New rules and summoning method, Ultimate summoning

I miss a lot of the old yugioh cards so I'm thinking of writing a fan-fic parody with a lot of new rules, a new summoning method and remakes of old cards. I'd like your opinions on the rules and on the cards that I have for the example.

First new ruling: Magic lvl

JYgXQWB.jpg

As you can see on the card there's "magic lvl2" written before his effects. If I could, i'd have the magic lvl go next to effect in the brackets so that it would be [spellcaster/effect/magic lvl2]. Magic lvl will decide what level of magic the monster can work with. The highest magic lvl for a card is magic lvl5. The magic lvl only matters when playing magic lvl spell or trap cards and has no relevance to normal magic or trap cards that can be played as usual. 

Second new ruling: Magic counters

juks3zW.jpg

This is an example of a magic lvl spell card. If I could i'd put it in the bracket with spell card so that it would be [spell card lv2] or, in the case of quick or continuous spells, [spell card (symbol for quick spell) lv2). It should be noted that the magic lvl on the card is the minimum requirement. If a monster has magic lvl5 then it can use all the lower magic lvl cards as well. Asides from the magic lvl you can also see that this card says to pay 2 magic counters to activate it. Magic counters are directly related to magic lvl. When a monster is summoned it gains magic counters equal to it's magic lvl. So using the previous example "light mage of the seal", when he's summoned he will have a magic count of 2. To activate "little magic" those 2 counts would have to be used as payment, leaving him with 0 magic counts. This means he won't be able to use anymore magic lvl spell/trap cards, at least until they refill. magic count refills every standby phase by half the monsters magic lvl. so when it becomes the opponents standby phase "light mage of the seal" will have a magic count of 1. If you don't use that 1 then when it's your standby phase "light mage of the seal" will be fully recharged with 2 magic counts. If a monster has a magic lvl of 1 it will gain nothing during the opponents turn and 1 during yours. With magic lvl 3 it will gain 1 during your opponents standby phase and 2 during yours. lvl 4 is 2 each standby phase and level 5 is 2 for your opponents standby and 3 for yours. A monsters magic count cannot exceed it's magic lvl.

Further explanation:

YrmgGh0.jpg

s1S43tN.jpg

Although negation is a card with a magic lvl requirement of 3 it only has a magic count cost of 2. Even though it has a cost of 2 magic count it cannot be played if a monster with a magic lvl of 3 or higher is on the field. So even if "light mage of the seal" has 2 magic counts, if it is the only monster on the field negation cannot be activated because "light mage of the seal" doesn't meet the magic lvl requirements. 

It's important to know that the magic counters must come from a card that meets the required magic lvl. For example, imagine that "light mage of the seal" is on the field with 2 magic counters and "fire mage of the seal" is on the field with 0 counters. You cannot activate negation and use "light mage of the seal's" magic counters to pay for the cost. It's also important to know that the magic counters must all come from the same place. for example, imagine that "light mage of the seal" is on the field with 1 magic counters and "fire mage of the seal" is on the field with 1 counter. You cannot activate negation by taking 1 magic counter from each. This has nothing to do with magic lvl, even if "light mage of the seal" had a magic lvl of 3 they still would not be able to share the cost of the spell. Of course there are exceptions

Exception:

cNWsXBU.jpg

This card has a requirement of two monsters with magic lvl 2. This means that 2 monsters with at least magic lvl2 is required, a monster with magic lvl4 will still not be able to activate the spell alone. In the case of cards like these you can distribute the magic counts however you want. For example, imagine that "light mage of the seal" is on the field with 2 magic counters and "fire mage of the seal" is on the field with 3 counters. If you activate sacrifice you could use all of "fire mage of the seal" counters or you could use 2 of his and 1 of "light mage of the seal" counters or vice versa.

Also cards like this would look like [spell card (whatever symbol) 2lv2].

New summoning method, Ultimate monsters:

0tigKZv.jpg

d0dqR0o.jpg

Yeaaaaaaaaah, as I said i intend to use these concepts for a story and these cards actually don't show up for a long time sooooo... no spoilers. Still, we can use these cards to explain how ultimate summon works. First off, on "magician of chaos beta" you see 'ultimate monster'. If I could I would put 'ultimate monster' next to the name of the card in a symbol with a U in it on the opposite side of the attribute. Example [(U) Magician of chaos beta (dark symbol).

