Fire Emblem: Alter [OOC/Temporarily Not Accepting] [PG-16] [Co-hosted by Sethera and Lord CowCow]

Re:Supreme Gamemaster 

I was going with something like from Heath in Sword of Flame. As for the fighting style I like your idea of how he has a lot of power but no accuracy, he tries to learn spells that he can't control and uses mostly a aoe kind of fighting style. Thought the hosts would have to agree with this i suppose?   

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going with something like from Heath in Sword of Flame. As for the fighting style I like your idea of how he has a lot of power but no accuracy, he tries to learn spells that he can't control and uses mostly a aoe kind of fighting style. Thought the hosts would have to agree with this i suppose?   

w-wait for the hosts to look at it before making anything final t-there are three of them so they might have to discuss it

THREE mages? ...geez, that's way too many owo;;;;;;;;;;

EDIT: oooh, three hosts. nvm :V Well, I mean, IDK why it'd be a problem, really. Shouldn't it be up to the player to decide their own fighting style, so long as it's within reason?

b-but i think there are set rules to follow to l-like no one can be to overpowered and things s-so its just better if they look at it just to be sure

Also, did you see my suggestion about a druid path for shamans? Your thoughts on that? It's mostly just because I don't see Krazen picking up a sword as a Dark Knight, nor do I see him casting Nature magic, since he's so entwined with the darker stuff, not to mention that both promoted classes seem to be destined towards evil, which Krazen will not be. I see him more wanting to pick up support with staves, as well as blow up enemies from the inside with dark magic.

I did see it, but Druids are not gonna be a thing in this. Mostly because thinking about what Druids are in lore, it makes literally no sense whatsoever that a Druid would use Dark Magic. The staff sure, but why would tree hugging nature lovers use magic that is commonly used to destroy nature? If they used Light or Nature magic it might make more sense but as it stands it's just silly.

Also, I mentioned this with the Mercenary class in the database, but just because it's a "dark" class doesn't mean it or anyone who follows that path is evil. I just wrote it that way because it's hard to make 30+ classes sound interesting and also make them sound different when there's only so much to them to begin with. I could have expanded more maybe, but do you really want to read a paragraph about how every class is cool in their own special way? For Troubadour I put "Cleric with a horse" for a reason xD

I gotta disagree with that. Having a self taught mage with power but no control is one thing, but a mage with no control and powerful AOE's could only be a hindrance to an army. Think of it this way. Would you want an ally who could blow up a lot of enemies, but also blow up your army and possibly himself at the same time?

Well, I mean, IDK why it'd be a problem, really. Shouldn't it be up to the player to decide their own fighting style, so long as it's within reason?

Yes but a self taught mage, no matter how powerful, shouldn't be able to use massive attacks like that both for the fact that he shouldn't technically know them and because he'd prove to be a strategic disadvantage as I stated above. That aside, he's still a novice too. Why would he know advanced attacks like that if he were a novice? Overall, while I don't mind the trade off of more power for less control, the trade off wasn't actually even and would therefore fall outside of reasonable ability.

I did see it, but Druids are not gonna be a thing in this. Mostly because thinking about what Druids are in lore, it makes literally no sense whatsoever that a Druid would use Dark Magic. The staff sure, but why would tree hugging nature lovers use magic that is commonly used to destroy nature? If they used Light or Nature magic it might make more sense but as it stands it's just silly.

Well, if we want to get technical, what druids really were in history had nothing to do with nature, and were actually religious leaders around the Celtic regions predating Roman times, but I guess that's not the point (they were portrayed as sorcerers of dark arts in medieval Ireland stories, though). Point is I just want more than just picking whether Krazen can ride a horse and swing a sword, or be able to cast nature magic, neither of which I feel really suit him in the long run as much as staves would. If it must be done, though, I guess I could just make him turn into a sorcerer, but it just wouldn't feel right.

Well, if we want to get technical, what druids really were in history had nothing to do with nature, and were actually religious leaders around the Celtic regions predating Roman times, but I guess that's not the point (they were portrayed as sorcerers of dark arts in medieval Ireland stories, though). Point is I just want more than just picking whether Krazen can ride a horse and swing a sword, or be able to cast nature magic, neither of which I feel really suit him in the long run as much as staves would. If it must be done, though, I guess I could just make him turn into a sorcerer, but it just wouldn't feel right.

