huqagy.jpg

Phoenixians

A 9(?) Card Set

Created by ~Renegade~ 

[hr]

High above the world, nested in the tops of the tallest mountains fly birds of crimson feathers. With fire in their hearts and intelligence in their eyes, they wish only to live in peace, removed from the world. However, their tranquil isolation was interrupted by a group of metal wielding, hairless apes that seemed to be determined to destroy their way of life. They must protect their home. Protect it at any cost.

[hr]

5PIYS7C.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control. During your Standby Phase, if this card was destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster during your last turn: You can Special Summon this card and draw 1 card. 

QCS9TVU.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control. During your Standby Phase, if this card was destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster during your last turn: You can Special Summon this card and Special Summon 1 "Phoenixian" monster from your hand or Graveyard in Defense Position.

f9KCc5R.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control. During your Standby Phase, if this card was destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster during your last turn: You can Special Summon this card and destroy up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on the field. 

99sFkYd.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control. If this card is destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster: You can destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. If a face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in Defense Position.

xrXwvqG.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control. During your Standby Phase, if this card was destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster during your last turn: You can Special Summon this card and send 1 "Phoenixian" monster, other than "Phoenixian Royal", from your Deck to the Graveyard. The sent monster is treated as being destroyed by the effect of a "Phoenixian" monster.

JeGl1fK.jpg

"Phoenixian Commoner" + 2 or more FIRE monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon as many "Phoenixian" monsters from your Graveyard as possible, except "Phoenixian Commoner". All face-up "Phoenixian" monsters gain 800 ATK. If this card would be destroyed: You can destroy 1 other face-up "Phoenixian" monster instead.

Song of a Phoenix

[Quick-Play Spell Card]

Can only be activated if you control a face-up Winged Beast-Type monster. Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this card: Destroy 1 face-up "'Phoenixian" monster you control(It is treated as being destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster). If you cannot, take 1500 damage.

Rebirth of a Phoenix

[Counter Trap Card]

Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE Winged Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard, destroy it during the End Phase(It is treated as being destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster). You can only activate 1 "Rebirth of a Phoenix" per turn.

Ashes of a Phoenix

[Continuous Spell Card]

Each time a "Phoenixian" monster you control is destroyed, except by the effect of "Ashes of a Phoenix", and sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 Ash Counter(max. 3) on this card. During either player's turn: You can remove any number of Ash Counters from this card; activate 1 of the following effects depending on the number of Ash Counters removed, you can only use this effect once per turn:

● 1: Destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control(It is treated as being destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster); gain 800 Life Points.

● 2: Destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control(It is treated as being destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster); destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

● 3: Destroy 1 face-up "Phoenixian" monster you control(It is treated as being destroyed by a "Phoenixian" monster); Special Summon 2 "Phoenixian" monsters from your Graveyard, except the monster destroyed by this effect, in face-up Defense Position.

[hr]

After almost a year away from card making, I decided to try my hand at it again. Now, I haven't intensively played in quite awhile, but I don't think these cards can be abused by any decks to a worrying level. Like I said, I've been out of the game for awhile so there are bound to be some pretty big errors that I made. 

As always, constructive criticism and OCG is greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Like the theme, much truer to the idea of phoenix than my deck was, but you do seem to be lacking power.  I'd personally make then 200 DEF instead of 0 so that you can use flamevell cards/ rekindling in a hybrid deck, but that's just me.  Additionally, this seems a little slow for normal competition, and has pretty much no on theme outs to unicore/winda/lose 1 turn, but that may be how you want it.  I'd probably take this the way of Ghostricks and give them some more backrow to help them out, but I could see just leaving it to off theme cards to deal with threats.  1 question: why is rebirth a counter trap?  I'm assuming it was supposed to be a normal trap and you just mistyped, but I'm not sure.

Do you ever make a topic and then totally forget about it and then just out of the blue you suddenly you remember that you have a creation you have not attended to? Well that's what happened here. So anyway....

Like the theme, much truer to the idea of phoenix than my deck was, but you do seem to be lacking power.  I'd personally make then 200 DEF instead of 0 so that you can use flamevell cards/ rekindling in a hybrid deck, but that's just me.  Additionally, this seems a little slow for normal competition, and has pretty much no on theme outs to unicore/winda/lose 1 turn, but that may be how you want it.  I'd probably take this the way of Ghostricks and give them some more backrow to help them out, but I could see just leaving it to off theme cards to deal with threats.  1 question: why is rebirth a counter trap?  I'm assuming it was supposed to be a normal trap and you just mistyped, but I'm not sure.

First off, thank you for commenting! Second, thank you for addressing the theme. For me, my favorite thing about card making is finding the right flavor for the card so having other people comment on it makes me so happy. I thought about making their defense 200, but it is just so commonly seen with fire archetypes that I thought it might be a bit tacky. If, by some random miracle, someone else decides to drop a comment here and they express a similar view I'll probably go ahead and change it. I mean, logically it makes sense to do that, but thematically it does seem a bit tacky imo. 

I agree that they are probably too slow to be played competitively. Definitely too slow to be played in a non-hybrid deck. What, in your opinion, should be added to give them more of an edge? (This question is expressed to all potential viewers)

The reason I had it as a counter trap was that I wanted it to be able to be activated in the case of facing a direct attack. Now, my card making skills are incredibly rusty and as a result I could have made a huge faux paus there, so let me know if that 1) breaks the card or 2) doesn't do what I want it to do.

Thanks again for commenting! 

I'd probably make all the cards summon back in the next standby phase rather than your next standby phase so you can have some defense/plays with song of the phoenix.  Additionally, I'd add some more cards that can destroy them on your opponent's turn and gain you card advantage (a themed swallow's nest that destroys instead of tributes, for example.)  And you gain play normal and continuous traps in response to direct attacks.  Counter traps are usually to negate an effect, with the only notable exception being negate attack (which is what I'm assuming you based rebirth on). to facilitate lord I might throw in some card similar to searing flame wall, since this deck takes a while to get monster on the field, but you may not want first turn lord's to be a 2 card combo. 

adore the archtype, i really like slow decks that actually work and i feel these might get away with it there are some things i would like to adress, firstly surely it would be easier instead of writing "if this card is destroyed by the effect os a "Phoenixian" monster" you could write "if this card is destroyed by the effect of a "phoenix" card" as this includes the spell/traps and the monsters so you can get rid of all the (is treated as being destroyed by a phoenixian monster). plus destroying implys sending to the graveyard so phoenixian noble can read "and destroy one phoenixian monster in your deck" i wouldnt make them 200 defense unless you have a good reason, i feel 1000/0 is a cool stat line and i like how you designed lord so everything is a 1800. Soldier proc's themselves so you can constantly have a monster to stop battle which seems alightly unfair but i mean im not stopping you if thats what you want, there are cards that cannot be destroyed by battle this doesnt seem that much more op. On second thoughts an infinite life gain with rainbow life doesnt seem that fair, no i feel that needs to be changed. Just needs to summon in defense to stop stupid combos with rainbow life. Again in general love it.

EDIT: my bad it already says that

Archived