(ArchType) Stakes of Purgatory [Umineko-based Deck]

lecc_XD

After a lot and lot of test, i finally made it, this is my 5th Archtype and one of the most competitives so far i made, tho isnt that broken as it seems xD
Psychic-Type monsters with good Spam ability, Disrupting Bosses and Grave Filling are the play style of this deck, tho it lacks the field precence and power to upcome some obstacles~
i hope you like them~

[spoiler=Monsters]
[spoiler=Main Deck]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory - Asmodeus]
GJlydv2.jpg

If this card is Tributed: Send 2 cards from the top of your deck to your Graveyard. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this and other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card in face-up Defense position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory - Asmodeus" per turn, and only once that turn. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon/Set any monster for the rest of this turn, except "Stake of Purgatory" monsters.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory - Belphegor]
SUqKVHg.jpg

During your Main Phase: You can Tribute 1 other "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your side of the field and/or hand: Add 1 "Stake of Purgatory" Monster from your Deck to your Hand. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this and other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card in face-up Defense position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory - Belphegor" per turn, and only once that turn. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon/Set any monster for the rest of this turn, except "Stake of Purgatory" monsters.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory - Belzebub]
ZMlRiUT.jpg

If this card was Tributed this turn: You can Target 1 banished "Stake of the Purgatory" monster: Return that to the hand. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this and other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card in face-up Defense position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory - Belzebub" per turn, and only once that turn. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon/Set any monster for the rest of this turn, except "Stake of Purgatory" monsters.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory - Leviathan]
AIkNVN4.jpg

If this card is Tributed: You can Add 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to your Hand other than "Stake of Purgatory - Leviathan". If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this and other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card in face-up Defense position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory - Leviathan" per turn, and only once that turn. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon/Set any monster for the rest of this turn, except "Stake of Purgatory" monsters.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory - Lucifer]
X3ys2KY.jpg

If this card is Tributed: You can Target 1 "Golden Witch" card in your Graveyard; Add it to your Hand. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this and other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card in face-up Defense position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory - Lucifer" per turn, and only once that turn. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon/Set any monster for the rest of this turn, except "Stake of Purgatory" monsters.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory - Mammon]
LzV0uIo.jpg

During your Main Phase: You can tribute 1 other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your side of the field or hand: Add 1 "Golden Witch" card from your Deck to your hand during the End Phase. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this and other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card in face-up Defense position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory - Mammon" per turn, and only once that turn. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon/Set any monster for the rest of this turn, except "Stake of Purgatory" monsters.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory - Satan]
gsguOxw.jpg

During your Main Phase: You can Tribute 1 other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your side of the field or hand: Discard 1 Random card from your opponent's hand. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this and other "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card in face-up Defense position. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory - Satan" per turn, and only once that turn. If you activate any of these effects, you cannot Summon/Set any monster for the rest of this turn, except "Stake of Purgatory" monsters.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler Ritual Monsters]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory Controller - Battler]
9V0s2TR.jpg

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Golden Witch" Ritual Spell Card. If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can target 1 card in either side of the field: Return it to the owner's hand. During either player's End Phase: You can tribute this face-up card and target 2 of your banished level 3 "Stakes of the Purgatory" monsters: Special Summon them on your side of the field. You can only gain 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory Controller - Battler" once per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory Master - Ange]
pOj9zqB.jpg

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Golden Witch" Ritual Spell Card. If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can target 1 card on the field; Destroy it. During either player's End Phase: You can tribute this face-up card: Add 1 "Golden Witch" card from your deck to your hand. You can only gain 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory Master - Ange" per turn. and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory Summoner - Beatrice]
ZG87FnQ.jpg

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Golden Witch" Ritual Spell Card. If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can target 1 card on each side of the field; Banish them, then return them to the field during the end of the turn. During either player's End Phase: You can tribute this face-up card; Send 2 "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. You can only gain 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory Summoner - Beatrice" once per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Extra Deck]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory Mage - Ange]
npCwbBN.jpg

2 level 3 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters
This card gains 300 ATK for each material it has attached. You can detach 1 XYZ material from this card: Send 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. If this card is on your Graveyard: You can banish this card; Tribute monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Stake of Purgatory" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory Mage - Ange" per turn, and once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Stake of Purgatory Mage - Battler]
kPaZjXE.jpg

2 level 3 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters
This card gains 400 DEF for each material it has attached. You can detach 1 XYZ material from this card: Target 2 of your banished monsters; Shuffle them into your deck and draw 1 card. If this card is on your Graveyard: You can banish this card and target 1 "Golden Witch" card in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand. You can only activate 1 effect of "Stake of Purgatory Mage - Battler" per turn, and once that turn.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

