Fire Emblem: Alter [OOC/Temporarily Not Accepting] [PG-16] [Co-hosted by Sethera and Lord CowCow]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

questions for Von Hollow: why does a native and scion of Xiang Su have such a western/Emerys-like name? ^^;; And why is he afraid of women? I know Lon'qu was (friggin' one-dimensional Awakening characters *launches into tirade about Awakening*), but at least he had an excuse. :P

questions for hosts: How many characters are we allowed to have? I ask because at the moment the party's DEF is so low they'd break in a stiff breeze. :P I could play an Armour Knight to make up the gap, but I'm loath to give up my current character idea, so... what's the limit?

I might be able to post my app today? I should be free enough tomorrow, but today is still a bit iffy.

questions for Von Hollow: why does a native and scion of Xiang Su have such a western/Emerys-like name? ^^;; And why is he afraid of women? I know Lon'qu was (friggin' one-dimensional Awakening characters *launches into tirade about Awakening*), but at least he had an excuse. :P

questions for hosts: How many characters are we allowed to have? I ask because at the moment the party's DEF is so low they'd break in a stiff breeze. :P I could play an Armour Knight to make up the gap, but I'm loath to give up my current character idea, so... what's the limit?

I might be able to post my app today? I should be free enough tomorrow, but today is still a bit iffy.

No offense but could you leave the questions about characters to me, Yosuke, and Sethera for now? It'd be a lot easier.

Anyway I'd say depends how many people we get but for now, two should be fine.

Well Gideons all done. Let me know if anything needs fixing

[spoiler=Gideon Tsukiko]

2ebtiep.jpg

“I guess I don't mind playing the hero for a little bit... I'll slay the dragon. You'll get the girl. Then we'll go grab a drink or something!” 

Name: Gideon Tsukiko
Race: Human
Class:  Myrmidon
Country of Origin:Xiang Siu

[spoiler= Inventory] 

Katana x2: Two standard steel Katana that Gideon carries to complement Black queen. Prone to breaking under extreme stress. 

shock_katana_by_artyfakes-d57feu5.jpg

"The only woman that doesn't scare the crap out of me..."  

The Black Queen: The demon child of the Broadsword and the katana; this blade the pride of the Tsukiko clan, and the symbol of it's heir. Forged by a collection Xiang siu's greatest blacksmiths, this blade is a lethal twenty five inches of beauty that would catch the eye of any knowledgable swordsman. 

2x concoction 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Personality]

"Anything beats going back home..."

On the surface, Gideon comes off as a rather lighthearted and whimsical person; always eager to offer a snarky remark, and constantly retaining his ever present smirk even whilst in the most deadly of combat scenarios. Having spent most of his early life training with his clan, he holds very little actual knowledge of the outside world aside from what he was taught by his tutors. Consequently, he displays an almost childlike amusement when encountering new situations and is always eager to meet new people. Though he is usually extremely personable and exceedingly charming; Gideon suffers from a minor case of gynophobia, and is known to get extremely uncomfortable in close proximity of the opposite sex. This make him extremely submissive when confronted by attractive women, but is only one of the many reasons he fears his wife, Mei. Gideon is for the most part able to ignore this fear during combat, but even then he will try his hardest to avoid any personal contact with females, be it friend or foe. 

One the reverse side of his care free and frivolous nature is the shrewdness of a pureblooded Tsukiko swordsman. His skill with the sword is only rivaled by his keen observations, and it often comes to the surprise of many that Gideon is astonishingly competent at reading people and situations, and even better at manipulating them to his liking. Ironically, in contrast to his amazing battle sense, his sense of direction is laughable terrible, and he has become known for getting lost even when following the most detailed of directions. He feels a small degree of guilt for abandoning his clan, and frequently sends letters back home to assure his father of his safety- though, he is very careful to not disclose his location.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Appearance ]

f1f0a29186_md.jpg

"If you're going to ask about the eye, don't bother..."

Standing at 6ft, with a relatively toned but slim build and a right eye that holds sanguine hue. It has been stated on multiple occasions that Gideon bares a striking resemblance to the legendary hero, Dragon Slayer Sasaki Siu.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Biography]

"Dammit... Who sent you? Mei or my Old man?" 

