Fire Emblem: Alter [OOC/Temporarily Not Accepting] [PG-16] [Co-hosted by Sethera and Lord CowCow]

W5LR0SX.png

We got a logo~ :D Courtesy of Sethera :O

Long ago, the continent of Krezia was torn by a vicious and bloody war, that put brother against brother. Lives were short then, and demonic monsters, servants of the Dark God Amatra, preyed upon the lives of all. One man, a noble named Seith, sought to use he endless war to rule all of Krezia, and forged a pact with the Dark God. Seith promised Amatra the souls of one child from every family if they would give him the power he desired to conquer all of Krezia. Amatra was pleased with his offering, and granted Seith an unnatural sway over the dark powers of Amatra himself, as well as a portion of the Dark Gods army and unnaturally long life.

With these, Seith quickly slaughtered any man, woman, or child that stood in his path. All who tried to stop Seith were crushed by his inhuman strength, destroyed by his magic, or overwhelmed by his army. Soon, he his dream to conquer all the known world had been realized, as every noble house, every clan, and every tribe fell under his dominion. As he promised, his soldiers forced each family, peasant and noble alike, to sacrifice one child to the Dark God Amatra. Soon, the noble prince became known as Seith the Oppressor. The punishment for those who resisted was far worse than only death. For years, the people prayed to the Goddess Martel for a miracle, and an end to the Oppressors reign, until finally Martel answered.

Four heroes had been granted the Goddesses strength, for the sole purpose of rising in resistance to the Oppressor. Lead by the Hero King Artorius, the four hero's stood up to Seith the Oppressor, but could not defeat him. In a last attempt to save her people, the Martel granted the Hero's one final gift. The Fire Emblem. A holy seal used to send Seith the Oppressor to a dimensional prison, from which he could never escape. Once their battle was over, the four hero's returned to their homes, and built great kingdoms that enjoyed an 800 year long peace.

But that peace was broken when the previous king of Gangala, King Valeran died, and his son Rathmar launched a surprise invasion against Emerys. Even the people of Gangala were shocked as the Emeran people were brutally executed for resisting the attack. Even the new Kings own subjects were not safe, and Gangalan protesters were publicly executed for questioning the Rathmar's ways. Rumors of King Valeran's eldest son began to circulate among Gangalan and Emeran resistance alike. The boy who had fled from royalty my yet be alive, and may be the realms only hope to restore the peace that the four kingdoms had enjoyed for so many years.

[spoiler=Plot Summary] So the plot is really pretty simple. If you played a Fire Emblem game then you should have a general idea where that's going... well sorta. Anyways, the new king of Gangala launched an attack against Emerys where he brutally murdered it's citizens and publicly executed their king so that he could claim the Emeran land for Gangala. Many people of Gangala were against this move, but Emperor Rathmar said "Screw you! I do what I want!" and executed any Gangalan protesters as well. People are starting to notice a similarity between the actions of Rathmar and Seith the Oppressor from the legends of the dark times. Still he's a king, so mere rebellion won't really stop Rathmar. However, rumors of his older brother, who fled from his responsibility as a prince, surviving somewhere out there began to circulate, and the idea that the Gangalan people might be able to bring down Rathmar and replace him with his lost elder brother. So the plan is to find the lost prince, convince him to claim his rightful place on the Gangalan Throne, and stop Rathmar from going apeshit on the rest of Krezia.

Kay have fun~[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]

1 - You know the basic rules? Well they're in this one like they are in every other thread.

2 - No power playing. By this, I mean I don't want to see any characters that read "special snowflake" or characters who are meant to be ridiculously overpowered.

3 - Activity is important, but I understand the need to focus on things in real life and the overwhelming appeal of procrastination. Just make sure you post as often as possible and you'll be fine though. If you go for longer than a week without posting or consulting me or another co-host then you'll be given a warning. Refuse to post after you've been warned and you'll be dropped.

Going to have to consult the others on the rest of them.[/spoiler]

Database
Still currently working on this one, but what I DO have at the moment is all listed right here. Please click the link below to view the database.

Fire Emblem: Alter Database

[spoiler=app]

Please put all apps in spoilers

*opional headshot*

"Epic quote by the character~"

Name:

Race: (Either human or Laguz)

Class: (Remember most of you should be a primary class. If you talk to me, Sethera, or CowCow about it, we MAAAY be willing to accept an Advanced class, but for the most part I'd like for you to be primary classes)

Country of Origin: (Include the city too if you want.)