They're more or less the same thing classwise anyways. They just use different secondary things.

And my app (late as it is)

[spoiler=Emil Astrel]

2MhHUpM.jpg

"For the hopes of all of Emerys and the peace of all of Krezia. That is why I still fight."

[b]Name:[/b] Emil Asrel

[b]Age:[/b] 18

[b]Gender:[/b]Male

[b]Race:[/b] Human

[b]Class:[/b] Lord

[b]Country of Origin:[/b] Flanoir, Emerys

[b]Inventory:[/b] 

Talma - The legendary sword used by the Hero King Artorius and passed down through the Astrel family. Though it has since lost it's former power, it is still a decent blade. Made from a special material that ran dry in Krezia 100 years ago, there are few blades like this in the world. Currently however, it is only slightly better than a simple steal sword.

Iron Sword

Concoction

[spoiler=Personality]As a proud member of House Astrel, Emil is an honorable and just young man who is more than willing to fight for the cause he believes in. In this case, Emil is dedicated to ending Rathmar's rule in both Emerys and Gangala. Unwavering in all things, a trait he picked up from his combat teacher Michael, Emil does not give in or give up easily, and is more than willing to put others before himself if it means helping them. This is unfortunately Emil's greatest weakness however, as he does very few things with the intent of making himself happy and strives to aid others. As such he was easily manipulated before in the past, and is always being scolded by his friends that such a trait is unbecoming of him. However they scold him however, Emil remains loyal and trusting of his comrades, and tends to put faith in allies that may or may not deserve it. However, Emil is not as serious a person as one would think. He has a healthy, or perhaps somewhat unhealthy, enjoyment of puns and enjoys spending time with the soldiers of the army, as they are less serious than the commanders. He's even been known to dine and drink with the Laguz merchants within Flanoir.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]Despite being a illegitimate child, Emil bears a perfect resemblance to the Astrel family. Like all of them, he has deep blue sharp eyes that focus themselves into a strong gaze. His hair is a wavy tide of crimson that is well groomed and well cleaned (even for a nobleman) despite his only small attention given to it. In fact, any indication of who his mother might have been could not be told, as he so closely resembles his father. Emil has pale and fair skin, that doesn't tan easily, much to his distress, as he finds his skin to be too feminine. In terms of stature, he's an average height 5'10" tall and weighs somewhere between 150-178lbs. Although Emil feels his skin is feminine, his somewhat muscular build says otherwise. His stomach is lightly chiseled, and his arms are toned from his swordsmanship training.

In the way of clothing, Emil wears a a black cotton shirt with the sleeves cut just above the elbow. As is fashionable among Emerysian youth's on the battlefield, Emil insisted on sporting only one jagged pauldron on his right shoulder but none on his left even though he has less protection. This pauldron connects to an ornate specially crafted breastplate that matches that of the soldiers of House Astrel. A clasp with the emblem of House Astrel helps hold the plate aloft as well as connecting the pauldron to the chestplate. In cold weather, Emil also adorns a large black bearskin (the animal bear, not the Laguz) cloak, to keep himself warm in the harsh Emerysian winters. Lower down, are a pair of blue cloth leggings with the shins and lower being protected by plated boots, that are not quite enough metal to be called greaves, but enough o protect Emil's legs from harm. Again, Emerysian youth's seem to be utterly against symmetry, only Emil's right hand is gauntleted with a somewhat worn metal plate gauntlet to match his chestplate and pauldron.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

What can often be said about the lives of most bastard children can also be said for Emil, yet he was not without a few fortunes that others may have normally had. For starters, he was born into the noble Astrel family as the son of the leader, Xander Astrel, which meant even as a bastard child, whose very existence is frowned upon by the Church of Martel (though likely not Martel herself), he was well cared for. In fact, Xander treated Emil as if he had been born to his wife and was his own legitimate son. However, Lady Astrel felt differently, and always had an untrusting eye on Emil, even though she continued to raise him as her husband requested. So Emil could never say that he was unloved or mistreated. He even understood his Lady Astrel's dislike or distrust of him, as he served as a constant reminder of her husbands unfaithful choice.