Born as the sole heir of the Tsukiko clan, Gideon has always had to meet extraordinarily high expectations. Known for their renowned Swordmasters, the Tsukiko clan begins training their youth as soon has they’re able to hold the blade, and teaches them all the traits needed to become living weapons. Gideon was no exception, and it would seem that Sasaki Siu’s blood flows strongly through the boy’s veins; by the age of eighteen he had already proven himself to be a genius in the way of the sword, and was praised as a prodigy by nearly every mentor he crossed blades with.

Though even with his extraordinary skill in the art of killing, the head of the clan, Gideon’s father new that the boy’s personality was not that of a clan leader. Gideon was far to undisciplined, and lacked the sense of responsibility needed commanded his people. Always fantasizing about the outside world, the boy needed something to tie him to Xiang Siu, and his father thought he knew exactly what could be. A family.

Completely unaware of his son’s fear of women, the head of the Tsukiko clan arranged for Gideon to be married to the heir of the neighboring clan, the beautiful Mei Adachi. Though they were met with a large degree of… resistance from Gideon, the two clans were finally able to corner and subdue him, and the ceremony was completed. Unfortunately, after the night the two presumably consummated their marriage Mei reported that Gideon escaped, and had fled Xiang Siu. Oddly enough, she seemed completely unbothered by her husband’s sudden departure, and somehow managed to convince his father to not send the royal guard after him immediately. 

A year later, Gideon now finds himself constantly on the run from both the Adachi, and Tsukiko clans. Originally hoping to journey through Gangala to enjoy it's vast wilderness, fate and his horrid sense direction seemed to have other plans, and have led him to Emerys.     

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I do worry that he comes off as overpowered. He's got super skills, is an heir to a clan, and has special weapons. Would have to check with Yosuke but that's my first impression.

The name, yeah that seems kinda weird. However the fear of women. You don't have to explain it really. If you want to go for it. It could help with fleshing out the character. But phobias aren't always caused by something.

[spoiler=Character App]

*No Headshot*

"Aww, you started the fun without me! Ah well. I'll just have to swipe your stuff later~!"

Name: Samael

Race: Laguz (Fox)

Class: Fox Laguz

Country of Origin: The Gray Islands

Inventory:  

• Vulnerary
  • (Small Dagger if allowed?)
  • (Anything required for Laguz transformation, if such exists)

Personality:

• Samael is a trickster, plain and simple. Starting as a young child, he would play pranks on his fellows, mostly by stealing something of theirs and 'messing' with it somehow. Later in life, when he began pirating, he used the stealing to reduce stress (his own, of course - he usually created more for his crewmates) while out and about. Despite his habits, however, he holds true to his own unique morality, mostly in terms of respecting who a person is. His main form of enjoyment besides stealing is performing various acrobatics in his fox form. Much more nimble as a fox than in his bipedal form, he often annoys others by leaping about and climbing various objects wherever he is. His main flaw is a lack of emotional control - his playful nature can easily switch to anger if he sees someone else violating what he sees as his moral code, and is easily put down by others' insults (beyond simple annoyance with his antics).

Appearance:

• Short for his age at 5'4". Dirty blonde hair, as well as fur (for his tail and ears). Somewhat thin and lithe, with an angular face. Grey eyes. 

Biography:

• WIP (Mostly from personality, but details pending due to want for more info on The Gray Islands and Laguz)

Skype Info for Skype OOC: Will send in a DM if necessary

[/spoiler]

Obviously WIP so just gonna ask. How does stealing reduce stress, and why does he have stress in the first place?

[spoiler='Krazen Shulnera']

fEjJVmT.jpg

"The choice was either to serve or die. I chose neither." -Krazen Shulnera

Name: Krazen Shulnera

Race: Human

Class: Shaman

Country of Origin: Gangala

Inventory: Flux (or otherwise level D rank of Dark Magic tomes), Vulnerary 

Personality: Quiet and reserved, even-tempered, and casual. He isn't one to get mad at the little things, and only really speaks up when he has something to say, but he never speaks formally, even to nobility. He is also an avid reader, whether it be magic in nature or not.

Appearance: Greyish-silverish hair, green left eye, purple right eye, about average height, pale skin, and lithe muscular structure, Krazen doesn't really stand out too much in a crowd. 