Inventory: ( You get 5 slots. No exceptions. This is for weapons, items, magic tomes, staves, that kinda stuff. You CAN make your own weapons, magic, etc. but please keep in mind that you shouldn't be too crazy with them and they shouldn't be too powerful. Magic swords for example are a no. If you pick an item off of the list then no need to include the description, but if you make one please give it a description to go with it.)

Personality: (Going to say that a single paragraph is good enough. A well written character's personality will change over the course of the rp anyways.)

Appearance: (Either 2 paragraph minimum describing the persons physical appearance and their clothing or a picture of your character in spoilers with a paragraph of description on anything the picture won't tell you such as height, weight, measurements, etc.)

Biography: (About 2 paragraphs explaining your characters history. No need to go into great detail if you want to keep some things a surprise for later, but players should have an adequate idea of where they've been and what they've gone through.)

Skype info for Skype OOC: (If you don't have Skype, don't worry. I'll make sure to post anything vitally important here as well.)

And for everyone thinking "I'll just copy paste this"...

*optional headshot*

"Character quote~"

Name:

Race:

Class:

Country of Origin:

Inventory:

Personality:

Appearance:

Biography:

Skype Info for Skype OOC:

[/spoiler]

And the army

1. Emil Astrel (Yosuke) [Lord]

2. Derick Tullim (Sethera) [Bull Rider]

3.  Michael the Resolute (CowCow) [Hero]

4. Asher Baraan (Yosuke) [Lord]

5. Ashelia Marta Irisviel (Iashiaya) [Cleric]

6. Riku Tsukiko (Baron von Hallow) [Myrmidon]

7. Alessa Campo of Bandore (Supreme Gamemaster) [Knight]

8. Krazen Shulnera (Gensokian) [Shaman]

9. Valerie (CowCow) [Cavalier]

10. Myth (Nightwinds) [Mage]

11. Vice Raben (naoremonth) [Fighter]

12. Samael (naoremonth) [Fox]

13. Sartoria (Elly) [Sorcerer] {Currently Antagonistic}

14. [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/333620-fire-emblem-alter-ooctemporarily-not-accepting-pg-16-co-hosted-by-sethera-and-lord-cowcow/?p=6623857]Yukina Taifuu[/url] (Skaia) [Archer]

The rest are open still open :o

What we need classwise for anyone hoping to join (in order of importance):

More Laguz - We got a fox already, but there's still Bears, Owls, and Vultures that we want.

Thief - Currently having our fox double as a Thief, but an actual Thief would be nice to have as well.

Lancer - Obviously not a popular class, but we need some light infantry.

What we personally would like to see in no particular order:

Mercenary - Really just something I like in FE. We don't NEED them as we have plenty of swords right now, but I'd still like one.

Monk - The fact that we have no Light Magic advantage is somewhat concerning, but it's not that big a deal. Besides it's not like we're short of casters.

Wyvern Rider - Not needed now, maybe not for a while either, but we should get one at some point. Especially so we have a defensive flier of some kind.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Eliyasviel Weiss (WIP APP)

Race: Human

Class: Tactician

Country of Origin: Ylisse 

Inventory:

Thunder

Aversa's Night

Steel Sword

Concoction

Seed of Trust

Personality: A quick minded, sharp tactician who plans heavily in advance. She has an enormous ego, backed up only by her sometimes ruthless tactics of sacrifice for victory, earning her the title "The Dark Tactician" Has a knack for punishing those below her with extreme vengeance. Has an awkward set of food tastes, and heavily criticises other people's cooking.

Appearance:gM9LvqU.jpg

Biography: WIP.

Skype Info for Skype OOC:

Didn't expect to see you here Shard o.o"

Anyways, I'm putting up the class list in the database right now, so please refrain from listing that area for now. I already talked to Seth about this, but Tacticians won't be appearing in the rp since they're a bit too OP for a starting class. Also please read the database. I know I said that I was still working on it but the four main countries are all there, and this takes place in a different world from Awakening and most likely won't be using Outworld or other dimensions either. This being said, still hope to see you join ^^"

Oh look a Fire Emblem RP sure I'll note...waaaait a minute....

Yeah so hello potential RPers CowCow here as co-host. Don't worry the host won't vanish like the other RPs I'm co-hosting I promise~ (This turned out to be...false)

[spoiler=Jeigan!]
"I must continue to fight. Even if my heart goes out; I will not let this atrocity continue."