As he grew, Emil found himself fighting with other children of noble Houses, particularly with children of the Pencast who often teased Emil for his illegitimacy. Of course Emil made them regret their harsh words with ease, but he was always punished for doing so as well. This is not to say that all of Emil's relationships with other children of Noble Houses were  bad. In fact, he had a rather close bond with the daughter of House Irisviel, Ashelia. The two were close, as she too was teased for the brand on her right eye. This made Emil feel something of a kinship to her, so he would often use his fists to keep the Pencast brats away from Ashelia as well. 

Eventually, Xander begand to take concern with Emil's fighting, and thought that perhaps he merely needed an outlet. That outlet came in the form of swordsmanship. Emil was something of a natural with a sword, excelling in the use of all styles of Emerysian sword play, including the use of the greatsword, although he rarely used this. Emil credits his skill solely to Michael however, as he taught Emil personally with the care and guidance tha Emil had truly needed in life. As such, Emil began to respect and even somewhat idolize Michael, and took on some small traits of his personality. 

It was not long ago that Emil was informed that Xander and Emil's brothers had been called by the King to aid in the defense of Arkaia as the Gangalan forces drew nearer. Ever bound by oaths and honor, the Astrels heeded the call of duty, and Emil himself insisted that he aid his family as well. After some arguments, Emil was eventually allowed to go, but what he saw in Arkaia was far worse than he'd hoped. Though the Astrels fought valiantly alongside the rest of the Emerysian guard, the city was easily overrun two hours after the battle had begun. Emil tried hard to save his brothers, but no matter how hard he fought he could do little against the masses of Gangala. Still, he fought without rest until he came face to face with Rathmar himself as he lead the attack. But Emil knew something was wrong. He'd met Rathmar before as Emperor Valeran visited Emerys, so Emil knew of what a spoiled brute Rathmar was, but Rathmar was not the true King of Gangala. Emil had met him, and had befriended him. Rathmar was merely a pretender to the Gangalan throne.

As Rathmar left Emil, Emil returned to the battle, only to be stopped by his father and Michael, who informed them that Arkaia had already been taken, and that the King had been slain. Though Em tried rejoin the battle, he was stopped by his father, who gave him he most priced possession of the Astrel family. The sword of the Hero King Artorius, Talma. As Emil questioned his father however, he was grabbed by Michael, and upon Lord Astrel's order, was taken away from the battle.

Only a handful of soldiers survived the battle, and what men did were soon executed. Including Emil's father and brothers. Spurring Emil with just anger, he told Michael of what he saw, and the two travelled back to Flanoir in the hopes of raising a small resistance group to find the lost prince of Gangala.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Sooo what we still need are:

Axe user (preferably Bull Rider or Fighter)

Lancer (We have a Knight which is good, but I would like this base covered too)

Archer (not popular I know)

Pegasus Knight (I think Justine mentioned making one but I'll have to PM her later about it)

Thief (Is nobody afraid we will hit a locked door?)

And more Laguz. We have a Fox, but a Bear or an Owl would be nice to see.

A few things:

1) Who's accepted? Would it be possible to put a post somewhere that comprises all the accepted apps, or at least links thereto? I'm not even sure whether I've been accepted yet ^^;;

2) When are we gonna start? I hope we aren't gonna be waiting on six more people owo;;

3) Might it be a good idea to update the first post with the list of classes we'd really like, so anyone looking at this for the first time would see what classes they might want to think about?

A few things:

1) Who's accepted? Would it be possible to put a post somewhere that comprises all the accepted apps, or at least links thereto? I'm not even sure whether I've been accepted yet ^^;;

2) When are we gonna start? I hope we aren't gonna be waiting on six more people owo;;

3) Might it be a good idea to update the first post with the list of classes we'd really like, so anyone looking at this for the first time would see what classes they might want to think about?

1) I'll get back to you on that, we'll have to do a consensus but I'm fairly sure all the complete apps shall be accepted soon.