Biography: A native to Gangala, Krazen Shulnera was born to a mercenary couple in a camp just on the outskirts of Mizool. With both his mother and father adept warriors, they expected their son to be yet another fearsome warrior. They became disappointed, however, when it appeared that Krazen would instead become more adept at magic instead of an axe or a sword, but still cared for their son all the same. His parents were often away to drive out the various bandit factions, so to him, it was like he had multiple parents, the entire mercenary company having looked after him at one point or another, including the gruff captain. He learned at an early age that life in Gangala could be tough, but rewarding all the same, if you fought hard enough for it.

Krazen grew up to be a well-behaved boy, if a little on the quiet side. He preferred to just listen instead of engage in conversation, if he wasn't nose-first in a book or a tome. One such book he read at the age of 8, however, opened his eyes to a new kind of magic: the darker side of magic. It fascinated him, and he read that book three different times. He did all he could to find more books on the subject whenever his parents took him into Mizool, and eventually, he got his hands on a tome of dark magic. It only took him mere minutes without any formal training to cast his first spell, which surprised a wandering mage who happened to be watching. He offered to train Krazen in the ways of dark magic safely, with the permission of his parents, and for two years after that, he learned much in the way of the dark arts. Krazen was taught, though, that dark magic was just a tool, not a way of life, and was never to sway his views towards good or evil. 

He was very attuned to the natures of dark magic, however, and after many years of training, at the age of 19, his right eye changed from a light green to a dark purple. He became effectively blind in that eye, but gained a new sight; he could see the spirits of dark magic as they were cast. As such, he could see where darker magic was concentrated in an area, and when this was known, the new emperor Rathmar himself became interested in his talents, thinking he could be used for spying or otherwise keeping the other countries in check. His use in magic was becoming almost invaluable to the mercenary camp, though, and he certainly wasn't a fan of politics--especially Rathmar's interpretation of it, so he declined. Rathmar wasn't one to take rejection, especially in such a casual manner, so he gave him an ultimatum; either become his magical spy, or be put to the sword.

Thinking quickly, Krazen told the emperor that he would accept, but wished to tell his parents in person goodbye. Rathmar agreed, and Krazen left to indeed tell his parents goodbye, but not because he was going in service of the emperor, but because he was fleeing to the Emrysian capital of Arkaia. He took what little he could, then using his magic to cover his tracks, he slipped past the border of Gangala in the dead of night, and made his way into the country of Emerys, unaware of what his emperor was planning for that country.

Skype Info for Skype OOC: stupidguyno9

[/spoiler]

There's the app for my shaman, Krazen Shulnera. The backstory may need tweaking, depending on certain things, but I just worked with what I was given. Hopefully it's acceptable.

Try and put stuff such as Personality, Appearance, Bio, anything that is a bit lengthy, into spoilers.

Anyway.
The personality is too short. I know it says one paragraph but that's not even that.
Would have to check with Yosuke to make sure the Bio is fine, as it directly interacts with the plot.

Obviously WIP so just gonna ask. How does stealing reduce stress, and why does he have stress in the first place?

My reasoning for the "stealing reduces stress" is that for him, it's an amusing activity, the same way some people read or play games to reduce stress. He gets to mess with people and watch them freak out over it.
I probably should've gone with 'boredom' or just that he does it for fun instead of saying stress, though. It's less that he gets stressed, and more that he just gets tired/bored occasionally with the pirating, or distracts himself. He also uses it as a way to get back at any of his crewmates that go a little too far while pirating.
I'll add that all to the personality part. Thanks for pointing it out!

My reasoning for the "stealing reduces stress" is that for him, it's an amusing activity, the same way some people read or play games to reduce stress. He gets to mess with people and watch them freak out over it.
I probably should've gone with 'boredom' or just that he does it for fun instead of saying stress, though. It's less that he gets stressed, and more that he just gets tired/bored occasionally with the pirating, or distracts himself. He also uses it as a way to get back at any of his crewmates that go a little too far while pirating.
I'll add that all to the personality part. Thanks for pointing it out!

Ahh okay then. No problem, happy to help. ^^ Thanks for explaining so well.

Try and put stuff such as Personality, Appearance, Bio, anything that is a bit lengthy, into spoilers.

Anyway.
The personality is too short. I know it says one paragraph but that's not even that.
Would have to check with Yosuke to make sure the Bio is fine, as it directly interacts with the plot.

