Masked HERO Dark Law

To be frank, Law isn't the problem card here. IMO it's Mask Change II for enabling him outside HERO decks.

I second this. I don't know what Konami was thinking when they made Second, but it's obviously way too splashable.

In addition, walking Macro Cosmos (Which is limited for a reason) and Mind Crush-esque effect is one of the most crippling anti-meta effects in the game right now.

I mean, Dark Law's definitely a problem in the MCII v this argument.

Acid exists to make Mask Change II stupid, but you can't act like Dark Law doesn't do too much in-and-of itself.

It's a one-sided Macro that punishes the opponent for trying to remove it with non-limited cards... or dark hole, but yeah.

In general, a deck either has to shoot its own foot or lose to it. A lot of times, it has to depend on luck to remove it, because they search an answer that can then be randomly sniped out.

So, no, you can't say "ban MCII and this is fine", because it's not. It does too much, especially in HEROes. It just happens that HEROes aren't as good.

For me the annoying part about this guy is he's one of those cards with a control effect shoehorned into an archetype that isn't about control. Cyber Dragon Infinity is another one. HEROs are very beatdown/OTK-centric, and Dark Law does nothing to further the deck's goal beyond messing up the opponent. 

For me the annoying part about this guy is he's one of those cards with a control effect shoehorned into an archetype that isn't about control. Cyber Dragon Infinity is another one. HEROs are very beatdown/OTK-centric, and Dark Law does nothing to further the deck's goal beyond messing up the opponent. 

Heroes are a lot more control than Cyber Dragons, that's for damn sure.

Archived