Photo

[CFV] Nubatama Stride Support

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Uggla6

Uggla6

• Members
  • 82 posts
    Last Visit Jan 11 2019 09:03 AM

Well creating Vanguard cards is much more difficult and comes with much less support than Yu-Gi-Oh, but I thought that I would give is a shot.  Additionally, Vanguard is fairly balance and doesn't rely on archetype likes Yu-Gi-Oh so creating cards is more difficult (when creating a balance Yu-Gi-Oh it's very easy to find 10 cards more broken than anything you created).  Also in Vanguard most cards have effects that mirror each other and the diversity relies either on the artwork or the clan gimmick.  All that being said I thought I would give it a try on one of my favorite clans (my 2nd favorite actually) since they always seem to be under supported.  With the release of Stride, clans with their units are starting to outperform the clans that still lack them.  Yes cards like Atmos can be used in any deck, but I feel that these cards would bring Nubatamas back to competitive, while retaining their clan gimmick, and without making them broken or tier 1 in any way.  So without any more distractions.  I will provide images, yet please understand the low quality.  I suggest just reading the text.

Cards

Posted Image
A place to duel with your (or my) cards online: HERE My Cards:
Week 1 - Varachnads Week 7 - Monuments
Week 2 - Piranhacans Week 8 - Stealth Dragons
Week 3 - Noble Novas Week 9 - Venom
Week 4 - Serpess Week 10 - Alcyonosts
Week 5 - Pacific Week 11 - Link Jester
Week 6 - Olympians Week 12 - Elemental Herbs

CFVanguard - Nubatama Stride Support
More

True Kings

Posted ImagePosted Image
All Your TCG Needs

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

星降る夜のユートピア

• 千本桜

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
    Last Visit Dec 27 2018 07:58 PM
  • Discord:Toyo#5410
  • Alias:Toyo
  • Spouse:Nai and an Airsoft model of an Arctic Warfare Magnum
Is it just me or is Night Mist kinda really strong? GB2 isn't that hard to achieve in the first place, and having a Diablo-esque effect every turn on a 16k Vanguard is a bit too good. Maybe change his no-guard clause to force your opponent to Bind something from hand instead of discard.

Posted Image

Uggla6

Uggla6

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 82 posts
    Last Visit Jan 11 2019 09:03 AM

I was making him based on the cards that where currently in the other clans.  For example, Chrono Jet Dragon.  Also the fact that you won't use that effect because you will most likely be striding over Night Mist Stealth Dragon makes that effect rarely used.  Additionally 16000 with a boost would make him about a 3 card guard (including the discard from the effect), which is lower than many current Vanguards at the moment (I do recognize that binding the card would effective achieve the same result and I might consider it).  That being said he is meant to be a strong card to bring this clan back to meta game.  And while I agree that he is very good, I don't believe it is OP or broken, but I appreciate your concern and thank you for responding.  

Posted Image
A place to duel with your (or my) cards online: HERE My Cards:
Week 1 - Varachnads Week 7 - Monuments
Week 2 - Piranhacans Week 8 - Stealth Dragons
Week 3 - Noble Novas Week 9 - Venom
Week 4 - Serpess Week 10 - Alcyonosts
Week 5 - Pacific Week 11 - Link Jester
Week 6 - Olympians Week 12 - Elemental Herbs

CFVanguard - Nubatama Stride Support
More

True Kings

Posted ImagePosted Image