2) Umm, nah we're not waiting on that many. Those are just the classes that would be best to get, for anyone who wants to join in that hasn't figured out a class yet. And in case people planned on making second characters.

3) Yes.

Also the ones I personally want in order from most to least

Axe user

Thief (didn't even think of this)

Non-flying mounted unit (Bull rider could cover this and axe)

Other laguz

Flying unit

Archer (we have some ranged units though but still)

Lancer

I might make a second character depending on how many we have.

[spoiler="Ashelia Marta Irisviel"]

5e04ciI.jpg

"M-May the Goddess guide us to safety."

Name: Ashelia Marta Irisviel

Race: Human

Class: Cleric

Country of Origin: Flanoir, Emerys

[spoiler="Inventory"]

Blessing: Made in Badore by staff makers, it is a bit more powerful then mend but not to much.

[spoiler="Blessing"] xeQ2sSz.jpg [/spoiler]

Concoction

Empty Book (Ellight): An empty book that contained a light magic called Ellight. It will conjure light beams, all of which will coil around an enemy target before smiting them. Cannot be used in its current state. Must be repaired.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Personality"] Ashelia is a shy girl who was branded with the symbol of the goddess at a young age. She loves to sing and dance but only does them in private. She enjoys helping others in any way she can and is a very skilled cleric, using her training to help those around her. She enjoys reading an empty tome that has the skill Ellight a strong light magic skill. She cannot wield magic but still enjoys looking at the book. She is very self-conscious about the brand in her eye and prefers when people don’t point it out. She is a very cheery girl when she gets more comfortable around people but can still be incredibly shy. She also actively tries to be nice to everyone she meets with little judgement and actively shows kindness to others when she believes its right. Due to being from a noble family she doesn’t get out much and spends most of her time training her skills as a cleric and thanking the Goddess for her life. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Appearance"]

[spoiler="Appearance"] jucpFwB.jpg [/spoiler]

Ashelia has short, straight, dark purple hair and light purple eyes. She has the brand of the goddess in her right eye which is a different color than the rest of her eye, a light blue in the shape of a flower. She is shorter than average 5’3” and weighs around 110-120 lbs. She has fair skin and is pale due to not going outside much. She is very skinny and her bust size is very small (B-cup at most).

For clothing Ashelia wears a long, light blue dress that is liquid knit (a very soft cotton almost silk) that has dark blue ribbons tied into the seams. The sleeves are not connected to offer more mobility in the arms and is ruffled at the shoulders. She wears a necklace on occasion with a giant bead on it for no apparent reason other than for decoration, though she does not wear it outside the house. Ashelia also wears three blue balls in her hair to keep her hair out of her face, even though she lets her bangs out. She matches her balls to her brand to try to conceal it more by making people believe they are just seeing the colors.

During the winter months she wears a light blue dress with fur lining the bottom. The dress itself is long sleeved and goes to her knees the skirt part is very poofy so it stays out instead of flat. When she goes outside she wears a satin coat that is white and goes to her knees, the same length as her dress. The sleeves are very long and also have white fur were the hand starts. She wears long white socks and light blue boots to match. She has some skin exposed but is very much warm during the winter months due to this attire.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Biography"] When Ashelia was born she was a small, feeble child and her parents were afraid she was dead a little after birth. They prayed to the goddess Martel to save their daughter and Martel answered their prayers. She gave Ashelia the gift of life and due to that Ashelia has Martel’s symbol in her right eye. Her parents were so happy that she survived that they worshiped the Goddess and even taught Ashelia to be a cleric in honor of Martel. Ashelia was very determined to help and aid others with her healing abilities. When she was young she was troubled by the Pencast family because they constantly made fun of her because of the brand in her eye. She was afraid of this family and believed she was the only one to be picked on. When she met Emil he protected her from the Pencast kids and this made her feel safe to be with him. Ashelia is from the noble family of Irisviel and tries her hardest to make her parents proud.

