[Sakura Archetype] "of the Fantasy World" (2/?)

In a way similar to making YCMers as cards, but more/less designed on the current staff team (so maybe 8 cards at the most).

If interest shows, I will consider doing former ones (including ones from the old days).

For now, I only have the CC ones dealt with (well, Zex and myself). I will get to Nai once an appropriate image is found (or if they give me one that they like).

Same goes for the other mods, including Night, Rai, evilfusion, Aix, Flame, Mugen and so forth.

All of them will have the "you can only control 1" effect and are Nomis, because flavor-wise, there's only one of each of us.

Scale-wise, regular staff (like myself) will be Level 8 and have usual boss powers. (2-mat Synchros with specific requirements)

Super mods like Night are Level 10 and will have even stronger effects to reflect it. (Also will be 3-mats).

So yeah, these are intended to be used as boss monsters for whatever Decks.

[spoiler=Zextra and myself]

OxWHb8M.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WIND monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by a card effect: You can negate that card effect. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Place 1 Warn Counter on that monster (max. 2). Monsters with 2 Warn Counters cannot activate their effects. You can only control 1 "Sakura, Dragon Moderator of the Fantasy World".

Idea of mine is essentially to enforce my responsibilities as the mod of this section; hence the Warn counter thing. Based it off of an old card of mine that did something similar (about the Advanced Clause).

Trying to actually work an effect that works similar to how the warn system here actually works proved to be unusable in the current game, so basically just changed it to instant-placing a Warn counter on the monster. 2 of them will essentially negate [similar to what happens if you reach a certain warn level].

While yes, negating a monster's effect is rather harsh, it still requires 2 turns of setup to pull off, factoring in the opponent still being able to attack and use it for Extra Deck or something. If things prove to be abusive in testing, I'll raise it to 3.

-----------------

Rh5vDU6.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck. Once per turn, other monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. You can only control 1 "Zextra, Serpentine Moderator of the Fantasy World".

Consider Zextra to be my foil; while I take on the opponent, Zextra protects your other 'mons from attack.

His second effect is based off that Milotic card from Set 3 of my Pokemon cards (scroll down in the forum).

It also represents how long Zex and I have known each other; and the amount of collab things we do (mostly his Pendulum stuff nowadays + keeping things going in each other's absence). Both of us having a combined 5400 ATK/DEF references that.

-----------------

[/spoiler]

I'll likely group Nai and Aix together, given the fact that RPs was Nai's choice of section when asked (and because Aix also had recommendations for him). Flavor-wise, those two have much more in common.

So in a way, we might have a few sets of paired cards. I'll have to work it out (probably only one other pairing besides the above two).

Anyway, CnC please.

Reps will be provided for good reviews (and I mean things that I can use to improve the cards).

Unless otherwise stated, effects like that are generally activated during the Main Phase. It's an unspoken rule for the most part.

So yeah, you cannot use Sakura's effect during the BP to trigger another counter; both must occur during the MP. 

I did have an effect that would blow monsters up after a certain number of Warn counters (which represents a ban), but I removed it due to impracticality and because negating is already powerful enough.

Just for the record, I rarely ban members (save for spambots).

Warnings, not as much; save for repeat AC breaks and a lot of other general stuff.

(I remember other staff members in the past who were a lot harsher in that regard; prior to 2011 though)

--

As for Zex's one, I thought I posted the updated version with that effect.

I will fix that now.

Other one was an older version.

Archived