Fire Emblem: Alter [OOC/Temporarily Not Accepting] [PG-16] [Co-hosted by Sethera and Lord CowCow]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Yukina Taifuu]

tYDOabw.jpg?1

"Those who would attempt to extinguish the flame of the hearth shall simply be burned by it."

Name: Yukina Taifuu
Race: Human
Class: Archer
Country of Origin: Xiang Siu
Inventory: 

• Iron Bow
  • Bronze Bow
  • Vulnerary

[spoiler=Personality]
Yukina is a person who has a calm demeanor to her and generally has a soft smile on her face. A caring woman who has a strong sense of loyalty and family, she is someone who believes that the bond of family is one of the most important things in life. She is a person who acts very modestly and doesn't try to do anything in a sort of extravagant way. She is a very respectful individual who tends to act in a formal manner, even towards those she is well acquainted with. To contrast this, she is strangely assertive and aggressive when she has a goal in mind and when acting towards others, often times not quite considering what the other's persons opinion is on the matter. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

UjsRGUA.jpg?1

Yukina is a woman who stands at a height of 5'10" weighing in at about 170 lbs. She does not wear a rose in her hair, and while she does where clothing similar to the image outside of combat. Within combat, she wears similar clothing, though without sleeves, a chest protector, and a glove on her left hand (being that she is left handed and wields a bow as such) that protects the middle finger, the index finger and the thumb.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bio]

Born into the Taifuu clan,  though not entirely part of the main bloodline, Yukina was taught the basics and importance of the clan's beliefs. Being enamored by these, she took to heart the ideas of importance of family and tradition. As such, she decided to dedicate herself far more than the average person. She, thus, trained herself day in and day out in archery and keeping with the tracking and hunting ways of old. Due to this, while she had kept her family close in her heart, she was never one that made friends fairly easily and just sort of kept to her home life. 

As would it be, her second cousin Mei had eventually become betrothed to the heir of the Tsukiko clan. While she was not particularly close with her relative, a wedding such as this was big news for both clans. As such, she had tried to get herself acquainted with her soon to be family members, though she had trouble meeting with the groom, she was still partial to thinking that he was a man that would become a great addition to the family. This was, of course, until he had vanished without much of warning whatsoever.

Though it was unknown to her as to how or why he had escaped from the country, Yukina had felt it a great crime against the Taifuu clan, regardless of  cause. As such, she had taken upon herself that in order to mend the damage this event had caused. Providing her aid to Mei, she had immediately set off for the long journey that it would be in tracking down and finding Riku Tsukiko. 

[/spoiler]
Skype Info for Skype OOC: skyheart_6

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Yukina Taifuu]

tYDOabw.jpg?1

"Those who would attempt to extinguish the flame of the hearth shall simply be burned by it."

Name: Yukina Taifuu
Race: Human
Class: Archer
Country of Origin: Xiang Siu
Inventory: 

• Iron Bow
  • Bronze Bow
  • Vulnerary

[spoiler=Personality]
Yukina is a person who has a calm demeanor to her and generally has a soft smile on her face. A caring woman who has a strong sense of loyalty and family, she is someone who believes that the bond of family is one of the most important things in life. She is a person who acts very modestly and doesn't try to do anything in a sort of extravagant way. She is a very respectful individual who tends to act in a formal manner, even towards those she is well acquainted with. To contrast this, she is strangely assertive and aggressive when she has a goal in mind and when acting towards others, often times not quite considering what the other's persons opinion is on the matter. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]

UjsRGUA.jpg?1

Yukina is a woman who stands at a height of 5'10" weighing in at about 170 lbs. She does not wear a rose in her hair, and while she does where clothing similar to the image outside of combat. Within combat, she wears similar clothing, though without sleeves, a chest protector, and a glove on her left hand (being that she is left handed and wields a bow as such) that protects the middle finger, the index finger and the thumb.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bio]

Born into the Taifuu clan,  though not entirely part of the main bloodline, Yukina was taught the basics and importance of the clan's beliefs. Being enamored by these, she took to heart the ideas of importance of family and tradition. As such, she decided to dedicate herself far more than the average person. She, thus, trained herself day in and day out in archery and keeping with the tracking and hunting ways of old. Due to this, while she had kept her family close in her heart, she was never one that made friends fairly easily and just sort of kept to her home life. 

As would it be, her second cousin Mei had eventually become betrothed to the heir of the Tsukiko clan. While she was not particularly close with her relative, a wedding such as this was big news for both clans. As such, she had tried to get herself acquainted with her soon to be family members, though she had trouble meeting with the groom, she was still partial to thinking that he was a man that would become a great addition to the family. This was, of course, until he had vanished without much of warning whatsoever.

Though it was unknown to her as to how or why he had escaped from the country, Yukina had felt it a great crime against the Taifuu clan, regardless of  cause. As such, she had taken upon herself that in order to mend the damage this event had caused. Providing her aid to Mei, she had immediately set off for the long journey that it would be in tracking down and finding Riku Tsukiko. 