Ashelia trains on her own in order to prepare for anything in battle, even though she does not believe she will join any fighting she still wishes to help. Ashelia tries to hide her eye from others due to the brand of the Goddess so people don’t make fun of her or think she is strange. She does not leave the house much because she has little need to but enjoys asking Emil about his travels. She wants to help support Emerys from Gangalas army and is willing to provide the aid needed if it comes to it.[/spoiler]

Skype info for Skype OOC: Iashiaya

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Valerie]

FaJkiVa.png?2

"Come on guys we gotta go go go go!"

Name: Valerie

Race: Human

Class: Cavalier

Country of Origin: Emyryn

[spoiler=Inventory]
Iron Lance
Bronze Sword
Vulnerary
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Val is a kick your ass kinda girl. She’s hyper and energetic. Proud and confident to the extreme; Val doesn’t believe she can be beaten if she tries hard enough. She can come off as a bit too rash and thus people sometimes don’t take her seriously. Which she absolutely hates. She strives for a time everyone will know her name and respect her. Conversely she takes her time in respecting others. She isn’t cruel to those she doesn’t respect, she just is kinda patronizing. She doesn't care about rank. Despite the fact she's low rank she doesn't see that as a reason that she can't get the job done any less than a high ranked soldier. Not very modest; Val often walks around in minimal clothing because it’s more comfortable that way for her. Doesn't have much a concept of personal space and she's likely to practically hang off a person she's taken a shine to. She doesn't see this as anything more than comradely and a soldiers bravado.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]Dfwt5kX.png?1
5‘7“ (170 cm) 145 lbs (66 kg)
Of course this isn’t her battle gear. Valerie tends to wear very little when she’s not in combat however. Her armor is actually pretty bulky, despite her size, and green in color. She’s got a surprising amount of strength in her muscles. Always has her hair tied up when possible, as it being all over the place bothers her.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

Born in a simple village to a simple family with simple goals. To join the army and become the best of the best of the best. And to make friends. She always admired the closeness she would see between soldiers who stopped at her parents inn and wanted a piece of that. So as soon as she got the chance, Valerie was off to join the army.

Valerie is the lowest of the low ranked soldiers in the Emerysian army. In fact she only joined the army a few days before the invasion. She wasn't considered anything special by her superiors, skill-wise. They wouldn't have noticed her if not for the fact that she made herself be noticed. She was overly excited about everything and outspoken. In the few days she was part of the army she got into a total of 12 fights with her superiors and fellow low-ranked soldiers. None of them were out of anger and she ended up getting along great with everyone.

When the battles began, Valerie was determined to be on the front lines and show everyone what she was made of. Her, and the rest of her squad, were instead tasked with keeping the supply lines protected. It was supposed to be an easy position but the Gangalan army struck anyway. Her entire squad was killed and she was injured and forced to retreat.

She was found by a group loyal to Emil and was brought to the young lord. She swore to help him fight back against the Gangalan empire and decided to fight hard at his side.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Okay we've added all the accepted characters to the opening post. If your character is not on there it means that it's either unfinished or needs to be fixed. If you need help with characters, let me or one of the co-hosts know. I'm happy to help as much as I can and have helped some people and I'm still willing to help others.

Anyways, once all the WIP's we currently know about have been completed we'll get this thing on the road :o I believe we're waiting on like 4 people still working on them, one of whom is working on a second character (I don't mean CowCow though). If you're thinking of making a second character and haven't mentioned doing so yet there's a list of what we need and what we want in the opening post now.

I've been waiting on a little more info on the Gray Islands, but as I said, I can come up with something for the bio if that's necessary.
I would also be willing to do a second character if that would help. Wouldn't be too hard, especially if I make sure to give them very different personalities.

In terms of Samael doubling as a thief: if we start with him having Thief abilities, would that change if a Thief joined up, or would he keep his Thief subclass?

I've also thought of something; what justifies all these people being around in the same place at the start of the game? Is it commonplace for Laguz to be seen outside of the Grey Isles? It seems that, from what's stated on the database, it's not, so maybe Laguz can be introduced later in the game, when the army has to go there. I at least attempted to give a reason for Krazen to be in Emerys at the start of the game, but I'm not sure about the rest. It may be something we need to know, especially if I'm going to be making a second character (haven't decided if I really need to just yet).

