Negating all millage possible (Majestic Necro Guardian)

DoctorMiracle

since the card says that only your opponent can't discard, the 'regardless of this effect' part is unnessisary; unless you meant to make it so that neither player could discard. which would be a bad idea. in fact it's already pretty bad. if you were to purposefully give this to your opponent (creature swap) you have an unlimited number of cards in your hand. (slifer would like to say hi). other than needle bug, i can't think of any card the anti-mill would stop. the anti discard basically shuts down your opponents hand traps,  dragon ravine, cards of consenence, etc. and dark worlds. it's pretty big, but can get run over pretty easy, which balances it out.

In any case, you'll have to be clear over what reason the opponent can't discard. If it's to activate card effects, phrase it like : "Your opponent cannot discard cards to activate cards or effects."

This still allows one to perform Dark World things where the discards are part of the effect, not the cost. (Dark World Dealings would be a straight-up draw-a-card otherwise.) It also means the player still has to discard when their hand overflows.

I like this card because so many archetypes and Decks have depended too much on milling. However, I know how unfair this card would be to many people because of that. Then again, it's not too difficult to destroy anyways. You could also just Compulse or banish this card.

you do realize it says that your opponent can't mill from your deck, right? not that they can't mill their own.

I actually tried to make this card to stop opponent's to mill their decks or hands to activate effects so it can stop cards like Lightsworns, Dark Worlds, and the like. However, I'm still fixing the wording to say stuff like that from advice from Gadgiltron from earlier posts. Also, I'm glad that you guys like the card. 

Archived