Put those categories into spoilers, and did what I could to make the personality a bit longer, though I honestly think it's just fluff. Since Yosuke didn't say anything about the character, I'm going to guess he's going to let it fly, unless he hasn't actually read any apps. 

Well honestly the phobia is simply a homage of sorts to an older character I played in another one of Yosuke's Rps... so I'm afraid they only way you'd get more of an explanation on that would be to force my hand and have a character ask him or something ^^; 

I do worry that he comes off as overpowered. He's got super skills, is an heir to a clan, and has special weapons. Would have to check with Yosuke but that's my first impression.

The name, yeah that seems kinda weird. However the fear of women. You don't have to explain it really. If you want to go for it. It could help with fleshing out the character. But phobias aren't always caused by something.

Regarding the name... yea, now that it has been brought to my attention it does seem off. I'll make the switch to a more eastern sounding one asap. 

And of course if he seems too op, just say the word and I'll tone him down wherever necessary. 

Alright I reworked my app now, I took out some stuff and made the personality a bit longer, not sure if this is what the host wanted but think its close. :o

[spoiler=Mage App]Name: Myth 

Class: Mage

Country of Origin: Emerys

Inventory: Wind Tome, Thunder Tome, Vulnerary  

[spoiler=Personality]He used to be a cheery person who loved to be around anyone and everyone, that was before the sudden Gangala invasion. After the lose of his parents he had become cold, bitter distrusting of anyone.  He strives to become stronger and determined to obtain answers to why his life was taken form him. He stays passive towards others often acting as a loner, always judging anyone that gets to close to him. He wanted to abandon anything that remind him of his past life, this includes his own name because anything from that "life" makes him depressed. Although he seems depressed and often distant from people, when given a task he completes it and doesn't stop until its complete. He is grateful to anyone that helps him out and will repay the favor, the few times he will willingly interact with other people.   [/spoiler]   

[spoiler=Appearance] He wears a dark green ragged shirt and black pants with grey boots that his pants are tucked into. He also wears a black travelers cape that opens down in front of him so that he may use his arms without having to take the cape off. He carries a messenger like bag under his cape where he stores his tomes and any other miscellaneous items that he needs to survive. He wears a muffler, black in color, that wraps around his neck that covers up his mouth and nose that was given to him by his mother for his 12th birthday. His hair is short and strait with a little spikes at the tips of his hair which are dyed dark green with the roots of his hair remaining black. He stands up to about 5.7 ft tall, his shoulders are close together and a slender figure. On his right fore arm he has a gauntlet that has leaf pattern engraved into the metal. [/spoiler]     

[spoiler=Biography]His village was close to the border between the two countries and thus one of the first to fall to the sudden slaughter. Everyone he knew from friends to family were slaughtered. Originally his parents were accomplished Sagas that taught him a little magic before they were killed. He was hidden under the floor boards of his house. His parents have been out of practice in combat magic for years so they were quickly dispatched. After it was certain that the invaders had moved on, he crept out of the floor boards and began to search for his parents. He found their bodies almost unrecognizable. He buried their bodies, sobbing the whole time as he buried them. After that he looked around for survivors, but to his dismay it looked like everyone was dead, bodies so burnt or disfigured beyond recognition, he honestly believed he had been sent to hell. He began to wonder if anyone had gotten away, a slim hope that he hoped was true. He spent a few days before deciding to leave and find out what was the cause of this sudden invasion. He cast off old name and renamed himself Myth. 

He took a insignia off a armor plate that he had never seen before, assuming that it was his attackers, he left his village. He spent many days wandering, looking for signs of his attackers or people that could know of the attack on his village. He came to many villages that ended in the same faith his village did, he found a few survivors who were grieving just like he had weeks before, he showed the armor plate insignia to a few of them and they told him it was from the Gangala Army. Enraged he threw the plate away and vowed vengeance against Gangala. An old man, survivor at one of the villages he visited spoke of a Prince of Gangala who had cast away his tittle of prince and went into hiding. The old man said that if Myth wanted vengeance, then uniting under the banner of that prince was the best way to do it. Myth thanked the old man and left some supplies that he had gathered from other villages for the survivors that he found and left to find this nameless prince that held the key to his revenge on the country that took everything from him. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]    

DAMMIT ANOTHER MAGE ADSFISFGSDLFSDJKFHLSD

...*ahem*

Well there goes my character idea. :''''''u Will post... probably-tomorrow with an armour knight, because at this point we're reaching mage saturation and no one has any DEF. (And that should preferably not be our Paladin, because the whole point of that Paladin is to sit there and do nothing. sob sob.)