I've been waiting on a little more info on the Gray Islands, but as I said, I can come up with something for the bio if that's necessary.
I would also be willing to do a second character if that would help. Wouldn't be too hard, especially if I make sure to give them very different personalities.

In terms of Samael doubling as a thief: if we start with him having Thief abilities, would that change if a Thief joined up, or would he keep his Thief subclass?

I thought I updated the Gray Islands last night but I guess I was mistaken. Either way, it's been updated now.

And no I don't see why he'd lose thief abilities just cuz we get a dedicated Thief. 

I've also thought of something; what justifies all these people being around in the same place at the start of the game? Is it commonplace for Laguz to be seen outside of the Grey Isles? It seems that, from what's stated on the database, it's not, so maybe Laguz can be introduced later in the game, when the army has to go there. I at least attempted to give a reason for Krazen to be in Emerys at the start of the game, but I'm not sure about the rest. It may be something we need to know, especially if I'm going to be making a second character (haven't decided if I really need to just yet).

It's not really common place no, but it's not like it's unheard of. Laguz inKrezia or the mainland would be about as common as tourists in Hawaii, except they're... well look at the database.

As for justification, I figured that would be left to the character creator's to decide. I tried to make it clear where they need to be (at least the country they need to be in should be clear) but justification as to why a non-Emerysian would be in Emerys is meant to be up to the player. This didn't seem like a problem either, since you, Hollow, and Gamemaster all seemed to come up with very good reasons why non Emerysians were in Emerys. I don't want to just say "Alright everyone, you're here and this is why" at this point since that'd be kinda like me just writing the character for you. Maybe once it starts I'll start pointing people to the where and why, but for now I'm leaving it to player choice. If people want help with that then I'd be more than happy to help if they ask.

As long as it starts in the capital, Krazen should be relatively in the right spot. I didn't want to see this suddenly be an "alright, you're here, so welcome to the army!" sort of thing, is all. I mean, Krazen will fight, but he'll be expecting compensation. He's a mercenary, after all; a bit of a weird one, but he still knows he needs the money if he's going to fight for a foreign nation. Mom and Dad taught him right.

If he's a mercenary in Emerys it might be safer for him to go to Flanoir though. In Arkaia he'd be easily recognized as a Gangalan which would make work somewhat hard to get at the moment as the Emerysians are very mistrusting of Gangalan's at the moment. Flanoir has more mercenaries going in and out though, so nobody would really bat an eye at that. Not saying you have to do this I'm just kinda trying to give an idea of where would be good for it.

Emil is probably going to be on the road to Flanoir to try and find more men anyways too. Just so that people know :o

I honestly didn't read past the capital city when making Krazen (if it was even updated that far at the time), so it's an easy fix to change his destination. It's not like he was looking to talk to the royal family, anyway; he just wanted to get the hell out of Gangala and find somewhere relatively safe.

Updating Samael with a bio soon, based on what's in the doc and what I can come up with. Nothing super complex, but it'll be there.

And I've got a Fighter if we need one. Hopefully she works!

[spoiler=Vica Raben]

"My job is to protect these people. If you want to touch them, you have to pass me. And that will. Not. Happen."

Name: Vica Raben

Race: Human

Class: Fighter

Country of Origin: Emerys

[spoiler=Inventory]

Iron Axe

Vulnerary

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

A calm but stubborn woman. She is capable of playing the demure lady in terms of personality, but prefers not to, especially since most are not convinced when they see her obviously battle-ready figure. She rarely lets her emotions rule her, preferring instead to approach all walks of life with logic and what some might call cold-hearted pragmatism. She balances morality with benefit to herself when deciding what work to take, although benefit to self is usually more of a factor. It takes a large shock to break through her mask, but she still has yet to see the true horrors that others can commit...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

Snow-white hair, tied back into a low braid that falls just past her shoulders. A simple metallic band usually holds the braid in place. Pale blue eyes. Her tunic is a light blue, with a heavier midnight blue undershirt below it. She wears a light blue thigh-length skirt, split on the side to allow better movement, over midnight blue pants. Vica wears thick leather boots and gloves.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

Vica was born in Arkaia to a family of lower nobility. She learned how to be a noble woman, but was unsettled by the idea that she could easily be sent off as a consort for a nobleman. Upon her coming of age, with the help of friends she had made, Vica ran away from her family and went to Flanoir.