Name: Michael, “The Resolute”

Class: Hero

Country of Origin: Emerys

[spoiler=Inventory]

Silver Sword

Hand axe

Arcfire (His old Tome, which he can't use anymore)

Elixir [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]His nickname “The Resolute” is very fitting. Michael is valiant and unwavering in his purpose, which is to protect and bring honor to his home. To the people he is seen as a shining light of hope and he does his best to keep that image. For the people need this hope to go on. The truth is he himself is somewhat cynical. He strives to overcome this and prove himself wrong, however.
Michael is a master of dry wit. He’s startlingly sarcastic and delivers things with such a straight face that people sometimes struggle to tell when he’s joking. Is also somewhat sadistic at times, especially when it comes to training and keeping everything in order. Has a commanding presence and when he asks you to do something, most of the time you do it.
In many cases Michael is understanding but, when it comes to safety and training, he can be tyrannically strict. Everyone is under his protection at all times and he does not take kindly to those who would harm others. Fiercely loyal, Michael will not falter once someone earns his respect. On the flip side he is quick to strike you down if you prove that his respect was misplaced. Though he sometimes is blinded by his previous opinion.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]q8t7Pe8.jpg?1

5'11" (180 cm) 198 lbs (90 kg)

Not the tallest, nor the heaviest, soldier you'd ever meet. Michael is nonetheless muscular and fit. It is obvious in his slim build that he wasn't always a physical soldier however. Years of magic study didn't give him the most threatening build. He is considered quite handsome though he often has such a look of concentration and aloofness that not many have attempted to become intimate with him.

He wears somewhat light armor, andything too heavy would strain his heart, and goes without a helmet. He says it's so his soldiers can see his face. Doesn't like to cut his hair so it's long, but he makes sure it's well kept.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography] Born in the capital of Emerys, Michael had early access to learning the art of magic. He was, simply put, a prodigy. Though as he was a modest child he tried to hide it. It didn’t work. He was noticed by the important people and went on a fast track to an even greater education. He entered the military to use these skills that were thrust upon him. And there he just continued to rise in rank and power.
Soon enough, quicker than most, he had a position of a top general in the Emrysian army. The Great Sage. Feared by his enemies, respected by his allies, and loved by the people; Michael served his liege loyally and justly for several years.
And then, during a duel with a powerful Sorcerer, tragedy struck. It was a fierce battle and in the end he won the fight. However it came at a cost. The dark magic had struck his heart. He fell into a coma for a couple days. And when he woke everything was changed.
From then on, his heart was weakened. If he put too much strain on it it could very well give out on him and it constantly hinders and pains him. He can always hear his heartbeat, and its irregularity. However to Michael the worst part was his loss of magic. He was devastated by his sudden loss of power and at his inability to serve his liege anymore.
After several days of brooding he made a decision. He wouldn’t let this stop him. He stayed with his liege as an advisor and began training in more martial fighting styles, despite other’s insistence he does not strain himself. And after much effort he was once more a strong warrior. However not as strong as he once was, as his growth was stunted by the attack.
The fall of Emerys hit him especially hard. He was there during the final fight. He saw his beloved home crushed and was powerless to stop it. He resolved to continue to fight however. And do whatever he could to reclaim his homeland.... [/spoiler]

Skype info for Skype OOC: lordcowcow2

[/spoiler]

Is it possible for me to reserve the sword master- or Myrmidon, since sword master isn't on the class list? 

The class list isn't complete yet. But it'd be best to go with Myrmidon. Since Advanced (or tier two) classes such as Swordmaster are not something we'll want most people doing.

That being said you don't have to reserve it exactly, just mention your interest and desire to use a certain class. ^^

Oh look a Fire Emblem RP sure I'll note...waaaait a minute....
Yeah so hello potential RPers CowCow here as co-host. Don't worry the host won't vanish like the other RPs I'm co-hosting I promise~

well this got really awkward...

So I just moved into a new place, and found out that my internet won't be connected till Monday (currently at the library) So while I won't be vanishing, I won't be able to post much till then and the database will likely remain unfinished for a bit x.x

That being said, you and Seth have access to it now, so feel free to fill in any parts you can until then. Really sorry for the inconvenience ^^"

[spoiler='Derick - The Bull']

C3p1RhE.png

"Do not insult Bull Riders! We are just as good, if not better, than Cavaliers!"

