Add TCG/OCG tags to CC

While I don't know if this should be required, at leat not for new members, it is something that I feel should at least be mentioned in the rules. If not as a rule, as a suggestion.

Designing for the OCG and designing for the TCG is designing for two entirely different games. You can't just call them YGO, there is a clear division in standards for design. Right now, it defaults to TCG, but there are some rare people who prefer the OCG to the TCG, and they'd be ridiculed if they posted "Intended for the OCG". Not to mention, cards like Noden in the OCG punish cards that would be designed on here.

You can't even realistically design a card that fits in both formats, so might as well, at least, add a suggestion to tag your card so the intended gamestate is applied.

Just keep in mind that stuff in CC does factor in OCG stuff like Noden and a lot of other things; although yes, it is mainly TCG for the most part (since a lot of us live on the TCG end).

So yeah, this is something that can be looked into.

Adding 5 characters to your title shouldn't be hard.

Or you can even use the topic tags function to do it.

----

Just keep in mind that stuff in CC does factor in OCG stuff like Noden and a lot of other things; although yes, it is mainly TCG for the most part (since a lot of us live on the TCG end).

So yeah, this is something that can be looked into.

Adding 5 characters to your title shouldn't be hard.

Or you can even use the topic tags function to do it.

----

You... just said exactly what I was saying. ._.

Noden currently factors in, but it's not fair to someone wanting to design a card for the TCG Format that they play in.

I know it's not something to be enforced, but you should definitely make a note of it in the rules so that people realize "Hey, I can omit shit like Noden/Neptabyss!"

Instead of a tag, you could just mention what card pool you designed the card for inside the thread itself.

Personally, I'm more on the TCG side of things (but I certainly keep CyDra Infinity and a lot of other OCG stuff in mind).

Whether or not this will help separate things to be easier to grade in terms of the card pool, we'll have to see.

So basically, if you want your card to be graded on the cards within a particular format, note it. Otherwise, it's the same thing that we've been doing (factor in all cards that exist right now in your review).

Just so you're aware, the necessary change was made to the Advanced rulebook a while before you came.

However, instead of mandating that it be visible in the topic title (though it'd be easier to sort through stuff), you just need to mention it somewhere.

Ideally, the forum tag thing works nicely since you can filter only the threads that follow a specific format.

Once again, this will not be mandatory.

While I don't know if this should be required, at leat not for new members, it is something that I feel should at least be mentioned in the rules. If not as a rule, as a suggestion.

This will simply allow users to mention that they're making cards strictly for TCG or OCG, or both. Just a mention that it's something that can be done in the rules section would be enough.

No need to make it mandatory in any way. TCG/OCG tags would really just a way to make telling this easier. 

so yeah.

That's why I edited the rule thread after this.

Should be an optional thing to do, since it'll make it easier to focus a specific card pool while grading things; as opposed to applying every card in existence (that's relevant). 

I think I had it written as a mandatory thing earlier, but I changed it to an optional one.

---

TBH, I haven't seen anyone who prefers the OCG format (unless I haven't been looking in TCG hard enough lately).

Archived