[Community Project] Deletors - Zefra-ish crossover archetype of DP World

Darj

So, we had this idea of making a Crossover archetype with archetypes that are exclusive for DP for a while, and we have finally made some progress. The purpose of this thread is to gather the contributions, ideas and drafts to keep this project on check.

Backstory & Lore

- Deletors are basically members of different DP archetypes who were corrupted by the Newark.

- They are intended to be the main antagonist of the Dp Storyline's Arc 2.

Concept

- Similar to Zefra, Deletor monsters will include in their names Deletor and the name of their home archetype.

- Also their effects will apply on both monsters from their home archetype, as well as fellow Deletor members.

- Only 2 monsters from the DP archetypes can join the Deletors: 1 Main Deck monster, and 1 Fusion Monster (exceptions may be made).

Playstyle

- Deletors will play similar to "Shaddolls": Fusion-based archetype with access to different Fusions depending on the materials available. Highly flexible and splashable into other DP archetypes.

- Deletor Main Deck monsters will float when used as Fusion Material, in order to preserve card advantage.

- Also, Deletor Main Deck monster will use the word "Deletor" as keyword, while the Deletor Fusion monster will be named "Deleted" but require "Deletor" monsters as material. This is to prevent the archetype from using Fusion monsters as Fusion material.

- Unlike Zefras, who apparently attempted to allow other DT archetypes to Pendulum Summon, Deletors will work more as an engine that can be splashed into other DP archetypes, and instead of Pendulum Summoning, give them access to at least 1 Deletor Fusion monster.

- Pure-Deletor decks will have the advantage of accessing the wide array of Deletor crossover Fusion Monsters, for an stronger toolboxing capability.

[spoiler=Draft examples of Deletor cards (placeholder names)]

Main Deck monster

Chronometric Deletor [insert name here]

Effect: Once per turn, you can place 1 "Chronometric" or "Deletor" monster from X to the bottom of your Deck. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon: [insert effect here]

Fusion Monster

Chronometric Deleter [insert name here]

Effect: 1 "Chronometric" monster + 1 "Deletor" monster

Once per turn, you can target 1 card on the field: place it on the bottom of its owner Deck. Etc.

Goal: Basically a somewhat potent effect that rewards the player from including a Deletor engine in Chronometrics.

Fusion Spells

Deletor Future Fusion

Fusion Summon 1 "Deletor" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials, including at least 1 "Deletor" monster. If your opponent controls more cards than you do, you can also use 1 "Deletor" monster in your Deck as Fusion Material. You can only activate 1 "Deletor Future Fusion" per turn.

Goal: Punish the opponent from overextending, while rewarding pure-Deletor deck variants. Can also lead for more conservative plays by discouraging the opponent from placing too many cards on the board, or refraining yourself from placing too many cards in order to keep this Spell's milling effect live.

Deletor Miracle Fusion

Fusion Summon 1 "Deletor" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your side of the field or your Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Deletor Miracle Fusion" per turn.

Goal: Intended to be splashable in non-Deletor decks along their Deletor members, granting them access to their Deletor Fusions.

[/spoiler]

Conditions to join the Deletors

- Your archetype must be DP -exclusive. That is, not related to archetypes or card series from YGO or DT.

- Also, your archetype must be finished or established. In other words, it shouldn't still be in development (e.g. still adding new cards, in process of fixing).

- You can only make 1 Main Deck and 1 Fusion Deletor-archetype monsters.

- Do not give the Main Deck monsters searching effects. This is more or less to prevent the archetype from getting multiple searchers by different users.

- Be careful with the field effects (if any) of the Main Deck Deletors. For instance, if they generate a +1 when Normal Summoned, and then float when used as Fusion Material, things could potentially get stupid.

Tips:

- You don't really need to make new Deletor-archetype monsters; you can take an existing monster(s) and turn it into a Deletor. Try to pick one that can support its fellow Deletors in one way or another. Besides, its original role within its home archetype should be retained.

Guidelines/Suggestions for Deletor Cards

Deletor (Maindeck) monsters

- Its full name must have "Deletor" and its home archetype's name.