Name: (Sir) Derick of House Tullim

Race: Human

Class: Bull Rider

Country of Origin: Emerys

[spoiler='Inventory']

• Iron Axe
  • Bronze Lance
  • Hand Axe
  • Vulnerary

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Personality']

A word for Derick would be proud, but not in an arrogant way. He has worked hard to get where he's at in life, and he is rightly proud of that. Because of his background, he is intolerant of cruelty and looking down on others. Instead, when he sees somebody struggling, he is almost always willing to lend a hand, believing that the better way is to lift somebody up rather than tearing them down, just like his mentor did for him. He can be overly serious, and has not a sarcastic bone in his body. Because of this, he all too often takes what people say at face value. Despite his humorless personality, he tends to get along well with his peers and is generally looked up to as an older brother figure by the newbies.

When it comes to swords, he has a chip on his shoulder a mile wide. Whenever people compare swords with axes, he is vehemently on the side of axes, despite their disadvantage in the weapon triangle. He is also sensitive to people insulting his bull and telling him to ride a real mount. Derick takes that as a personal insult to his mentor, who both used an axe and rode a bull. Because of this, he often gets into arguments with his more intolerant fellows. Derick does not hesitate to throw the gauntlet if one personally insults his mentor. He used to do it all the time when he first became a knight, but after winning every one of his duels, he has earned the grudging respect of even the most intolerant knights.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Appearance']

http://i.imgur.com/kP6O3Pc.png

Derick is around average height and weight compared to his peers. He has lightly tanned skin and hard, corded muscles from working out. Not overly lean nor overly stocky, he is nonetheless very strong. He has windswept brown hair and reddish-brown eyes. While off-duty, he wears simple, plain clothing, preferring blacks and browns over other colors. However, his armor is bright, gleaming red, and he makes sure to polish it whenever he can. While rust would not show up as badly on his armor as it would others, he is proud of it and takes care of it, as he does with his axe. He rarely smiles, and almost always has a grumpy or determined expression on his face. While arguing, his ears and face tend to burn red, and he usually shouts. Meep.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Biography']

Born to a branch of House Tullim, Derick, as the only son in his immediate family, was expected to serve the Emrysian army as a knight or general. However, his swordplay was horrendous, and he didn't bond with any of the horses. Even his lance-work was shoddy. Because of this, he was often jeered at by the other knights-in-training, and told to go home, as it was obvious he would never amount to anything more than a soft noble. The boy grit his teeth and bore it, however, but he despaired of ever earning his spurs.

A Taurus Knight from one of the five noble families of Xiang Siu was visiting Arkaia around this time in a diplomatic mission, and, seeing the determination that blazed in the boy's eyes, offered an alternative path. To learn the ways of the axe and bull. To become a Bull Rider. To Derick's delight, he took to axes like a duck to water, and practiced night and day to catch up to his peers in terms of skill. To prove his worth, he tamed one of the Xiang Siu war bulls that the Taurus Knight brought with him, and earned its respect. From then on, he devoted himself to training in combat and courtesy as a knight, while keeping in mind the Xiang Siu values his mentor passed on to him. Derick was sad when his mentor had to return to his homeland, but hopes that he may see him again someday.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

NOTING. INTEREST. *w*

I'm working on a buuuunch of stuff right now - three papers and trying to figure out what the hell is going on in God Bless the King - but I can't pass up a Fire Emblem game (even if it is apparently based on Awakening, which I find severely overrated and one of the weakest entries in the series >>). Will probably post my app later. Thinking of a (secular) Mage from Bandore, gone to Emerys to provide the equivalent of humanitarian aid.

In the meantime, I had a few questions. Be warned: When it comes to Fire Emblem, and worldbuilding, I am a nerd.

1. Mages... do exist, right? I didn't see them listed under primary classes, but... you already said there'd be a cleric or priest, and those weren't listed either. Plus, I figure it'd be a bit of a waste to list out the rather complicated magic system and then not have any mages. :'u
  2. I assume naming conventions mostly obey Awakening logic, but is there anything special I should know about naming conventions in Bandore?
  3. Why does Bandore employ War Clerics when War Clerics are terrible and Bishops are superior in every way?
  4. Vis-a-vis magic, and resistance thereto: In Awakening, almost every class had higher DEF than RES, and even Mages usually had pretty low RES. In games 6-10, though, mages had RES comparable to physical classes' DEF (i.e. often quite good, depending on the unit), and DEF comparable to physical classes' RES (i.e. awful.) While this doesn't employ a hard stat system, I imagine combat should still reflect the general trends. So, for example, would a Shaman (or whatever the equivalent is in Awakening, I forget) have better physical defence or magical resistance? (That has big influences on what mages' fighting styles were. :u)
  5. What does the bold on some cities' names mean? I thought that referred to capitals at first, but then Xiang Su had two bolded cities. (Sorry if this is a dumb question ^^;;)
  6. Also, what are the capitals of each kingdom? (IDK if Xiang Siu has a capital in the Western/non-nomadic sense of the word, but other than that.)
  7. Is class changing a thing? (I have no idea why I'd ever want to change out of Mage, but would that be an option for other people?)