[/spoiler]
Skype Info for Skype OOC: skyheart_6

[/spoiler]

Alright I'll add her in .3. Good work on finding a way to put a Xiangese character in Emerys for a non-mercenary reason too ^^

Managed to post before work, and since I didn't think Krazen would help with the "invading" Emersian army, I put him in the inn that Asher went to, instead, since I think it's at least close to Flanoir, which would still make sense for him to be in, I suppose. Either way, seems like Asher could use some aid, anyway, whether he wants it or not. He'd just better make sure he shares his cut, a.k.a some of that meal.

Well, made a post on the IC forum. Vica doesn't have much to do quite yet, but she's in Flanoir, so I figure she'll probably notice something going on once the Emrysian operation begins.

Hopefully what I did is appropriate - I don't have much experience RPing, so I went with what seemed appropriate to set up her current location and activities.

Okay someone's going to have to make some sort of chart to track where everyone is. Cause as it stands it seems we'll have

1.) People with Emil and the Emerys soldiers

a.Those joining Emil in the sneaky sneaky attack

b. Those setting up the blockade

c. Those with Michael at the main gate

2.) People with Asher

3.) People in the city

Here's a listing as of now. If people message me or post where they are, I will update it with their character. But so far, I'm just going off of what's in the IC forum and what others (like iashiaya) have said.

Emil's Group

With Emil:

Emil Astrel

Riku Tsukiko

Valerie

Vica Raben (hired)

Yukina Taifuu (temporarily, defending Riku)

Ashelia Marta Irisviel

Blockade Crew:

With Michael:

Michael the Resolute

Derick Tullim

Asher's Group

Asher Baraan

Krazen Shulnera

Myth

In Flanoir

Sartoria Valessia (enemy commander)

Distant Locations/Unknown

Samael = Pirate Ship

Alessa Campo = Aid Group

Alright so Val is now going with Emil and Riku....sorry, Riku, for that post btw. :3

Also, Yosuke, probably update the OP since we don't need all those classes anymore. If anyone joins and sees that we might end up with an influx of something we don't need. (of course that doesn't matter too much in an RP but don't want to be misleading)

Also, Yosuke, probably update the OP since we don't need all those classes anymore. If anyone joins and sees that we might end up with an influx of something we don't need. (of course that doesn't matter too much in an RP but don't want to be misleading)

In an attempt to be helpful:

Don't need Archers anymore

Probably don't need axe users (we have a Hero, a Fighter, and a Bull Rider).

Otherwise, I think the rest of the list is still somewhat accurate.

In an attempt to be helpful:

Don't need Archers anymore
Probably don't need axe users (we have a Hero, a Fighter, and a Bull Rider).
Otherwise, I think the rest of the list is still somewhat accurate.

Indeed. I'll get right on that.

Also I'm pretty much done on the Emerys section of the Database. Just going to add another fort and maybe a city too, otherwise everything in Emerys is complete. Going to likely be adding to Gangala and Xiang Siu next.

Small thing I found in the database:

For the Dark Knight, would a Mage promoting to Dark Knight lose the ability to use Nature Magic in exchange for Dark Magic?

To be fully honest I hadn't thought of that before. I fixed it though, so no worries. Thanks for bringing it up though.

Question:

Does Flanoir actually have a main gate? In the database, it states that Flanoir uses the system of lever gates and has few walls. I'm not exactly sure how the lever gates/barricades work, but this makes it sound like there's not so much a main gate as there is just a point where the main road enters Flanoir.

Correct me if I'm wrong - I just want to get a good idea of what Flanoir's defenses are like.

That's basically it. If you've ever seen "13 Assassins" most of Emerysian defenses work like the city it that.

If not: Flanoir uses a system of internal walls and walkways that, when a lever is pulled, will come out through the road and halt enemy advances. The walls can be stood on so Archers can fire down at enemies, but there's also a series of walk ways on the building for the same purpose. As for walls and gates, no there are no walls or a "main gate". Instead the buildings where built in such a way so that they form natural walls and act as a choke to send intruders to the roads leading in and out.

As we get closer to a point where there are going to be a significant number of people in each group, I have a question to bring up.

How much should we 'lead' other characters? To use Yosuke's most recent post as an example, Emil goes about and gets into the city, talking to and commanding other characters as he goes. As Yosuke is the host, I was wondering how much we should extend our posts. Should we similarly 'lead' characters, the way Emil gave orders and went through with certain steps of the operation? Or should we be more wary, and avoid leading any other characters in performing certain actions?

As we get closer to a point where there are going to be a significant number of people in each group, I have a question to bring up.

How much should we 'lead' other characters? To use Yosuke's most recent post as an example, Emil goes about and gets into the city, talking to and commanding other characters as he goes. As Yosuke is the host, I was wondering how much we should extend our posts. Should we similarly 'lead' characters, the way Emil gave orders and went through with certain steps of the operation? Or should we be more wary, and avoid leading any other characters in performing certain actions?

The host (and maybe in some cases co-hosts) should be the only one leading other characters. And even then only sparingly and when needed.

But it depends what you mean. For instance doing something that would affect another person (Like running into them) is fine, but you shouldn't make their characters do anything without asking them first.

Thank you for the clarification. I will make sure I do not lead other characters, and only write actions and dialogue for my own character.

EDIT: An idea that only just occurred to me is that if a scene would require odd writing in order to get around this rule, both people could communicate on their own and decide on their character actions beforehand, allowing for both posts to be written without dancing around the issue of only writing one's own character.

Archived