Dungeon Archetype

Armoire

This archetype functions as dungeon raids do in a video game. You have a Tank, a Damage Dealer, and a Healer to combat a foe.

In short, it functions as a "team" and one member of the archetype heavily relies on other cards within the archetype in order to properly function and maintain advantage; a more passive archetype rather than an aggressive one.

[spoiler='Monsters (4)']

[spoiler='Three Main Monsters (3)']g7Whbjj.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']If you control a "Dungeon Master" monster: You can Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. You can only use this effect of "Dungeon Master - Blitzer" once per turn. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.[/spoiler]

RQDpoHF.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']If you control a "Dungeon Master" monster: You can Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. You can only use this effect of "Dungeon Master - Knight" once per turn. Your opponent cannot target other "Dungeon Master" monsters for attacks or with card effects.[/spoiler]

EHzwhJk.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']If you control a "Dungeon Master" monster: You can Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. You can only use this effect of "Dungeon Master - Medic" once per turn. "Dungeon Master" monsters you control, except "Dungeon Master - Medic", cannot be destroyed by battle.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Other Monsters (1)']34uSA2n.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']If you control a "Dungeon Master" monster: You can Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. You can only use this effect of "Dungeon Master - Merchant" once per turn. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Dungeon" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Extra Deck (1)']

Ouowsxk.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner "Dungeon Master" monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: You can banish 1 "Dungeon Master" card from your Graveyard; this card gains that monster's original effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card effect targets this card: You can negate that effect. You can only control 1 "Elite Dungeon Master - Paragon".
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Dungeon Spells (2)']

Here is the [supposed] key Spell/Trap:

917jN0k.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']You can only control 1 "Dungeon Reward - Loot!". Once per turn, if you control a "Dungeon Master" monster: You can Roll a six-sided die, then apply the result.
1: Send this card to the Graveyard.
2: Discard 1 card or take 1000 damage.
3: All monsters you currently control gain 800 ATK and DEF.
4: Add 1 "Dungeon" Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand.
5: Set 1 Spell/Trap card from your opponent's Graveyard to your side of the field.
6: Draw 1 card for each "Dungeon Master" monster you control.[/spoiler]

A1qOv11.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Activate only if you control a "Dungeon Master" monster. Add up to 2 "Dungeon Master" monsters with different names from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Dungeon Skill - Revitalize!" per turn.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Dungeon Traps (2)']

wHEbqNa.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']All "Dungeon Master" monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each "Dungeon Master" monster you control. If a "Dungeon Master" monster you control is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Dungeon Master" monster with a different name from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Dungeon Skill - Grind Through!" once per turn.[/spoiler]

f7WCwng.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Activate only during your opponent's turn. "Dungeon Master" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of this turn. If a "Dungeon Master" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead of destroying those monsters.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[hr]

Number of Main Deck Monsters: 4

Number of Extra Deck Monsters: 1

Number of Spells: 2

Number of Traps: 2
Total Number of Cards: 9

Planning to add either 1 more main deck monster or Extra Deck monster.

Planning to add 1 Synchro, 1 Effect Monster, 2 Spells, and 2 Traps.

I'm curious as to what you're trying to do, because the archetype seems to have an unclear focus.  You have blitz for and the swarming for aggro, similar to Blackwings, but the other 2 are a bit more stallishswarm, like melodious.  I'd probably add some more aggro elements like an 1800 beater with an armades style eff or some more utility (a tuner+synchro) along with a search card to allow for some toolboxing.  I'd need to see more to comment accuratley, but I like the idea that's shaping.

I'm curious as to what you're trying to do, because the archetype seems to have an unclear focus.  You have blitz for and the swarming for aggro, similar to Blackwings, but the other 2 are a bit more stallishswarm, like melodious.  I'd probably add some more aggro elements like an 1800 beater with an armades style eff or some more utility (a tuner+synchro) along with a search card to allow for some toolboxing.  I'd need to see more to comment accuratley, but I like the idea that's shaping.

If anything, I am going for the idea of "We can get through this with teamwork!" type thing; since in JRPGs, you usually have a minimum party of 3 with each member having a different role to play to make the team functional. 

I will be adding the other cards soon; I just wanted to see what people thought about the first three to see whether the deck's mechanic would be viable or not.

Is the synchro's negation effect supposed to be once per turn?  otherwise you can just banish the Knight to force your opponent to have to get over a 2500 beatstick without eing able to target any monsters, which against a lot of rank 4 decks, can be hard (if they can't get exciton)  I also think loot should have 1 more negative effect (take 1000 damge, discard a card, etc.) to offset the possible pot of greed/autonomous action unit/superheavy samuri susanowo eff.  I'd probably get rid of the draw eff and push the attak boost to 800 (so medic and knight can get rid of winda), but that's just me.  overall, once again like how the deck's going

Is the synchro's negation effect supposed to be once per turn?  otherwise you can just banish the Knight to force your opponent to have to get over a 2500 beatstick without eing able to target any monsters, which against a lot of rank 4 decks, can be hard (if they can't get exciton)  I also think loot should have 1 more negative effect (take 1000 damge, discard a card, etc.) to offset the possible pot of greed/autonomous action unit/superheavy samuri susanowo eff.  I'd probably get rid of the draw eff and push the attak boost to 800 (so medic and knight can get rid of winda), but that's just me.  overall, once again like how the deck's going

Thank you very much for your continuous feedback. It means a lot. Took your suggestions and fixed some.

Changes:

• I added the "once per turn" clause to the Synchro's effect. (Which was needed)
  • I lowered the Synchro's ATK to 2200 in order to make it easier to get over, but still difficult to get through via the other cards in the set.
  • I added a negative effect to the Loot, which is to discard a card or take damage.

The set itself seems like it has the potential for expansion. I feel justified to say that the synchro may be a bit powerfull with negating effects AND gaining the effects of the tributed comrades. One or the other would probably suffice. This is all just my personal opion and who knows; more card could come that could make this ballnced, like one that relies on banished monsters or equip cards.

More jarring is the easy instant summoning conditons, as this may cause a field flood witch would be ridculous early game.

If thats the gimic, then they should be a bit more weaker...

considering as it only gets one of the effects, of which only medic and knight are useful, I think having both effs are fine.  Blackwings have had this type of easy summons for years, plus recurring search, and they don't seem to be topping anything, so that once again seems fine.  Dropping all your monsters does nothing if your opponent has mirror force.

The set itself seems like it has the potential for expansion. I feel justified to say that the synchro may be a bit powerfull with negating effects AND gaining the effects of the tributed comrades. One or the other would probably suffice. This is all just my personal opion and who knows; more card could come that could make this ballnced, like one that relies on banished monsters or equip cards.

More jarring is the easy instant summoning conditons, as this may cause a field flood witch would be ridculous early game.

If thats the gimic, then they should be a bit more weaker...

I understand the logic behind your statement. But I just want to point out that they burn through their resources fairly quick, similar to Blackwings and Star Seraphs, and have arguably less search power than Blackwings. I also think this archetype has a hard time inflicting damage to the opponent, with Blitzer, Paragon or Rank 4 Xyz doing most of the damage. (I guess I will remedy this with one or two cards) heavily relying on their Spells/Traps. 

considering as it only gets one of the effects, of which only medic and knight are useful, I think having both effs are fine.  Blackwings have had this type of easy summons for years, plus recurring search, and they don't seem to be topping anything, so that once again seems fine.  Dropping all your monsters does nothing if your opponent has mirror force.

Do you think the current set is enough or does it need more?

Archived