1. Mages... do exist, right? I didn't see them listed under primary classes, but... you already said there'd be a cleric or priest, and those weren't listed either. Plus, I figure it'd be a bit of a waste to list out the rather complicated magic system and then not have any mages. :'u

7. Is class changing a thing? (I have no idea why I'd ever want to change out of Mage, but would that be an option for other people?)

m-mages do exist they just have not gotten around to posting them yet. y-yosuke made the apps late on friday night i-i was helping him.  and as for the class changes i believe they are working as promotions c-correct me if im wrong cowcow and sethera i-i am just repeating what i remember from yosuke

NOTING. INTEREST. *w*

I'm working on a buuuunch of stuff right now - three papers and trying to figure out what the hell is going on in God Bless the King - but I can't pass up a Fire Emblem game (even if it is apparently based on Awakening, which I find severely overrated and one of the weakest entries in the series >>). Will probably post my app later. Thinking of a (secular) Mage from Bandore, gone to Emerys to provide the equivalent of humanitarian aid.

In the meantime, I had a few questions. Be warned: When it comes to Fire Emblem, and worldbuilding, I am a nerd.

2. I assume naming conventions mostly obey Awakening logic, but is there anything special I should know about naming conventions in Bandore?
  3. Why does Bandore employ War Clerics when War Clerics are terrible and Bishops are superior in every way?
  4. Vis-a-vis magic, and resistance thereto: In Awakening, almost every class had higher DEF than RES, and even Mages usually had pretty low RES. In games 6-10, though, mages had RES comparable to physical classes' DEF (i.e. often quite good, depending on the unit), and DEF comparable to physical classes' RES (i.e. awful.) While this doesn't employ a hard stat system, I imagine combat should still reflect the general trends. So, for example, would a Shaman (or whatever the equivalent is in Awakening, I forget) have better physical defence or magical resistance? (That has big influences on what mages' fighting styles were. :u)
  5. What does the bold on some cities' names mean? I thought that referred to capitals at first, but then Xiang Su had two bolded cities. (Sorry if this is a dumb question ^^;;)
  6. Also, what are the capitals of each kingdom? (IDK if Xiang Siu has a capital in the Western/non-nomadic sense of the word, but other than that.)

1. Yes, the classes aren't all written up yet. Yosuke didn't have the time and for consistency I'd rather he write them up than me.

2. I...well I don't know but I figure any kind of name can work honestly.

3. War Clerics are badass

4. Personally I'd say that yeah there will be some form of stat equivalent. Some classes will naturally be better at certain stats.

5. I have no idea but I assume it either doesn't mean anything, was a mistake, or we'll find out later. XD

6. I can't answer this one either yet sorry.

7. Hrrrm. Well. Logically speaking I wouldn't imagine it makes much sense to train as one thing then suddenly change class into another. But this is something that would have to be discussed among all three of us.

Alright, first: This isn't based off of Awakening. It actually takes place in an entirely different world than Awakening does and I'm not really sure we're everyone is getting the connection from. Anyways...

1. Yes Mages do exist. They're not listed yet, only because web connection was cut off before I got to them. For now though, the main magic classes are Mage, Shaman, Monk, Cleric, and Troubadour.

2. Bandore is based on something of a cross between France and Italy, so either French or Italian names work. Basic fantasy ones do as well.

3. They use both

4. I'll get more in depth on that when I have more time but basically yeh Shamans have more defense or armor than Mages.

5. I'm not sure. It might just be a typo or someone else suggested it.

6. Didn't get a chance to post all of them, but Arkaia is Emerys's capital and Mizool is Gangala's.

7. Yes class changing is a thing.

7. Hrrrm. Well. Logically speaking I wouldn't imagine it makes much sense to train as one thing then suddenly change class into another. But this is something that would have to be discussed among all three of us.