Eh...I could potentially make a second character, myself. I've always been pretty good at running more than one character, even all in one post. It'll take me a while to come up with something good, though, with all the information in the database so far. More than likely would come up with a cavalier going into great knight, or possibly a wyvern rider. Probably could come up with it in a few days if I have to. I most certainly would love to keep Krazen, though, and to be fair, shamans tend to have higher DEF than their other magical counterparts.

Speaking of shamans, is druid possibly on the table as a promoted class? As it stands, it seems that Dark Knights and Sorcerers are supposed to be evil, and Krazen clearly won't be. Plus, neither can use staves, and I kind of want Krazen to be able to pick that up, so perhaps druid can be added with dark magic and staves being their weapon choices, like they were in Sealed Sword and Blazing Sword. Just a thought.

Well if all the apps pan out we have

1 Cleric

1 Myrmidon

1 Shaman

1 Mage

1 Fox Laguz

1 Hero (mine)

And whatever everyone else does.

I think?

Perfect number of magic units probably.

Anyway. Nightwinds and naoremonth, please put things into spoilers like the other apps, it'll be a lot easier to look through. ^^;

I'll give my thoughts on Nightwind's mage a bit later.

Edit: Sorcerers are basically Druids. About the staves, well will think on it but I'm not sure.

Put stuff in spoilers. Sorry, saw other people mention it and I didn't even think about it. XP

If anyone else sees anything else I should add, please let me know. Don't have a backstory besides the stuff in the personality because there's not much on the Gray Islands and the Laguz nation, but I can write up something if necessary.

Anyway.

Well the weapon I honestly have little problem with because it's not like it's a magic weapon really. It's special, but it's more just aesthetically different.

Put those categories into spoilers, and did what I could to make the personality a bit longer, though I honestly think it's just fluff. Since Yosuke didn't say anything about the character, I'm going to guess he's going to let it fly, unless he hasn't actually read any apps. 

The bio, as long as it doesn't directly affect the plot. Honestly, if he left Rathmar would probably not pursue him and instead just be like "Welp. That sucks." then kill the mercenary encampment as a punishment.

And I did read the app, but CowCow pointed out my main issue with it before I could really get to that, so I kinda felt like it'd be redundant at that point.

Put stuff in spoilers. Sorry, saw other people mention it and I didn't even think about it. XP

If anyone else sees anything else I should add, please let me know. Don't have a backstory besides the stuff in the personality because there's not much on the Gray Islands and the Laguz nation, but I can write up something if necessary.

I didn't know if you knew how to put things in spoilers actually o.o" Well yeah in case you don't know it's just spoiler= whatever you want to right and then bio or appearance, etc, then /spoiler all in these little [] thing.

Also, Yosuke and Sethera.Probably should put up a WIP so that at least people have an idea what classes we'll all have and such.

Oh, and Gensokian. Looks about right. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't too little is all. ^^

I!... Probably should yeah o.o" I'll work on it after my Alive post

The bio, as long as it doesn't directly affect the plot. Honestly, if he left Rathmar would probably not pursue him and instead just be like "Welp. That sucks." then kill the mercenary encampment as a punishment.

And I did read the app, but CowCow pointed out my main issue with it before I could really get to that, so I kinda felt like it'd be redundant at that point.

I kind of figured that he would kill the mercenaries, but didn't want to put that in the bio, just in case. If nothing else, it may be a character-developing moment at some point in the story if we get to that. I guess that the main problem was the personality section, as well.

Also, did you see my suggestion about a druid path for shamans? Your thoughts on that? It's mostly just because I don't see Krazen picking up a sword as a Dark Knight, nor do I see him casting Nature magic, since he's so entwined with the darker stuff, not to mention that both promoted classes seem to be destined towards evil, which Krazen will not be. I see him more wanting to pick up support with staves, as well as blow up enemies from the inside with dark magic.

