Minerva, Lightsworn Saint

Minerva, Lightsworn Saint
Rank 4 LIGHT Fairy-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 800
2 Level 4 monsters
You can only use each effect of “Minerva, Lightsworn Saint” once per turn.
(1) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, and if there are any “Lightsworn” cards sent, draw 1 card from your Deck for each.
(2) If this card is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effect: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, and if there are any “Lightsworn” cards sent, you can destroy a number of cards on the field up to that amount.

Source: http://ygorganization.com/corejpleaks133minervareturns/

Needless to say, this is an OCG exclusive, and a pretty good one, which is unsurprising.

So good. Although Lightsworn dont need the extra support

Will Lightsworn support ever end? I know they're one of the more popular and prominent archetypes in the game but this feels so unnecessary.

With the death of Dragon Rulers, the only chances they had of being playable kind of just went away. As a result, they want to give something back to the Lightsworn players by giving them new support to keep the deck at least a little bit relevant so it does feel necessary in a sense.

Card's insane though. Does so much that the deck wants with the only downside being it's a little tough to make

Didn't we already have an LS card named Minerva; that Tuner in the LS deck?

Or is this her grown-up version? Meh, it probably doesn't matter.

Generic and helps with other Decks that utilize the Graveyard, but yeah she gives more draw power for LS if they mill things for JD.

And then, it blows up stuff equal to how many LS 'mons you mill.

Usage-wise, it can be done; but you'd have to devote resources to doing it in particular.

Wow, yeah, that's very good. It's slightly difficult to make but only slightly, but it adds a lot of consistency giving you more pre-End Phase mills and also the possibility of drawing 3 which is kinda crazy. It's luck-based but hey, so is all of Lightsworn. Pretty glad it's an OCG exclusive if I'm honest.

Wow, yeah, that's very good. It's slightly difficult to make but only slightly, but it adds a lot of consistency giving you more pre-End Phase mills and also the possibility of drawing 3 which is kinda crazy. It's luck-based but hey, so is all of Lightsworn. Pretty glad it's an OCG exclusive if I'm honest.

We will get it eventually, so......

*Groans in annoyance* Why the fuck does Konami insist on supporting this disgusting fucking archetype? It seems every time the ban list does the tiniest bit of harm to Konmoney's precious fucking LS, they give it a million bandaids to make it better. They didn't fucking deserve Raiden and Michael, and they don't fucking deserve a potential +3 or greater.

Yes, I am fucking bitter thanks for asking.

Honestly, as much as people hate Lightsworns, after D-Rulers got banned, the deck does need something else to be viable gain.

This is insanely good, but...why OCG exclusive? ;~;

But does it need something? Does any deck need to be viable? I understand that the deck sucked before this came out (probably still sucks with this ngl), but if the deck sucks so be it.

Well, not NEED, but I mean that this isn't pushing an already broken archetype since LS are pretty shit nowadays.

But you can ask the question to ANY deck. Why a deck gets support? Why a deck has to be viable? On what principles should we decide which archetypes need support?

No, no they don't need anything. If they got hit so thoroughly because they lost the Rulers, then maybe it's worth taking a look at the deck and knowing that it deserved to die. It freaking deserved to die. And this stupid archetype is apparently going to get 2 more monsters, and I just know one of them is going to be a LS Ruler clone that banishes 2 LIGHTs from the grave to SS itself from the Grave or Hand.

This could be a little more bearable if its mats were restricted to LS only.

As it is now, the fact that it's completely generic just begs for anything that loves Graveyard setup. Shaddolls, for example, don't even need to main any LS to even get some form of advantage off this card.

Unless Lightsworns get a really good level 4 monster in addition to Saint Minerva, this card and Lightsworns as a whole won't get any better.

In generic rank 4 extra decks, Lavalval Chain is better than this card 90% of the time.

If Konami wants Lightsworns to actually become a modern deck, they need to print a level 4 monster that can specifically mill any Lightsworn with the tradeoff of only being able to special summon Lightsworn monsters for the rest of the turn.

Archived