7. Yes class changing is a thing.

Oh my~

Also yeah I actually saw more Sacred Stones mixed with Path of Radiance in this one.

Also also you're really bad at being vanished. ;)

kay I'll refrain from talking too much

Er, sorry, q4 wasn't clear: what I meant was, would Shamans have higher DEF than RES (cf. Tharja), or higher RES than DEF (cf. Knoll)? But thanks for being so accomodating with my questions, and I'll try to get my app up as soon as possible~ :3

Also: The connection with Awakening would be that you named your countries after Emmeryn and Gangrel. ^^;; That, and war clerics are Awakening-only IIRC.

I will note my interest in this, particularly with a character of the Shaman class, since dark magic has always been my favorite thing in Fire Emblem. I'll put up an app probably on Tuesday or Wednesday, since tomorrow is going to be rather busy for me. I just want to know how this game will play out, since it doesn't really seem to be said. Will this be a turn-based strategy RP like the actual game series, or will it be a freeform deal where stats and weapons and whatever else is in your inventory actually doesn't matter?

I will note my interest in this, particularly with a character of the Shaman class, since dark magic has always been my favorite thing in Fire Emblem. I'll put up an app probably on Tuesday or Wednesday, since tomorrow is going to be rather busy for me. I just want to know how this game will play out, since it doesn't really seem to be said. Will this be a turn-based strategy RP like the actual game series, or will it be a freeform deal where stats and weapons and whatever else is in your inventory actually doesn't matter?

It'll be somewhat strategy based and kinda like the game, but if you mean am I going to be bark out orders for where people should go then nah it won't be like that. 

ANYWAYS! Sorry I was gone. The class listing is up now though.... Sorta... Still working on the advanced tiers, and have yet to even touch the Laguz or Monsers yet, but for now, Laguz options are:

Bears = Basically a Tiger

Foxes = Basically a Cat

Owl = Nocturnal Wiser Hawk

Vulture = Douchier Raven

I'll finish the rest when I can and put my app ummm Somewhere.... When I get to it, but for now I've had a long few days, I have not slept a wink, and I am tired. 

[spoiler='Krazen Shulnera']

fEjJVmT.jpg

"The choice was either to serve or die. I chose neither." -Krazen Shulnera

Name: Krazen Shulnera

Class: Shaman

Country of Origin: Gangala

Inventory: Flux (or otherwise level D rank of Dark Magic tomes), Vulnerary 

[spoiler='Personality:']Quiet and reserved, even-tempered, and casual. He isn't one to get mad at the little things, and only really speaks up when he has something to say, but he never speaks formally, even to nobility. He is also an avid reader, whether it be magic in nature or not. He isn't one to put himself in the spotlight, whether or not he actually deserves it, but will acknowledge praise if it comes his way. He doesn't shy away from social interactions, but he will not usually be the one to initiate conversations. When he does get mad, he speaks with a voice much louder than one would think could come out of a man his size.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Appearance']Greyish-silverish hair, green left eye, purple right eye, about average height, pale skin, and lithe muscular structure, Krazen doesn't really stand out too much in a crowd.[/spoiler] 

[spoiler='Biography']A native to Gangala, Krazen Shulnera was born to a mercenary couple in a camp just on the outskirts of Mizool. With both his mother and father adept warriors, they expected their son to be yet another fearsome warrior. They became disappointed, however, when it appeared that Krazen would instead become more adept at magic instead of an axe or a sword, but still cared for their son all the same. His parents were often away to drive out the various bandit factions, so to him, it was like he had multiple parents, the entire mercenary company having looked after him at one point or another, including the gruff captain. He learned at an early age that life in Gangala could be tough, but rewarding all the same, if you fought hard enough for it.

Krazen grew up to be a well-behaved boy, if a little on the quiet side. He preferred to just listen instead of engage in conversation, if he wasn't nose-first in a book or a tome. One such book he read at the age of 8, however, opened his eyes to a new kind of magic: the darker side of magic. It fascinated him, and he read that book three different times. He did all he could to find more books on the subject whenever his parents took him into Mizool, and eventually, he got his hands on a tome of dark magic. It only took him mere minutes without any formal training to cast his first spell, which surprised a wandering mage who happened to be watching, the future leader of Gangala's Royal Mages, Lady Sartoria Valessia. She offered to train Krazen in the ways of dark magic safely, with the permission of his parents, and for two years after that, he learned much in the way of the dark arts. It was then that Sartoria was called into her new role as Grand Warlock, leaving her little time to continue training Krazen, but he had learned enough to keep up his studies on his own. 

