Uggla6 Released Set - Week 5

Uggla6

Hello all,

It might appear that I'm a newbie and that's because I rarely use this site even though I acknowledge it as a great site for Yu-Gi-Oh creativity. That being said, I'm proud to say that Yu-Gi-Oh has been a large part of my life in the last several years whether that's been investing, trading, playing both competitively and casually, and finally creating the cards I believe Konami should release someday (heck, I might continue to play). Every card I create is a card that in my head should be printed and would be a viable card in the game. Some cards are better than others and even some people may argue that some of the cards are too powerful, (although I feel that nothing I create could surpass the current meta or where it'll be in 6 months) but all of them have come from the deepest part of my creative. All of my ideas are original; however, the artwork is from some of the amazing artists that exist on the internet. The reason that I'm finally releasing all these sets I've created over the years is because I'm taking a break from the game. I couldn't bring myself to say leaving the game, because I don't think that anything will get me over my nostalgic feeling towards the game and selling certain decks that I hold dearest. However, due to the loss of enjoyment from the game, the last few and upcoming poor formats, as well as the tiredness from keeping ahead of Konami's economic scheme I'm going to be settling down. Even the original creators have moved onto a new game and company and so I thought that was telling me to do the same (the game is Cardfight Vanguard and anyone who is interested in learning or anything else, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help). Anyway, in lieu of this break I'm going to posting a single set/archetype that I have created over the years that I deem acceptable to go to the printing table each week until I've posted all my cards. Before posting I'm going to check for grammar errors and try my best to convert some of my older cards with problem solving text. For those of you here I hope that these cards can give enjoyment to continue on with the game, or at least be the inspiration of some of your own fantastic creations. Enjoy!

Well I'm back this week for another week of my released archetype sets.  This week consists on the Pacific monsters.  They revolve around supporting the boss monster.  The boss monster is summoned by discarding Pacific monsters and activates abilities by banishing trap cards from the deck.  It also can revive itself when destroyed.  This allows for a way to easily summon a monster that can have various effects depending on the situation and it also has the ability to stick around the field.  Due the numerous amount of dead draws in this archetype I don't believe that it would be meta, but it consistency adding cards and ability to cycle can help the deck compete.  So here is the Pacific monsters from below.

[spoiler=Main Monsters]

270471.jpg

Pacific Sea Kraken (1900/800)

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by discarding 3 "Pacific" monsters from your Hand to the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 other Fish-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. Once per turn, you can target 1 "Pacific" Trap card in your Deck and banish it: This card gains the effects of the targeted card until your next Standby Phase."

This is ultimate boss of the deck and what everything revolves around.  Due to it requirements is is hard to splash with other decks as it needs a dedicated deck to make it worth while and consistent.  That being said, when I created this card it had the ability to completely control the board.  This card can dominate a board and make pluses.  However, it lacks the finishing power that many boss monsters possess today.  That being said it is one of my favorite creations.

270472.jpg

Ruler of the Pacific, Master of the Kraken (1200/600)

"During your Main Phase: You can return this card from the field to the hand. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 2 "Pacific", except "Ruler of the Pacific, Master of the Kraken", monsters of the same name from your Deck to your hand. If this card in the Graveyard is banished: Select 1 banished monster, and return it to its owners' Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Ruler of the Pacific, Master of the Kraken" once per Duel."

This card's name implies all.  It is the perfect card to match up with the ultimate beast because it fulfills most of its weaknesses.  It allows for great hand advantage to counter the minus from the Kraken.  It allows for multiple revivals of your boss.  

270473.jpg

Pacific Bait Boat (100/200)

"If this card is discarded to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Pacific" monster in your Graveyard, except "Pacific Boat Bait"; Add that target to your Hand. You can only use the effect of "Pacific Boat Bait" once per turn."

For such a small monster line up that requires you to discard 3 summon your boss you need some ability to recover from your costs.  This card is perfect for that.  While it does take away from the Kraken's revival targets, you might as well as take the plus.  Non spashable in non Pacific decks and necessary in this one.