There, she spent many years training to become a mercenary. Surprising many, she decided to learn to fight with an axe, and picked up skills quickly from other mercenaries who lived there.

Once she was relatively proficient in fighting, she used her skills to repel, and later hunt down, bandits who would threaten Flanoir. Not without recompense, however - Vica had decided to be a mercenary, and made sure to get her fee any time she was called upon to fight.

All of the bandits she has fought so far have been minor, men believing that they could get easy coin from preying on the weak without having to exert much effort. She has not had to fight any of the stronger bandits, nor many bandits in large numbers.

[/spoiler]

Skype Info for Skype OOC: Will send directly if necessary.

[/spoiler]

Also, I'm fine with Samael not being encountered until later. It makes sense, and it will probably be an encounter either when they reach a port city (and the pirates just happen to be there), or if the protagonists' ship gets raided at some point.
Especially if I have Vica as well. In Flanoir, she's much more likely to get recruited early on.

Updating Samael with a bio soon, based on what's in the doc and what I can come up with. Nothing super complex, but it'll be there.

And I've got a Fighter if we need one. Hopefully she works!

[spoiler=Vica Raben]

"If you want to attack my people, you have to pass me. And that will. Not. Happen."

Name: Vica Raben

Race: Human

Class: Fighter

Country of Origin: Emerys

[spoiler=Inventory]

Iron Axe

Vulnerary

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

A calm but stubborn woman. She is capable of playing the demure lady in terms of personality, but prefers not to, especially since most are not convinced when they see her obviously battle-ready figure. She rarely lets her emotions rule her, preferring instead to approach all walks of life with logic and what some might call cold-hearted pragmatism. She balances morality with benefit to herself when deciding what work to take, although benefit to self is usually more of a factor. It takes a large shock to break through her mask, but she still has yet to see the true horrors that others can commit...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

Snow-white hair, tied back into a low braid that falls just past her shoulders. A simple metallic band usually holds the braid in place. Pale blue eyes. Her tunic is a light blue, with a heavier midnight blue undershirt below it. She wears a light blue thigh-length skirt, split on the side to allow better movement, over midnight blue pants. Vica wears thick leather boots and gloves.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]

Vica was born in Arkaia to a family of lower nobility. She learned how to be a noble woman, but was unsettled by the idea that she could easily be sent off as a consort for a nobleman. Upon her coming of age, with the help of friends she had made, Vica ran away from her family and went to Flanoir.

There, she spent many years training to become a mercenary. Surprising many, she decided to learn to fight with an axe, and picked up skills quickly from other mercenaries who lived there.

Once she was relatively proficient in fighting, she used her skills to repel, and later hunt down, bandits who would threaten Flanoir. Not without recompense, however - Vica had decided to be a mercenary, and made sure to get her fee any time she was called upon to fight.

All of the bandits she has fought so far have been minor, men believing that they could get easy coin from preying on the weak without having to exert much effort. She has not had to fight any of the stronger bandits, nor many bandits in large numbers.

[/spoiler]

Skype Info for Skype OOC: Will send directly if necessary.

[/spoiler]

Also, I'm fine with Samael not being encountered until later. It makes sense, and it will probably be an encounter either when they reach a port city (and the pirates just happen to be there), or if the protagonists' ship gets raided at some point.
Especially if I have Vica as well. In Flanoir, she's much more likely to get recruited early on.

Vica's acceptable. Kinda glad you went with a female fighter over a male one since we now have a more gender balanced party. Also Sethera did the courtesy of adding a bit more information about Laguz while I was otherwise occupied. He also did the weapons

I wouldn't mind making an app for Riku's wife, Mei if we need more units... I'd probably want to wait until the party visits Xiang Siu before introducing her though. She would either be an archer or a bull rider.

If you want to that's fine. Both Archers and Bull Riders come from Head Clans in XIang Siu, so it fits with the rest of Riku's story too :o Check it out before making her though.

Archived