Re: Nightwinds: Two things. 1) Wait, is hair dye a thing in this time period? 2) What would your fighting style be? I would assume he was a bit like Lilina - his drive for revenge would give him tremendously powerful spells, but since he's mostly self-taught, he wouldn't really know how to do things like "aim." But that's just my premature assumption. I ask because I'd like to introduce a mage of my own who'd have an academic background, so she could be a lot less powerful, but quicker and more skilled.

Re: Baron von Hollow: http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/japanese :P

Question for hosts: Where will we start the game? Is the backstory I provided useful for getting Alessia to interact with the other characters fast?

In general: I think I would still like to reserve that mage, if that's all right. She doesn't fit too well with this party in terms of combat, I know, but I think her personality and background would help the characters we do have develop a lot. Myth needs a mentor to calm him down, for example, and a fellow mage with a bit more experience seems an ideal candidate for that. :v

That said, here's my armour knight, Alessa Campo of Bandore:

[spoiler=Alessa Campo of Bandore]

(oh I wish I could do FE headshots that’d help my hacking so goddamn much)

“Are you all right? Stay behind me – I’ll protect you.”

Name: Alessa Campo

Class: Knight

Country of Origin: Bandore

Inventory: Iron Lance (45/45), Javelin (20/20), Vulnerary (3/3)

[spoiler=Personality]Alessia is a bit like a six-foot-tall puppy. She looks at the world with wide eyes, takes in unforeseen sights. She goes to explore the unknown with open curiosity, but stumbles on the way there. She’s not smart by any means, and she has trouble remembering instructions, but in certain contexts she can be innovative. She likes to play, and talk, and be with friends. She loves to help others, and wants above all else to do the right thing. When it comes to morality, her thoughts can be surprisingly deep and philosophical, thanks to her frequent talks with the clerics at her local church.

Alessa assumes little and wants little. She couldn’t remember all the details of the church’s moral code if she tried, so she tends to operate largely by intuition and philosophy: love your neighbour; everyone is innocent until proven guilty; don’t judge people you don’t know. She doesn’t want much out of life; she finds fulfilment in helping others and in building relationships with friends.

She’s not completely naïve – she is a twenty-year-old woman, after all. She knows well enough how not to give money to scammers; jokes don’t fly over her head; she can dole out snarky replies to her fellow soldiers’ off-colour jokes as well as anyone. But she does assume the best in everyone, and she’s a goody-two-shoes at heart. That might be her biggest flaw as well as her biggest strength: those who know how to manipulate honest men will find Alessa putty in their hands.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]In spite of her personality, Alessa looks rather intimidating. She stands at about six feet, which for a woman is quite imposing, and her broad-shouldered, muscular frame and rough jawline are imposing to match. She doesn’t keep her dry, brown hair very well; her hands are huge and callused; her face is often dirty. The only windows to her docile personality are her wide green eyes – but even those lurk beneath heavy brows, and can, in a fight, settle into a passionate intensity. Bloodlust has never seized upon her features; instead, her face sets into stoic lines, calmly inspired. On normal days, she wears a simple tunic and pants, along with a traveller’s cloak if it’s not too hot out. Her figure does not lend itself to most dresses. In battle, she wears the white-and-gold armour of a knight of Bandore: a round helm, a huge shield, and an armour skirt.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]Alessa has a history of getting pushed around. Born a farmer’s daughter in rural Bandore, Alessa’s big body made her extremely clumsy. Practically as soon as she was out of the cradle she was breaking her elder siblings’ toys. For a while she worked on the family farm, but she managed to botch most of the jobs she got. Though Alessa loved (and still loves) animals, something about the way she carried herself terrified the horses and livestock. Only the family dogs could stand her. While she’d probably have excelled at tilling fields, to do so would be a step down: the Campos farmed livestock, a slightly higher-class profession.

Alessa did succeed in sports, out-fencing all her siblings in the stick wars they fought in their rare free time. Her reception at church was a mixed bag: on the one hand, she was hardly the pinnacle of feminine grace, and especially as she grew into her adolescence, she tended to knock things over and bump into people. On the other hand, she was an eager, puppy-like student in religion classes, and the clerics soon came to admire her open mind and humble heart. Perhaps Alessa cottoned to religion simply because of the clerics’ kindness: none too sharp and always awkward, she made few friends her own age. Regardless, she became friends with the clerics at her church.