He was very attuned to the natures of dark magic, however, and after many years of training, just before his 20th birthday, his right eye changed from a light green to a dark purple. He became effectively blind in that eye, but gained a new sight; he could see the spirits of dark magic as they were cast. As such, he could see where darker magic was concentrated in an area, and when this was known, the new emperor Rathmar himself became interested in his talents, thinking he could be used for spying or otherwise keeping the other countries in check. His use in magic was becoming almost invaluable to the mercenary camp, though, and he certainly wasn't a fan of politics--especially Rathmar's interpretation of it, so he declined. He knew it would be a chance to work with his former mentor again, but he had already heard of her role in Rathmar's politics, how she led executions of those he deemed traitors, so he wasn't ready to face her again, fearing that she let the magic take hold of her, swaying her towards the evil most commonly associated with the darker arts. The emperor put it another way after the declined offer; join him, or be deemed yet another mage that turned traitorous and be executed by Sartoria herself.

Thinking quickly, Krazen told the emperor that he would accept, but wished to tell his parents in person goodbye. Rathmar agreed, and Krazen left to indeed tell his parents goodbye, but not because he was going in service of the emperor, but because he was fleeing to the Emrysian city of Flanoir. He took what little he could, then using his magic to cover his tracks, he slipped past the border of Gangala in the dead of night, and made his way into the country of Emerys, unaware of what his emperor was planning for that country.

[/spoiler]

Skype Info for Skype OOC: stupidguyno9

[/spoiler]

There's the app for my shaman, Krazen Shulnera. The backstory may need tweaking, depending on certain things, but I just worked with what I was given. Hopefully it's acceptable.

[spoiler=Samael]

*No Headshot*

"Aww, you started the fun without me! Ah well. I'll just have to swipe your stuff later~!"

Name: Samael

Race: Laguz (Fox)

Class: Fox Laguz

Country of Origin: The Gray Islands

Inventory:  

• Vulnerary
  • (Small Dagger if allowed?)
  • (Anything required for Laguz transformation, if such exists)

[spoiler=Personality]

Samael is a trickster, plain and simple. Starting as a young child, he would play pranks on his fellows, mostly by stealing something of theirs and 'messing' with it somehow. Later in life, when he began pirating, he used the stealing to relieve boredom and amuse himself while on the ship. He also used thieving to get back at some of the other pirates when they started to get out of hand during the raids. Despite his habits, however, he holds true to his own unique morality, mostly in terms of respecting who a person is. His main form of enjoyment besides stealing is performing various acrobatics in his fox form. Much more nimble as a fox than in his bipedal form, he often annoys others by leaping about and climbing various objects wherever he is. His main flaw is a lack of emotional control - his playful nature can easily switch to anger if he sees someone else violating what he sees as his moral code, and is easily put down by others' insults (beyond simple annoyance with his antics).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

Short for his age at 5'4". Dirty blonde mid-length hair, as well as fur (for his tail and ears). Somewhat thin and lithe, with an angular face. Grey eyes. Wears a brown tunic with black pants, with a tooth necklace.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

Samael was born and raised in the Gray Islands, on a small island occupied by Fox Laguz. Growing up, he was a trickster, pulling pranks and stealing whenever the opportunity arose. This did not make him well-liked, and few others befriended him, especially since he was not much of a storyteller. Samael preferred instead to be the one doing things worth telling stories about. He had a silver tongue, able to convince most of the other tribe members that he was innocent of wrongdoing up until there was hard evidence against him, but in storytelling his skill was lacking.

Due to all of these factors, he soon decided to join one of the pirate ships that attacked the merchant ships off of Bandore and Gangala. He built a raft in secret, and when he saw a ship nearing, he used his raft to get out to it. Luckily for him, it was one of the Laguz pirate ships that just happened to be passing by.

When told that Samael wished to join his crew, the captain allowed him to join. With his propensity for theft and mischief, he was able to gain respect by helping to find valuables quickly while boarding the merchant ships, ferreting out hiding spots for various objects within the cabins.

Despite his profession, however, Samael still had moral standards, and he would quickly become angry when he saw other pirates going against what he thought was moral - for example, brutalizing a foe beyond what was necessary to defeat them. Instead of directly attacking or confronting them, Samael would use his thieving skills to get revenge, stealing important things and hiding them on the ship (sometimes even in another offender's cabin, to cause a fight between the two).

