ia85cVJ.jpg

2 Level 8 monsters
Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can target 1 card on the field; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material. If this card would be destroyed or targeted by your opponent's card effect: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card instead. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 card your opponent controls or in their Graveyard; banish it. You can only activate each effect of "Kaguya the Absorbing Terror" once per turn.

[spoiler=V1]

fWs6I8S.jpg

3 Level 8 monsters
Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can target 1 face-up card on the field; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material. You cannot activate other card effects the turn you activate this effect. If this card would leave the field due to an opponent's card (either by battle or card effect): You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card instead. You can only activate 1 effect of "Kaguya the Revived Absorbing Terror" per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]

----

Some of you probably recognize this card from the Casual Card Making guide as the example of what NOT to do in the section.

And admittedly, that version is really broken and shouldn't even exist in there, let alone here in Advanced.

You can compare it to the one in Toyo's RC guide, but on drugs.

I will assume you know who this character is; otherwise read this.

----

First effect is derived from one of her powers; the Truth-Seeking Ball (which absorbs the chakra of all around it).

Technically, this is the same principle used on CyDra Infinity, except on any face-up. The drawback is that you cannot activate other effects that turn.

(And for reference, I know how much crap CyDra Infinity's getting lately because of what it does)

Second effect is derived from 101 to an extent, but with a higher detach cost.

Basically, you're allowed at least 2-3 free protection shots, but be warned that you have to decide which effect you want to use that turn.

(E-1 works on your turn only [obviously], E-2 works either turn)

Should you choose to activate the CyDra Infinity effect, she can't protect herself that turn and vice versa. 

In the manga, she had both abilities working at the same time; need to make sure that this card reflects her accurately, but isn't broken as all hell (hence the hard OPT).

Material-wise, considering Rank 8 stuff like Photon/Galaxy, Hieratics, Gimmick Puppets and so forth exist; I need to make sure that players don't get an easy CyDra Infinity and co. in their Decks; that's why I opted for a 3-mat Rank 8. 

(You can still do it, but just that it requires more effort.)

And yes, I did check for any lower Rank Xyz that can use Astral Force to make this.

----

Anyway, CnC.

(Just keep in mind that you can still grade this card, even if you don't care for the Naruto series or know anything about it. CnC like you would for any non-anime/manga card)

[I designed this with mostly TCG things; although again I kept CyDra Infinity in mind]

...It's basically just a retooled 101, though. I get the inspiration, but the effect is so close that it's almost the same card just with different type/rank/stats and reflavored requirements. Even then, triple-mat Rank 8's are very difficult even for the rank 8 decks to get out and are better used on something more game-winning like Neo Galaxy Eyes, or go for the two material Rank 8's which boast much better monsters for your buck (such as Felgrand). Overall this card does things that other cards either do better, or do in more easily obtainable manners and just isn't worth going the extra mile to spend the materials to get it out on the field.

Beyond this, having the choice between the protection effect or the card-jack effect makes this card almost laughably easy to take care of with even a little backrow. Its effect doesn't protect against cards like Number 101, either, seeing as attaching a monster as a material isn't treated as leaving the field. Ultimately, for a triple-material rank 8, this guy really isn't worth it.

My one main concern was not making it as broken as the Casual Card version, which you can reference in the card tutorial there.

Although yes, I nerfed it way too much to be of any relevant use.

(Given the 3-mat requirement, I could've gotten away with it allowing you to trigger effects the turn you steal stuff or pumping it to 3500 ATK or something.)

With that in mind, lowered it to 2-mats (although I had reservations on this because of how accessible it would be) and removed some of the restrictions; especially the no other effects clause on the CyDra one.

Although bear in mind that while I also added an on-destruction banish effect (should your opponent get past the detaching thing, all of the effects are still hard OPT. 

Though it should be much less restrictive. (I'd add a "cannot negate my Xyz Summon" effect, but that's pushing it...A LOT)

Archived