- Must have a floating effect (it replaces itself with another card) with the following condition. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon:

- The other effect(s) cannot generate card advantage. It can be a field effect, a grave effect, etc.

- No searching effects. This will be adressed later.

- At least 1 effect must be related to the home's archetype main gimmick or playstyle (revealing cards, placing in bottom of the deck, etc.).

Deleted (Fusion) monsters

- Its full name must have "Deleted" and its home archetype's name.

- Must require 2 materials: 1 "Deletor" monster and 1 [archetype] monster

- At least 1 effect must be related to the home's archetype main gimmick or playstyle.

-  Must have the following effect: If this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Delet" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

NOTE: Exceptions can be made upon discussion here or in chat.

Other ideas

- Second-tier Fusions that require "Deleted" Fusion monsters as material.

- Non-Fusion "Delet" Spell/Trap cards.

[Spoiler=Deletors]

V9cpadt.png?1

Deletor G.D.S. Aegir, the Traitorous

Dark

Level 5
Warrior / Effect

If a face-up "G.D.S." or "Delet" monster you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Deletor G.D.S. Aegir, the Traitorous" this way once per turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon while you control more cards than your opponent: Special Summon 2 "Deletor Augment" Tokens to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Defense Position (Machine-Type/DARK/Level1/ATK 0/DEF 0.) You can only control 1 face-up "G.D.S. Aegir" monster.
ATK/2100 DEF/800

Celestial Deletor of the Earthly Prison

*4 Earth 1900/1100 Fiend/Effect

If this card is used as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon of a "Celestial" or "Deleted" monster, you can send 1 “Celestial” monster or 1 “Deletor” monster from your deck to your graveyard. This effect of "Celestial Deletor of the Earthly Prison" can only be activated once per turn. When this card attacks, you can discard up to 2 cards. During the End of the Battle Phase, if you discarded a card(s) for this effect and this card is face-up on the field, add  “Deleted” or “Deletor” cards from your deck to your hand equal to the number of cards discarded. If this card is the only monster you control, you can also add “Celestial” Spell or Trap cards instead.

8JXA2k1.jpg

If this card is sent from the deck to the Graveyard by a "Continuum Shift" or "Delet" card effect: You can target 1 "Deletor" or "Continuum Shift" Spell/Trap Card from your Graveyard; Add it to your Hand. You can only gain this effect once per turn. If this card is used as Material for a Summon of a "Deletor" or "Continuum Shift" monster, that monster gains this effect.
- When this card is Summoned: Both players send the top 3 of their deck to the Graveyard.

p20fAKv.jpg
When this card is used as material for a Fusion Summon and if you have 2 or monsters in the graveyard whose attribute are different than this monsters attribute, both players reveal their hands and all set cards on the field (flip effects are not activated at this time). Then if they do both players select 1 card from their opponents field or hand and send it to the graveyard. If a "Member of" or "Deletor" card is sent to the graveyard by this effect other than this card you may add 1 "Member of" or "Deletor" card from your graveyard to your hand.

Xv5LpZE.jpg

When this card is used as a Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of a "Deleted" monster: You can target 1 "Deletor" or "Crusolar" monster in your Graveyard, except "Deletor Crusolar Exile"; place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. While that card is in the Spell & Trap Card Zone, it gains the following effect:
● You can banish 1 "Deleted" Fusion monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone. If this card is Special Summoned this way, its effects are negated, also it cannot attack.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Deleted Bosses]

T4JiSiY.png?1

Deleted G.D.S. Aegir Omega

Dark

Level 7

Warrior / Effect

1 "G.D.S." monster + 1 "Deletor" monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard: Banish it. You can only use this effect of "Deleted G.D.S. Aegir Omega" once per turn. This card inflicts piercing battle damage to your opponent when it battles a Defense Position monster. During either player's turn: You can send this face-up card to your Extra Deck, then if all the Fusion Material Monsters that were used for this card's Fusion Summon are in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon all of them.
ATK/2800 DEF/1500

Majestic Deleted Celestial of the Heavenly Time Prison

*8 Dark 2900/1100 Fairy/Fusion/Effect

“Celestial Deletor of the Earthly Prison” + 1 “Deletor” monster + 1 EARTH monster

Other cards cannot activate their effect after the turn they are activated or summoned. When this card battles a monster, you can banish the opposing monster until your next Standby Phase during the Damage Step. When this card is sent to the graveyard and you control no other monsters, you can add 1 Spell Card that can Fusion Summon a monster from your graveyard to your hand.

