Meteor Archfiend Dragon

Flare909

Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn; during your Standby-Phase, if you draw a Level 4 or lower FIRE Pyro-Type monster, this card gains 500 ATK. Once per Duel; you can use this card as a Synchro Material by banishing it (from your Graveyard); for the Synchro Summon of a "Archfiend" monster.

Now before you is the original effect I had for this card, thanks to feedback I got that it wasn't that overpowered.

I'm not sure how effective this card would work in the meta game. The only deck which can use it to its most would be Volcanics and they mainly use Xyz over synchros, and even then I'm not sure they would use Hot Red, Red Dragon, Thought Ruler and such. Being a level 7 does have its benefits being able to be used as material for Dracossack and Flare Metal. Even in Volcanics it still gains ATK very slowly it would take 3 turns minimum for it to get above 2000 ATK and that would be drawing at least 2 Doomfires in those turns. As is it can't really do much except be Synchro and Xyz fodder.

Yeah precisely as you said, if it can't gain attack, we can always use it to synchro summon useful monsters. It's last effect was meant to enable you to summon Archfiend dragon by having level 1 monster on your field, whilst this card is in your Graveyard.

I'm not sure how effective this card would work in the meta game. The only deck which can use it to its most would be Volcanics and they mainly use Xyz over synchros, and even then I'm not sure they would use Hot Red, Red Dragon, Thought Ruler and such. Being a level 7 does have its benefits being able to be used as material for Dracossack and Flare Metal. Even in Volcanics it still gains ATK very slowly it would take 3 turns minimum for it to get above 2000 ATK and that would be drawing at least 2 Doomfires in those turns. As is it can't really do much except be Synchro and Xyz fodder.

Pretty much this. LV7 makes it not very useful for a lot of the FIRE Pyro-oriented Synchro Decks, like Lavals.

There aren't many uses for this card from what I can see, which is why I was wondering what you were intending to use this card for.

Just wanted to pop in and say that you might want to reword the first part to something along the lines of: "After you draw for your Draw Phase, you can reveal the card and if it was a FIRE, pyro-type etc...". As it is now, it implies that you need to draw during the Standby Phase for it to gain ATK. I would also make its ATK stat "0" instead of "?" since its initial ATK is 0 and there is no starting condition that changes that.

As for the card itself... Well, it seems like Grave fodder more than anything. If you intended it to have any field presence, it would need to gain power faster. Maybe 200x the levels?

I thought if it gained power faster, you guys would tell me it's overpowered. But thanks I will make few adjustments now. And Dan this card was meant to be used as easy route to summon Archfiend dragon as intended by its name, well I'll get back to work.

I thought if it gained power faster, you guys would tell me it's overpowered. But thanks I will make few adjustments now. And Dan this card was meant to be used as easy route to summon Archfiend dragon as intended by its name, well I'll get back to work.

It's a LV7 Tuner, and there aren't many LV1 non-Tuners I can think of using, other than Volcanics.

Archived