'Ultimate monster' is different from fusion, synchro and xyz monsters in that it isn't a new type of monster. Ultimate monster would be more of a rank. For instance, with this example you can see that "magician of chaos beta" is a ritual monster. I'm not just using ritual for the card coloring, he is indeed a ritual monster. That does not mean all 'ultimate monsters' will be ritual monsters. A synchro monster can be an 'ultimate monster'. Same for fusion and xyz, in fact, some 'ultimate monsters' will be tribute summon monsters.

New summoning method, getting into the actual thing now:

'Ultimate monsters' will take up the same space in a deck as if it was any other card. examples: an ultimate xyz, synchro or fusion card would be in the extra deck and count towards your 15 card limit. Same for a ritual or normal 'ultimate monster' card, they'd be in your main deck and count towards the limit. 'Ultimate monsters' can only be summoned through ultimate summoning. So say you have a level 5 fusion ultimate monster in your extra deck. You wouldn't be able to summon it using instant fusion or would you be able to use any of those handy fusion substitutes for its ultimate summon since it wouldn't be a fusion summon. Now when the monster is actually summoned cards that target fusion summoned monsters won't work on the ultimate monster either since it wasn't fusion summoned(On a side note, the same for cards that target special summoned monsters since ultimate summon doesn't count as a special or normal summon). However cards that only affect fusion type monsters would work, example: you could equip your level 5 fusion ultimate monster with fusion weapon. So in short, ultimate monsters are still treated as whatever type of monster they are but they aren't treated as if they were summoned the same way.

New summoning method, how to actually do it:

The summoning of ultimate monsters is going to be very complicated. There is no set card to do them like polymerization. Each ultimate summoning method is going to be unique to it's corresponding ultimate monster, similar to ritual summons. A synchro ultimate monster will likely need specific tuners and monsters to complete its ultimate summon while a fusion ultimate monster will need a specific version of polymerization. On thing all ultimate summon methods will have in common is that they will all involve a card that is useless except for completing the ultimate summon. For example, a fusion ultimate summon card won't be able to fuse any other monsters except what's required for the ultimate summon. Same with the tuner being unable to tune any other monsters. These methods will be complex but the rewards will be nice, they aren't called ultimate monsters for nothing.

New summoning method, ultimate summoning

When all requirements are met the ultimate summoning process begins. When you ultimate summon you will place your ultimate monster in face down attack position. The card is not actually there and is just a place holder so that you don't get screwed by cards like the ojama's. Your actual ultimate summon will take place exactly 2 turns after you placed the card. This means if you placed it during your main phase 1 it will be ultimate summoned on your next main phase 1. If placed on main phase 2 it won't be summoned until your next main phase 2. Same with battle phase summon or a ultimate summon on your opponents turn(Not sure how you;d do that since I haven't come up with anything for that yet but i'm sure I, or someone else because i'm open to suggestions, will come up with a way). Now then when your ultimate monster is finally summoned no cards can be activated in response to the summon. This is necessary since the summoning take 2 turns, no solemn judgements or bottomless trap holes for these cards. Ultimate monsters also get a bunch of perks just for being ultimate monster(Didn't I say they weren't called that for nothing?).

First perk is that Ultimate monsters cannot switch controls. They're yours, you worked hard for them. Second perk is ultimate monsters cannot be forced to switch positions. Third perk is that your ultimate monster cannot be used as summoning material for an opponents monster. fourth perk is ultimate monster cannot be sent from the field without being destroyed. By that I mean cards like "compulsory evacuation device" that sends your card somewhere or "dimensional prison" that banishes without destroying. Basically anything that would work on "stardust dragon" doesn't work here. Mind you, you can still get screwed by a timely "sakuretsu armor" or "mirror force" or a "dark hole" which will destroy your ultimate monster if its effect can't stop it. So basically anything that wouldn't work on stardust is fair game. Ultimate monsters will have strong effects though so it won't be that easy though(well in some cases it will be if you're unlucky, or lucky if you're on the other side). 

Stuff to look forward to:

That's everything I have in the final stages so far. I also have ideas for rules similar to magic lvl for other card types. Examples being wing lvl(which would be all equip cards) for dragon/winged beast monsters or Modification lvl(which would be using your opponents monsters as fusion materials for cyborgs) for machine type monsters. Have some other vague type ideas but nothing as well thought out as those 3 yet, still working on them. Spell lvl will be a big part of the Mc's deck so please tell me what you think about the idea's staying power. I also have the deck types for the 2 other mains but haven't found pictures for them yet so I'll post those another day. Speaking of which, here're some cards from the MC's deck.

RfKXyjB.jpg

ntrww99.jpg

6UboL7M.jpg

5CzFKmy.jpg

pXTX9ve.jpg

KLQRbHD.jpg

7fGykJq.jpg

QajeT0q.jpg

Archived