YdZUfkL.jpg

1 "Deletor" monster + 1 "Continuum Shift" monster
Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Delet" card and target 1 face-up monster in your opponent' side of the field; Until the end of the turn take the control of that monster, negate its effects and also its treated as a "Deleted" monster. During the End Phase: You can place this card into the Extra Deck, then Add 1 "Deletor" Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect "Hakumen / Continuum Shift Deletor" once per turn.

AU4Z7jn.jpg

1 "Deleted" monster + 1 Winged Beast monster

When this monster is Fusion Summoned your opponent reveals their hand. Then you can send 1 card from their hand to the graveyard. Once per turn, both players can add 1 "Polymerization" or "Fusion" spell card from your graveyards to their hands.

HRKAptBl.jpg

1 "Deletor" monster + 1 "Miko" monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned successfully: You can reveal 1 card in your hand, and if you do, you can add 1 "Delet" Spell or Trap card in your graveyard to your hand. The added card cannot be activated this turn. When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard: You can reveal up to 3 cards in your hand, then shuffle the same amount of cards from your graveyard to your deck; Draw 1 card.

qnOgHnp.jpg 1 "Deletor" monster + 1 "Crusolar" monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can decrease the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by 200 for each card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone until the end of the turn. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent the turn it is Fusion Summoned: You can send 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard; draw 2 cards.

[/spoiler]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nai: Excellent idea. As mentioned in the OP, we considered giving Deletors a better Fusion Spell that is more playable in pure variants, but making non-Fusion Deletor Spell/Trap support would further encourage or reward pure-Deletor builds.

@SDB: That's the idea: Deletors should have effects related to their home archetype's gimmicks, but that also support fellow Deletors, plus carry the "when used as Fusion Material" floating effect. For instance, since Chronometrics are about placing cards in the bottom of the Deck, Chronometric Deletors have effects related to said mechanic.

Sky Conquerors already have that Mechanic. Also will it be possible to have one of the Fusions become a deletor fusion? (though this might give SC too much of a toolbox)

1. Yes, and this gives SCs and Deletors an interesting and cute synergy, given that both are Fusion-based. I guess you could say the same on Deletors-Negators. In their case, the big change would be to affect both SCs/Negators and Deletor monsters with their effects.

2. That's also an option. It shouldn't be a big deal: the Fusion will end up doing the same stuff it did in SCs, but now becomes playable in pure-Deletor builds, further contributing to their expected massive toolbox ED.

...I think I got something for G.D.S.
I'd do Mecha Armors, but that deck isn't focused on Extra Deck summon, and a Fusion Monster wouldn't really work in its design. Then again, I COULD just do a fusion mech and bring back the Merciless Mecha Armor Pilot...

Alright, here's what I got so far:

[spoiler= Deletor G.D.S. Aegir, the Traitorous]

V9cpadt.png?1

Deletor G.D.S. Aegir, the Traitorous

Dark

Level 5
Warrior / Effect

If a face-up "G.D.S." or "Delet" monster you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Deletor G.D.S. Aegir, the Traitorous" this way once per turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon while you control more cards than your opponent: Special Summon 2 "Deletor Augment" Tokens to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Defense Position (Machine-Type/DARK/Level1/ATK 0/DEF 0.) You can only control 1 face-up "G.D.S. Aegir" monster.
ATK/2100 DEF/800

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Deleted G.D.S. Aegir Omega]

T4JiSiY.png?1

Deleted G.D.S. Aegir Omega

Dark

Level 7

Warrior / Effect

1 "G.D.S." monster + 1 "Deletor" monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard: Banish it. You can only use this effect of "Deleted G.D.S. Aegir Omega" once per turn. This card inflicts piercing battle damage to your opponent when it battles a Defense Position monster. During either player's turn: You can send this face-up card to your Extra Deck, then if all the Fusion Material Monsters that were used for this card's Fusion Summon are in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon all of them.
ATK/2800 DEF/1500
[/spoiler]

There's only so much of Deletors that I can understand right now, so here's an attempt at making two monsters for them while also attempting to stay in-theme of the G.D.S. If there need to be any changes let me know!

