Destiny HERO - Shadow

The Nyx Avatar

rHuDcJJ.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Destiny HERO" monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Destiny HERO - Shadow". When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can target 1 card on the field; during your Standby Phase, after this card was destroyed, destroy the target. When this card is banished, you can target 1 monster on the field; it gains or loses 800 ATK.

I've tired to build destiny HEROs before with a few of my own additions so I'd like to think I know a little bit about the deck style. Granted, it was before Masked HEROs were out in full though. Here goes:

Stats look good. Good ATK level 4s are something destiny HEROs need more of.

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Destiny HERO" monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Destiny HERO - Shadow".

Definitely a good effect. It rewards you for playing a lot of destiny HEROs in your deck. That's something they need more of. The fact that it only summons other Destiny HEROs makes it balanced. It can also re-use the effects of some of them like Dasher.

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can target 1 card on the field; during your Standby Phase, after this card was destroyed, destroy the target.

This seems reasonable, except for the fact that it doesn't involve destiny HEROs at all. I'd change it to have a requirement that such as having a Destiny HERO in your graveyard with a different name in order to activate the effect, though weather or not you need 1 in the graveyard the entire time is up to you.

When this card is banished, you can target 1 monster on the field; it gains or loses 800 ATK.

This seems fine as is. It could be funny with Dark Armed Dragon or BLS - EotB. As a side note, the anime card Doctor D. comes to mind but I don't think that's out yet.

Archived