[/spoiler]

Skype Info for Skype OOC: Will send in a DM if necessary

meep

[/spoiler]

Well Riku all done. Let me know if anything needs fixing

[spoiler= Riku Tsukiko]

2ebtiep.jpg

“I guess I don't mind playing the hero for a little bit... I'll slay the dragon. You'll get the girl. Then we'll go grab a drink or something!” 

Name: Riku Tsukiko
Race: Human
Class:  Myrmidon
Country of Origin:Xiang Siu

[spoiler= Inventory] 

Katana x2: Two standard steel Katana that Riku carries to complement Black queen. Prone to breaking under extreme stress. 

shock_katana_by_artyfakes-d57feu5.jpg

"The only woman that doesn't scare the crap out of me..."  

The Black Queen: The demon child of the Broadsword and the katana; this blade the pride of the Tsukiko clan, and the symbol of it's heir. Forged by a collection Xiang siu's greatest blacksmiths, this blade is a lethal twenty five inches of beauty that would catch the eye of any knowledgable swordsman. 

2x concoction 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Personality]

"Anything beats going back home..."

On the surface, Riku comes off as a rather lighthearted and whimsical person; always eager to offer a snarky remark, and constantly retaining his ever present smirk even whilst in the most deadly of combat scenarios. Having spent most of his early life training with his clan, he holds very little actual knowledge of the outside world aside from what he was taught by his tutors. Consequently, he displays an almost childlike amusement when encountering new situations and is always eager to meet new people. Though he is usually extremely personable and exceedingly charming; Riku suffers from a minor case of gynophobia, and is known to get extremely uncomfortable in close proximity of the opposite sex. This make him extremely submissive when confronted by attractive women, but is only one of the many reasons he fears his wife, Mei. Riku is for the most part able to ignore this fear during combat, but even then he will try his hardest to avoid any personal contact with females, be it friend or foe. 

One the reverse side of his care free and frivolous nature is the shrewdness of a pureblooded Tsukiko swordsman. His skill with the sword is only rivaled by his keen observations, and it often comes to the surprise of many that Riku is astonishingly competent at reading people and situations, and even better at manipulating them to his liking. Ironically, in contrast to his amazing battle sense, his sense of direction is laughable terrible, and he has become known for getting lost even when following the most detailed of directions. He feels a small degree of guilt for abandoning his clan, and frequently sends letters back home to assure his father of his safety- though, he is very careful to not disclose his location.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Appearance ]

f1f0a29186_md.jpg

"If you're going to ask about the eye, don't bother..."

Standing at 6ft, with a relatively toned but slim build and a right eye that holds sanguine hue. It has been stated on multiple occasions that Riku bares a striking resemblance to the legendary hero, Dragon Slayer Sasaki Siu. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Biography]

"Dammit... Who sent you? Mei or my Old man?" 

Born as the sole heir of the Tsukiko clan, Gideon has always had to meet extraordinarily high expectations. Known for their renowned Swordmasters, the Tsukiko clan begins training their youth as soon has they’re able to hold the blade, and teaches them all the traits needed to become living weapons. Riku was no exception, and it would seem that Sasaki Siu’s blood flows strongly through the boy’s veins; by the age of eighteen he had already proven himself to be a genius in the way of the sword, and was praised as a prodigy by nearly every mentor he crossed blades with.

Though even with his extraordinary skill in the art of killing, the head of the clan, Riku’s father new that the boy’s personality was not that of a clan leader. Riku was far to undisciplined, and lacked the sense of responsibility needed commanded his people. Always fantasizing about the outside world, the boy needed something to tie him to Xiang Siu, and his father thought he knew exactly what could be. A family.

Completely unaware of his son’s fear of women, the head of the Tsukiko clan arranged for Riku to be married to the heir of the neighboring clan, the beautiful Mei Taifu. Though they were met with a large degree of… resistance from Riku, the two clans were finally able to corner and subdue him, and the ceremony was completed. Unfortunately, after the night the two presumably consummated their marriage Mei reported that Riku escaped, and had fled Xiang Siu. Oddly enough, she seemed completely unbothered by her husband’s sudden departure, and somehow managed to convince his father to not send the royal guard after him immediately. 

A year later, Riku now finds himself constantly on the run from both the Taifuu, and Tsukiko clans. Originally hoping to journey through Gangala to enjoy it's vast wilderness, fate and his horrid sense direction seemed to have other plans, and have led him to Emerys.     

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Archived