She joined the army at their recommendation. Though she was loath to leave her beloved family, she was doing more harm than good around the house, and the army needed help. Their cause, for once, was clear: Gangala had launched an unprovoked invasion of Emerys, and Bandore’s army stood ready to keep the peace and maintain a political balance. Play-fighting with her siblings had given her strength, cunning, and creativity in battle beyond the average foot-soldier, and for once, her large stature worked in her favour. Rather than joining the ranks of the lightly armoured foot-soldiers, Alessa began training as an Armour Knight.

Unfortunately, the situation in Emerys turned sour quickly. Gangala’s actions became far more brutal than expected, and the army of Emerys, severely demoralized and fraying from mass desertions, folded beneath the Gangalan onslaught. Alessa caught wind of a small group of mages, clerics, alchemists, and merchants preparing to travel to Emerys to help the downtrodden people. For once, she decided to stand up for herself: she asked her commanding officer to assign her to the group of knights protecting the aid workers. Though her commanding officer was hesitant, the bishop overseeing that section of the army was impressed by Alessa’s conviction and recommended she go. The commanding officer, looking at Alessa’s not-unimpressive record, didn’t take much convincing.

Alessa marches into battle armed with the weapons of a knight of Bandore: a spear, a shield, and a cause. The spear will rebuke sin and cruelty; the shield will protect the innocent; the cause will carry Alessa to victory.[/spoiler]

Skype Info for Skype OOC: Honestly, I prefer to reserve Skype for personal business and use the thread for OoC information. (Plus, I find it easier to coordinate things on fora than on Skype; that way I don’t have to worry about when people are on or anything.) I can provide my Skype info if necessary, but if it’s possible I’d rather not mix business with pleasure. Or in this case, pleasure with a different kind of pleasure. Or something. Uh.

[/spoiler]

Hopefully that's all right. It might take me a while to get back to it - I have to post in God Bless the King, and finish an essay, and study for my last final, all over the next couple days - but I will get back to it. I know appearance isn't exactly two paragraphs, but I could only go on for so long. :'v

Changed the name to Riku. Oh, and question: I don't recall seeing any myrmidons duel wielding, but they all seem to carry multiple swords... would it be a problem if Riku's combat style makes use of all three of his weapons?

If he's going to use all three swords at once, may as well call him Zolo. Or Zoro, 'cause Japanese One Piece is really the only One Piece.

lol as in duel wielding. I'd assume that Black queen would be heavier then an ordinary katana, so I figured he would be forced to wield that with both hands. Though, the image of Riku trying to fight with Black queen crammed in his mouth was quite amusing...

Dual wielding seems like it'd pose a few problems. For one thing, the animation doesn't match :'P The main problem I can think of though is, well, say you're dual-wielding a LIght Brand and a Lancereaver - what happens? How would that even work? If he has whatever range he wants, weapon triangle immunity, etc., that seems broken. Any other mix would be hella complicated to sort out. (Other problematic combos include, say, anything with a Runesword.)

If you want him to use multiple weapons, you can always have him switch his weapons frequently in battle - maybe work in a bit of iaido, repeatedly sheathing and drawing weapons on the fly as a form of attack and connecting a little more to Xiang Su's fighting style?

I mean, if the GMs can sort out a form of dual-wielding that supports those weird combos, then it isn't a problem, but... things could get complicated fast as we accumulate newer, cooler weapons.

Dual wielding seems like it'd pose a few problems. For one thing, the animation doesn't match :'P The main problem I can think of though is, well, say you're dual-wielding a LIght Brand and a Lancereaver - what happens? How would that even work? If he has whatever range he wants, weapon triangle immunity, etc., that seems broken. Any other mix would be hella complicated to sort out. (Other problematic combos include, say, anything with a Runesword.)

If you want him to use multiple weapons, you can always have him switch his weapons frequently in battle - maybe work in a bit of iaido, repeatedly sheathing and drawing weapons on the fly as a form of attack and connecting a little more to Xiang Su's fighting style?

I mean, if the GMs can sort out a form of dual-wielding that supports those weird combos, then it isn't a problem, but... things could get complicated fast as we accumulate newer, cooler weapons.

Actually screw the dual wielding. I could have alot more fun playing with the Iaido idea...  

Archived