Gearfried the Crimson Champion

Flare909

Well, the whole 3 Level 8 Warrior-Type monsters is a pretty huge cost. Nothing comes to mind as to what can consistently make this card. Even if you build a deck around it, it would still be extremely hard to make; arguably more costly than Quasar. That being said, I think it would be okay to change the requirements to only 2 Level 8 Warrior-Type monsters and lower the ATK gain to 200. 

Indestructibility is a nice touch to it too, with fairly easy means to achieve. But to me, it just seems a bit bland. Just throwing an idea out: Since it is an Xyz Monster, ever thought about giving it something to do with its materials?

Also, just a random question: Why is its name Walter? I would have expected something like "Gearfried Reborn" with its artwork (which is beautiful) and effect relation to Gearfried the Iron Knight.

1. Bro the card original name was Crimson Gearfried; but I changed it to Gearfried the Crimson berserker, then searched for warrior names to give him personal name like Gifford the Lightning".

2. I knew this effect was either overpowered or too hard to summon Walter. Some Xyz monsters don't detach Xyz material, plus it adds more text, reducing text size.

3. Therefore I'll change it to two Xyz materials as it was before, and I'll change it to 200 ATK and consider new name than Walter.

Also I edited the picture a lot, to make it glamorous, if it was printed for real, I would want it to be holographic card.

1. Bro the card original name was Crimson Gearfried; but I changed it to Gearfried the Crimson berserker, then searched for warrior names to give him personal name like Gifford the Lightning".

2. I knew this effect was either overpowered or too hard to summon Walter. Some Xyz monsters don't detach Xyz material, plus it adds more text, reducing text size.

3. Therefore I'll change it to two Xyz materials as it was before, and I'll change it to 200 ATK and consider new name than Walter.

Also I edited the picture a lot, to make it glamorous, if it was printed for real, I would want it to be holographic card.

It looks pretty good as it is now. I never intended to make you feel like Walter was not a good name; it was a pretty nice one. 
And the reason I suggested the 2 material thing was because Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand, a 2-mat Rank 8 Xyz can pretty much do what this card does, except better. 
But now that this card requires 2 Level 8 monsters, it is much easier to summon with a longer-lasting effect, with specific and non-common summon requirements. And to make its effect live, you have to run Gearfried the Iron Knight, which does not really have a ton of synergy with most decks. As it is now, I think it is fairly balanced and playable.

With the current xyz requirements, I think it's ok to omit some areas such as the condition of having Gearfred the Iron Knight in hand/graveyard. Having a Gearfred as xyz material should be fair enough to grant targeting/destruction immunity. I'd probably try this in a turbo Phoenix Gearfred deck though if it was real :3

I should've mentioned this earlier, but do not use attachments to post cards in this section.

Instead, use the IMG code from the cardmaker to do it. (I know you're capable of doing it, since you've posted other cards)

----

Usage-wise, I don't really see any Deck that could feasibly run it.

It is possible to make, yes, but most of the time, you likely have better things to be doing with those monsters.

Only thing I can think of is using 2 Galaxy Knights in Galaxy/Photons, but why would you make this over 107/other Rank 8s that do much more?

Or you could run this in HEROs, but again bad idea. It gets the pump, yes, but not any protection.

As already noted, you do need to run Gearfried himself (and last time I checked, no one is running him; at least not in serious Decks).

Phoenix has some use in Geminis, but not really something that goes well in others. (You also have Lightray, but that's another story)

Maybe if we get Warrior monsters that can easily make Rank 8 stuff; this might see play. As is, not really.

(Again, it can be done, but 99% of the time, there is really no reason to make this over other generic Rank 8s that either have better offensive stats, effects or even both).

Protection from card effects is nice/all, but it does require significant effort to do. (Although it'll likely be around 3-4K when you summon it)

I'm not trolling you; it is the rule in this section that you don't use attachments to post cards.

Would help if you read them.

I also gave you proper CnC regarding how the card can be used with respect to the current gamestate, so I didn't come in here just to tell you not to post attachments.

Remember that if you post here, you're subjecting your card to be graded based on existing content.

----

Also, as a warning, don't talk back, unless you want to get yourself in trouble.

If you are told to do something by a moderator, then you are to obey that command within reason.

Uploading your card properly is a command within reason, and you are to follow it.

If you can't do it on your phone, then do it on a PC or wherever you can access a computer.

I have to mention this because attachments will disappear after a couple days, and if the attachment goes; the thread will be considered cardless and locked accordingly.

Go away troll, I use my phone to upload cards

You seem to use "troll" in unusual contexts. I don't think it means what you think it means.

But context discussion aside, this card is a little difficult to use to its fullest. To enable its protection effect, you need two different monsters - a Gearfried the Iron Knight (fortunately he can be nearly anywhere to fit the condition), and either one of Gearfried the Swordmaster and Phoenix Gearfried. Swordmaster is a Nomi, admittedly requiring Gearfried the Iron Knight to Summon in the first place, but also specifying that you also run Release Restraint. Not to mention both Iron Knight and Swordmaster are not particularly outstanding cards to run, and Phoenix Gearfried doesn't have much synergy with Iron Knight. Then you need to get another LV8 Warrior on top of that.

If you don't jump through the hoops to try and enable his protection, all you get is just a vanilla beatstick. Which gets outclassed by every generic Rank 8 monster available. So running him without dedicating is not a wise option.

You can afford to remove the Warrior-Type restriction on the Summon condition to slightly ease its Summoning. There are no non-Warrior Gearfried monsters in sight, and nobody would think about Summoning this card without Gearfried monsters, when there are other R8 monsters to make.

It doesn't, Gadjiltron.

He thinks I'm only here to yell at him for not following rules and other business. (In that regard, I only told him not to use attachments while posting cards; and that's a simple order.)

Regardless, I also gave him CnC like I'm supposed to under the Advanced Clause. In doing so, I said nothing insulting to him.

In fact, I essentially stated that while this card is a nice idea, it's not going to be easy to make with its requirements; especially with the abundance of other Rank 8s that do a better job.

(In that regard, you already mentioned it yourself)

----

He can make cards the way he wants to, yes, but just keep in mind that if you come in Advanced and post a card, you will have your card graded with respect to the existing card pool. Posting a card here constitutes acceptance to those terms.

If you cannot accept criticism in Advanced, then you'd be better off in Casual.

----

CnC is not insulting; you were simply critiqued based on its interactions and how viable of a choice it is compared to other options.

Did I call you out on your cardmaking ability? Absolutely not.

Just so we're clear on things.

No one gives a shit how long ago you started.
Given by this card, that just means you've been pretty crappy at it now, for what, 7 years?

No one cares if you think your card is good or if you like your card, if the majority who know the game much better than you think it's bad and can give proof and support and reasons.
This section is Advanced Cards, as in actually good cards, you know?
Try going in Casual till you understand the game as it is right now better before you come to AC, and if you can't take constructive criticism, don't bother at all. It's not "complaining," it's "reviewing."

And you're not supposed to use attachments because it eats up bandwidth if I remember correctly, and you can still upload it to IMGUR or something from your phone.

So get off your goddamned fucking high horse and stop being such a prick who doesn't even understand what he's talking about.

Archived