Isnt a problem, is more a OCG problem on traitor
The first clause says " You can only use one effect of *** pet turn", so it i manage to summon it tributed and then by the Alpha eff, it means i can get the same effect twice~
Just saying because maybe is something you didnt planned~

@VCR: Card is more or less fine, but, while I understand that its one of the archetype's gimmicks/mechanics, I think the "while your opponent controls more cards than you" clause on the floating effect can be a hidrance.

@lecc_XD: To be honest I don't like this idea, because it is prone to degenerating into "this is another [archetype] support card, except that it also works in Deletors", which is not the goal of this archetype. Besides, you are meant to tech the Deletor Fusion Spells drafted in the OP into your [archetype] decks in order to access the Deletor-[archetype] Fusions, even if its nor Fusion-based. Think of the way players teched Miracle Fusion and Prisma in Glads for access to Absolute-Zero.

By the way, I forgot to mention but while I think this can be easily concluded, your archetype must be also part of the DP lore/storyline we have going on in other thread. If you are not planning to include your archetype in this story, then you cannot make Deletors for them.

@VCR: Card is more or less fine, but, while I understand that its one of the archetype's gimmicks/mechanics, I think the "while your opponent controls more cards than you" clause on the floating effect can be a hidrance.

@lecc_XD: To be honest I don't like this idea, because it is prone to degenerating into "this is another [archetype] support card, except that it also works in Deletors", which is not the goal of this archetype. Besides, you are meant to tech the Deletor Fusion Spells drafted in the OP into your [archetype] decks in order to access the Deletor-[archetype] Fusions, even if its nor Fusion-based. Think of the way players teched Miracle Fusion and Prisma in Glads for access to Absolute-Zero.

By the way, I forgot to mention but while I think this can be easily concluded, your archetype must be also part of the DP lore/storyline we have going on in other thread. If you are not planning to include your archetype in this story, then you cannot make Deletors for them.

ok, i got it

i was about to add them after i finish the design of the Deleted monster and Support, but since you said it can only be Fusion, i have to make another monster xD

ill see what i can do with that~

maybe like the Necroz-Zefra monster, use it to Fusion summon by tributing him or sending him to the Grave

idk if you like the idea

ok, i got it

i was about to add them after i finish the design of the Deleted monster and Support, but since you said it can only be Fusion, i have to make another monster xD

ill see what i can do with that~

maybe like the Necroz-Zefra monster, use it to Fusion summon by tributing him or sending him to the Grave

idk if you like the idea

I would like to see said card first to properly comment on it and tell if it would be fine or not.

Anyways, I suspect that this project could get out of hand with the overuse of searchers, so I will add a couple of more guidelines for making Deletors monsters. For instance, a first one is to avoid searching/ROTA effects, because if some of you make their Deletors searchers, then in can get stupidly Necloth-level consistent.

Another one is to avoid giving the card a plusing effect when it is Summoned, and then break even when used as Fusion Material.

[spoiler=Celestial Delete]

Celestial Deletor of the Earthly Prison

*4 Earth 1900/1100 Fiend/Effect

If this card is used as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon of a "Celestial" or "Deleted" monster, you can send 1 “Celestial” monster or 1 “Deletor” monster from your deck to your graveyard. This effect of "Celestial Deletor of the Earthly Prison" can only be activated once per turn. When this card attacks, you can discard up to 2 cards. During the End of the Battle Phase, if you discarded a card(s) for this effect and this card is face-up on the field, add  “Deleted” or “Deletor” cards from your deck to your hand equal to the number of cards discarded. If this card is the only monster you control, you can also add “Celestial” Spell or Trap cards instead.