270474.jpg

Pacific Pack Fish (300/400)

"You can discard this card to the Graveyard: Add up to 2 "Pacific" monsters of the same name from your Deck to your hand. You can only use the effect of "Pacific Pack Fish" once per turn."

A very simple + card that in actuality does not help you create much more that enough advantage to summon the Kraken.  A very powerful card that card even target itself.  If you need it too it can become its own Thunder Dragon.  The fact that it is a water monster means that some Mermail decks might splash this card, but adding 3 of this card would really just end up hurt that decks strong yet delicate consistency.  

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Traps]

270476.jpg

Pacific Hurricane

"If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Return it to the Deck. Once per turn, destroy all other cards on the field."

As you will soon learn all the Pacific traps are continuous and have the first effect essentially making them useless to draw, while still being able to be put back in the deck to be used by the Kraken.  This card makes the Kraken a better Black Rose Dragon because it doesn't destroy itself.  It allows for easy 1900 pokes.

270477.jpg

Pacific Selection

"If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Return it to the Deck. Once per turn, destroy the 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that has the lowest ATK. (If it's a tie, you get to choose.)"

An easy nontargeting monster destruction.  Mostly a one of card, but due to being able to pick your effects, this card is not bad to have as an option.

270478.jpg

Pacific Deep Dive

"If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Return it to the Deck. Once per turn, target 3 monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 3 into the Deck, then draw 1 card."

This card allows for recycling your cards and adds the advantage of a free plus.  Be careful not to get rid of all your targets to save your Kraken though.

270481.jpg

Super Pacific Deep Dive

"If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Return it to the Deck. Once per turn, select up to 3 removed from play monsters, and return them to their owners' Graveyards."

This card is not as strong because it doesn't allow you to recycle traps which would in turn allow you to run less of them.  Instead it simply lets you re use the monsters you banished to save your Kraken.  That being said it still can be a help card to run at 1.

270483.jpg

Pacific Procreation

"If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Return it to the Deck. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects.

● Special Summon 1 Fish-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard.

● Draw 2 cards."

Two effects in one card.  And they are both great advantage creating effects.  This card is very useful.  Unfortunately realistically you have very few worth while monsters to Summon from the Grave and you are most likely to draw useless traps with your 2 draws.  While in theory it's a great card it lacks the potency that one may expect.  Still a useful card to take advantage of.

270485.jpg

Pacific Coral Reef

"If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Return it to the Deck. Once per turn: Target 1 face-up Attack Position monster. That monster cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects, or be destroyed by battle. It cannot attack your opponent directly."

The last trap card the the great beast has to use at its disposal and it's my personal favorite.  It's a great ability to protect the card that you worked so hard to make.  When you don't have another option to make your opponent hurt, then just play this card and sit until next turn.  No harm done.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

537429.jpg

Pacific Drift

"When a "Pacific" card(s) is returned from your side of the field to your Main Deck by a card effect: Draw 1 card."

The only spell card in the deck adds what is much needed for a deck with this many dead draws.  It turns those awful minus from drawing the traps into evens and allows you cycle through the deck when you fail to draw monsters.  Not to mention that it is searchable.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Extra Monsters]

None[/spoiler]

And this is my decklist that I've used to test with.  Please feel free to comment and create your own.  Also I don't think this deck is techable in Mermail decks, but if I could get another pair of eyes to confirm this that would be great.  No need to help that deck as it already does fine by itself.

[spoiler=Deck List]

Monsters (12):
3 - Pacific Sea Kraken
3 - Ruler of the Pacific, Master of the Kraken
3 - Pacific Pack Fish
3 - Pacific Boat Bait

Spells (9):
3 - Pacific Drift
3 - Forbidden Lance*
3 - Mystical Space Typhoon*

Traps (19):
2 - Pacific Hurricane