Arin the Illustrious

CommanderVolt

Arin%20the%20Ill_zpsdfcixxvu.png

Arin the Illustrious - DARK/Fairy Xyz - Rank 4 2500 ATK/2500 DEF Effect -

2 Level 4 Fairy-type monsters
During your Main Phase 2, you can also Xyz Summon this card by using a rank 3 or lower Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) While this card has Xyz Materials, your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for card effects or attacks. When this card is targetted by an opponent's card effect you can activate this effect by detatching 1 Xyz Material; inflict 1500 damage to your opponent's lifepoints. You can only control 1 "Arin the Illustrious."

Getting back into the flow of creating cards, warming up for a project known as Sage's Bond between me and, who else but my master. The project which I will talk about more later, mostly in the about me until we can get things up and running. Like finding a logo...

But at any rate onto the card. Had the idea of "Punishment" lingering around in my head today and put it onto a card. Everyone's sick of Xyz Changes or so i've heard but i tacked Downnerd's summon requirement onto it, as you can see. I think my wording is mostly correct anyhow and it seems pretty intresting.

Well. CnC? Everything appreciated.

Why am I wearing such revealing clothing? owo

Anyways, the quasi "no OTK" clause really stops it from being too abusable, so I guess that's great. I don't imagine anyone runs R3s anymore since they have kind of fallen out of favor in inferiority to R4s. So it would really just be a hurdle to bring out a 3 first just for the sake of going into this. While the Life Burn effect is good, it still doesn't stop the effect or attempt to negate it. And it's still susceptible to things like Raigeki and TT. (Of course, if it negated and inflicted damage it would be a bit too good and outclass Cowboy by a big stretch.) All in all, it's not that great, definitely outclassed by other things and dedicating a R3 to just go into R4 when it's so much easier to go into R4 anyway makes it more detrimental than helpful. Not having any sort of protection for itself either makes it a bit less usable as well. Like maybe "If this card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects" or something along those lines.

Archived