Majestic Deleted Celestial of the Heavenly Time Prison

*8 Dark 2900/1100 Fairy/Fusion/Effect

“Celestial Deletor of the Earthly Prison” + 1 “Deletor” monster + 1 EARTH monster

Other cards cannot activate their effect after the turn they are activated or summoned. When this card battles a monster, you can banish the opposing monster until your next Standby Phase during the Damage Step. When this card is sent to the graveyard and you control no other monsters, you can add 1 Spell Card that can Fusion Summon a monster from your graveyard to your hand.

[/spoiler]

My submitted cards have been edited.
- Aegir, the Traitorous's OPT clause was edited to be more clear. His as-material effect was also fixed to better reflect what it's trying to do.
- Aegir Omega's text was cleaned up a little, and his defense was changed to stay consistent with the archetype's patterns.

My entries!

[spoiler=Taokaka / Deleted Continuum Shift]

YC7NznA.jpg

If this card is sent from the deck to the Graveyard by a "Continuum Shift" or "Delet" card effect: You can target 1 "Deletor" or "Continumm Shift" Spell/Trap Card from your Graveyard; Add it to your Hand. You can only gain this effect once per turn. If this card is used as Material for a Summon of a "Deletor" or "Continuum Shift" monster, that monster gains this effect.
- When this card is Summoned: Both players send the top 3 of their deck to the Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hakumen / Continuum Shift Deletor]

nIVYz2P.jpg

1 "Deleted" monster + 1 "Continuum Shift" monster
Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Delet" card and target 1 face-up monster in your opponent' side of the field; Until the end of the turn take the control of that monster, negate its effects and also its tratead as a "Deleted" monster. During the End Phase: You can place this card into the Extra Deck, then Add 1 "Deletor" Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each effect "Hakumen / Continuum Shift Deletor" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Soooo this is the whole "Reverse" gimmick from VG, but with fusions...I'll participate.

[spoiler: Black Swan]
Coogifh.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] If this card is sent to the graveyard as material for a Fusion Summon and if you have 2 or monsters in the graveyard whose attribute are different than this monsters attribute, both players reveal their hands and all set cards on the field (flip effects are not activated at this time). Then if they do both players select 1 card from their opponents field or hand and send it to the graveyard. If a "Member of..." or "Delet" card is sent to the graveyard by this effect other than this card you may add 1 "Member of..." or "Delet" card from your graveyard to your hand. [/spoiler] 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Deleted Rook]

Rq9jxxe.jpg

[spoiler: Lore]

1 "Deletor" monster + 1 "Member of" monster
When this monster is Fusion Summoned your opponent reveals their hand. Then you can send 1 card from their hand to the graveyard. Once per turn, 3 or more monsters with different attributes in your graveyard you can banish 1 monster whose Attribute is different from this monsters Attribute to target 1 card on the field. Destroy that target. If this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Delet" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. [/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

@Tuesday: My only complain is that the Fusion requires a material with a monster Type, instead of the other archetype monster (in this case, a "Member of" monster).

By the way, and I apologize for this, but, for flavor purposes, we decided to make a name change:

Main Deck monsters will be named Deletor

Fusion monsters will be named Deleted

Flavor-wise, the objective of the "infected" monsters, the Deletors, is to infect/delete strong bosses from the DP world; thus, when a boss is successfully infected, it becomes "deleted", so to speak.

Oh... hmmm... see in my design, normal Aegir is his normal form, but "Deleted", infected, and corrupted. It's when that form is ascended that he becomes a Deletor; not just an empty husk of his former self but an entirely new entity with the power to corrupt and destroy. I disagree in the sense that a "Deleted" just sounds like an average victim or mook, while a Deletor definitely sounds like the big bads spreading the infection and causing damage.

Also editing card images and reuploading and resizing and editing the post is work ;_;

By the way, and I apologize for this, but, for flavor purposes, we decided to make a name change:
Main Deck monsters will be named Deletor
Fusion monsters will be named Deleted

Flavor-wise, the objective of the "infected" monsters, the Deletors, is to infect/delete strong bosses from the DP world; thus, when a boss is successfully infected, it becomes "deleted", so to speak.

Oohh ty~
Now i dont have to short the name of the cards that activate the effects of my monsters, since Deleted and Deletor just have the Delet part and the spell/trap cards are named Deletors

Archived