Earthbound Immortal support

TF2_The_Scout

The Earthbound Immortals are an interesting archetype. They work the same way as Malefics, except they can attack directly and do not require you to banish something to summon them. However, the deck mainly suffers from consistency problems because the Immortals themselves do not have any searchers. This is my attempt to give them a bit more support.

urjioiS.jpg

2kUkzE4.jpg

6Lhb5Pj.jpg

hBvXdzm.jpg

6PxIbL1.jpg

You speak of searchers, but there are very few effective searchers that I'm spotting.

Summoner doesn't count for a searcher since to fully exploit him, you need an Immortal already in the hand.

Azul Oni is the most direct with its searching, but again, requires that you have Summoned an Immortal to put him out. At least it doesn't discriminate how the Immortal got destroyed, which means you can self-destruct an Immortal by not having a Field Spell and still get him out.

Coco Azki is more of a separate boss monster than any form of direct support. In fact, I'd say it's worse than the Immortals due to needing a very specific Field Spell, unlike the rest which can function on any Field.

Immortal Challenger doesn't exactly help Immortals in any way. Since The Immortals are already unattackable, you can just sit on one as the only monster and your opponent can't do jack except by attacking you directly with monster effects. There's very little reason to put down Immortal Challenger.

Immortal Crusader is arguably the most useful of the bunch, but its stats are incredibly high for a monster that has a beneficial effect. You could reduce its stats and the only thing that will change is whether the player will want to attack with it or not before using its effect. It's a little roundabout way to search an Immortal, but this has fantastic synergy with Aslla piscu (which by far is seen as the best of the Immortals), since AP's effect triggers outside the battlefield and it won't have its effect negated by then.

Summoning and keeping down an Immortal isn't too hard, by the way. We have Stormforth that lets us Tribute the opponent's monsters. We have Hardened Armed Dragon that can field itself with little investment and puts down an Immortal that doesn't even need the Field. We have Amarylease that down-costs Tribute Summons. Not to mention the many various other Tribute Fodder cards available.

The idea for Challenger was that if it was attacked, it could make an Earthbound Immortal the target, thus destroying the attacking monster, but I guess I didn't take onto account that Immortals can't be the targets for attacks. There was also suppose to be a field spell, but it somehow didn't post. Anyway, thanks for the CnC.

Archived