Raidraptor-Burning Force

AnnieShifter

CHubKqF.jpg

Raidraptor-Retaliation

Counter Trap

When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated while you control at least 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster, and all face-up monsters you control are "Raidraptor" monsters: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

I always expected Raidraptors to get a card like this in the future, especially considering their user loves counter traps. Please share any advice.

It's essentially a costless Solemn Judgment for RRs; not really much I can say about this card other than that.

Keep in mind that you can trigger off of ANY RR, not just the Xyz Monsters. Change it to require it as such.

Hopefully you recall that Judgment is banned in TCG, and Scolding requires a 3k LP cost AND requires that you have no face-down backrow.

Hmm...Raidraptors already have Raptor's Gust, but Gust doesn't have the ability to stop monster effects, nor is it searchable by Mimicry Lanius. However, the name of this card is wrong in terms of the naming schema of the archetype. With the exception of Raidraptors - Nest, all Raidraptors Spell and Trap support starts with the word "R", and "Force" is usually used for Rank-Up-Magic cards. In fact, when I read the title of this topic, I thought that I was going to see a new Rank-Up-Magic card. May I suggest "Raidraptors - Retaliation" as an alternative to the current name? Otherwise, this looks alright, though potentially a little overpowered.

Yeah this thing is just way too strong.  It would be like if you could search The Final Zefrassault.  Being able to negate any effect simply be having a RR out is crazy, especially if you can search it with mimicry.

Now if it had a cost and/or more restrictions, that's a different story.

I think that's much better.  The reason that Secret Move is fine is that you usually don't have a yosenju card out during your opponent's turn without a scale set or Divine Wind, so it's really only used on your turn to make your play happen.  That's its drawback based on the archetype.

Now raidraptors on the other hand spam forever and they stay there.  very rarely would this card as you had it be dead.  It's still pretty strong now, but restricting your field to raid raptors is definitely an appropriate drawback.

Archived