[spoiler=Turn of the Golden Witch]
LuEcq9B.jpg

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Stake of Purgatory" Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Stake of Purgatory" Ritual Monster from your hand or Graveyard whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. During your Draw Phase, If this card in in your Graveyard: You can Add this card to your hand instead of drawing. You can only use each effect of "Turn of the Golden Witch" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Requiem of the Golden Witch]
iFUfruT.jpg

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Stake of Purgatory" Ritual Monster. Banish any number of your "Stakes of the Purgatory" in your Graveyard, then Ritual Summon 1 "Stakes of the Purgatory" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the total Levels/Ranks of those monsters. You can only activate 1 "Requiem of the Golden Witch" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dawn of the Golden Witch]
rRz1xqk.jpg

Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; Activate 1 of the following effects (you can only gain this effect once per turn):
- Send 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monster from your Deck to your Graveyard
- "Stake of Purgatory" monsters gain 500 ATK until the end of the turn.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

TY for the Feedback!

The only problem I have with this is their "Purgatory only" clause they all have... Lightsworn Chaos Purgatory woulda been hilarious :444814_key:

But otherwise I can't really say I encountered that many problems with them. Maaaaaybe tone down their floating, but idk.

Thats why that clause exist~

i cant even imagine how broken it will turn if i take out that clause...

i had enough with a pure Rank 3 built w/o the clause and was pretty broken..

Yeah, but i neee my grave to make more plays

That's why I said Escape from the Dark Dimension. That fetches your banished DARKs onto the field. Even if you don't trigger Dark Armed's effect all three times, you still have a free 2800 beatstick to put up a lot of damage with, and combo from there. Hell, if you want to be crafty, run Darklord Zerato since you can Normal Summon it by Tributing one of the Purgatory monsters you SS'd and get a nuke. Warwolf also lets you tribute excessive monsters to pop cards. All decent options the Deck can do

i see what you say, the deck by itself have a lot of mechanincs as it seems
still isnt a deck that cannot be beaten or is impossible to
and also the deck loose the card adventage easilly

I will agree with both of those, as I have played it myself, but I also feel a lot of the potential for it has yet to be exploited, and thus many of us are unsure about it and what it would be at maximum potential

I don't know how sustainable this is
 If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Banish this card to target 1 "Stake of Purgatory" monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon that card. 

Given that the deck has 7 different monsters with this effect. 

Also Ange looks insane. Detach 1 for 2 more special summons. 

And then when it dies, just add banished ones to hand.

I feel confident that running a Lightsworn, mill heavy version of this deck is the way to go. Fill the grave with the Stakes, and then summon like 7 different monsters.

Probably wouldnt even run the rituals, just focus on making rank 3 plays.

I get what your mean, i was also thinking about changing Ange xyz effect in grave for anything else, also having 7 monster monsters able to summon other like that means that only 3-4 can be on the field or activates the tribute eff, because the Hard OPT clase
Thats why the deck isnt as broken how your ppl think, because focus in the only XYZ wouldnt hurt the opponent since the xyz have some Speed-up effect instead of disrupting or taking out monsters, also the attack poder on them isnt enough to kill a boss monster
Anyway, imma go to take some ATK to the little and XYZ ones because ppl think they have way too much ATK for their levels

This archetype is kind of sketchy.

It wouldn't be nearly as sketchy if the monsters summoned had their effects negated. But it'd still be pretty sketchy.

Twilight of the Golden Witch seems to just be a card designed to loop stuff, given that it can loop itself and it's for abusing fodder anyway.

I really hate how the Xyzs float given that their materials are semi-free. Especially Ange; she floats in a disgusting way, more disgusting than even Dante does; which is a remarkable achievement. This archetype feels too much like different!BA for my liking.

Well, the only ones hurted by the negation eff when summoned would be Belphegor, Satan and Mammon tho
And agree, Ange is kinda broken for the deck, im really planning in nerf her, and change the graveyard effect
Also eliminate Twilight because i really dont need the card in the deck

Major Update!

- "Twilight of the Golden Witch" removed

- "Dawn of the Golden Witch" now have a changed effect

- Level 3 "Stakes of Purgatory" now need to banish another one to fullfill the Summon effect

- "Stake of Purgatory - Mammon" now searchs in the end of the turn

- "Stake of Purgatory - Asmodeus" now mill instead of send to grave directly

- "Stake of Purgatory Mage - Battler" isnt generic anymore

- Ritual "Stakes of Purgatory" monsters triggers the 2nd effects in the End Phase now

Archived