in this time, but there were only so many resources available to the both of them - Hunter only took what they needed at the time when she hunted, so the actual food source they had when she was out of commission was scarce.

One night, Hunter had a terrible dream - a dream where she was showered in pain, surrounded by the souls of all the beasts she had killed in the time she lived with Hermit.  Each ripped at her flesh and ate it in front of her eyes, and she awoke with a jolt.

She felt better; the sickness had subsided, but something much, much worse had happened.

The hut that she had lived in for the past six months was destroyed, trashed by what seemed to be the most terrible beast of them all.  Hermit, or what was left of the woman whom had been her mother for what seemed like her entire life, laid strewn across the clawmarked floor, her body in several pieces with bitemarks.

Hunter looked down at her hands, her nails doused in scarlet.  She brought them up to her mouth and wiped away the wetness.

It was then she knew that she had to be alone.

Skills

Hunting Prowess:  This should go without saying; Hunter is by far one of the best trackers to have ever graced this realm.  Her ability to take down her target in a single one-on-one scenario is next to none.

Transformation:  Hunter has the ability to transform into her 'true form':  a massive beast with strength far exceeding that of any possible human.  This ability can be triggered by extreme emotional trauma, rage, heartbreak, or if she exerts herself too hard.  She has no control over her actions while transformed and retains no memory of the transformation.

However, while transformed, a different kind of personality forms - far more demonic in intent and aura, it cannot be reasoned with.  She can speak, however, and talks with a silver tongue, far fetched from Hunter's normal personality.  Her transformation's intents usually line up with Hunter's own goals, though sometimes it breaks off and does its own thing.

Weapons

Hunting Axe:  To do most of her work, Hunter carries around a simple jagged axe.  A weapon best used with precision, Hunter makes good of it by burying it into her targets.

Miscellaneous Information:

• Hunter is a fan of self-expression, and she loves the arts - particularly dancing, and pop music.
  • Hunter's only romance ended with one guy splitting into two; whether or not this was the act of Hunter is up in the air for debate.
  • She currently works as a hired hand.  On the side, she hunts for rare furs and sells them on the black market for exorbitant prices.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright Miss Edgy Grit nice to see you. XD

You shall be accepted yes, looks good to me. But I'm allowed to one-up you on best tracker if I feel like it. Muahaha fear my GM power :D

Anyway. We can work out how you'll be joining whenever you want really, any questions you've got you can ask them.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA IT LIVESSSSS

Sorry a little excited there. In any case yeah this thing isn't gonna die. I'll post again once a couple more people do. Let's keep this going.

As for the knight. It's still at high health but it's being smacked from all sides now so it's a bit confused.

Maybe I should do an actual HP thing....And stats...hmmm.

o this is still alive

i'll make a post for this after I do the one for UT/GGE

Okay cool just remember I sucked your character into a temporary void in plot so have fun with that one. (though really it isn't something that shall affect too much of your post once you get to it)

• 2 weeks later...

So cowcow what benefits can my character get from the shard of plot armor.

I'm not...fully...sure. But hmm. I'm thinking it will give you random plot breaking ability as long as you carry it. Let me know when you want to do such a feat and I can tell you if it'll work out or not.

Surprised to see a post here, I thought this thing was dying :o

Archived