Synchro Call

Monarch King

Fl5smKg.jpg

If you control no monsters: Pay half your LP; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. Its effects are negated until the end of this turn, also banish it when it leaves the field. You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card (but you can Set).

I'm curious: what did you have in mind for this card's intended use?

Half your LP is a steep cost for at best AoJ Catastor or Magical Android. Also you can't summon other monsters that turn so you can't use the monster you get to start combos. The only 1 per turn restriction seems unnecessary since "you cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card (but you can Set)." already covers it. I'm aware that this kind of summoning mechanic is a delicate balance between too good and not good enough, however I think you could remove some of the restrictions and this card would still be balanced.

From a ruling perspective, you don't need "ignoring summoning conditions" unless you want to summon a monster with a summoning restriction like shooting qasar dragon or ally of justice field marshal. Generally Syncho monsters can be summoned from the extra deck by means other then synchro summon, assuming you have a way to do so, they just won't be able to be summoned afterwards by call of the haunted or a similar card. Two examples of this are starlight road and lightning tricorn.

Thus I'd revise this to:

"If you control no monsters: Pay half your LP; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. Its effects are negated until the end of this turn, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate 1 "Synchro Call" per turn."

I do have to say that your mastery of card grammar is apparent here. You know exactly where the ":"s and ";"s go and where they don't.

Half your LP is a steep cost for at best AoJ Catastor or Magical Android. Also you can't summon other monsters that turn so you can't use the monster you get to start combos. The only 1 per turn restriction seems unnecessary since "you cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card (but you can Set)." already covers it. I'm aware that this kind of summoning mechanic is a delicate balance between too good and not good enough, however I think you could remove some of the restrictions and this card would still be balanced.

From a ruling perspective, you don't need "ignoring summoning conditions" unless you want to summon a monster with a summoning restriction like shooting qasar dragon or ally of justice field marshal. Generally Syncho monsters can be summoned from the extra deck by means other then synchro summon, assuming you have a way to do so, they just won't be able to be summoned afterwards by call of the haunted or a similar card. Two examples of this are starlight road and lightning tricorn.

Thus I'd revise this to:

"If you control no monsters: Pay half your LP; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. Its effects are negated until the end of this turn, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate 1 "Synchro Call" per turn."

I do have to say that your mastery of card grammar is apparent here. You know exactly where the ":"s and ";"s go and where they don't.

Technically it's an Instant Fusion for Synchros, with an huge cost, but still, I guess that would be the last thing we need, since Qasar has enough combos, so I would rather revise this card to:

If you control no monsters: Pay 2000 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower non-Tuner Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. Its effects are negated until the end of this turn, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate 1 "Synchro Call" per turn.

Technically it's an Instant Fusion for Synchros, with an huge cost, but still, I guess that would be the last thing we need, since Qasar has enough combos, so I would rather revise this card to:

If you control no monsters: Pay 2000 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower non-Tuner Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. Its effects are negated until the end of this turn, also banish it when it leaves the field. You can only activate 1 "Synchro Call" per turn.

I agree with the non-tuner part

I agree with the non-tuner part

I dunno but imo, halving you LP is not a real cost as it appears, since you can fulfill anytime during the duel, massive yeah, but not an actual cost for this card, cause unlike fusions (who has a 1000 LP cost for IF), Sycnhros need more resources and efforts (I guess ._.)  

EDIT: I made 1000 post !! :3 YAAAY

My plan was to make this card for an instant Shi En (or Naturia Beast?) since its a Level 5 Synchro monster and Synchro Call negates its eff only during the turn that it is summoned so you can use its eff from your opponent's next turn unless your opponent has bottomless or something else to answer. Synchro Call would make Shi En a basic Synchro for all Decks.

My plan was to make this card for an instant Shi En (or Naturia Beast?) since its a Level 5 Synchro monster and Synchro Call negates its eff only during the turn that it is summoned so you can use its eff from your opponent's next turn unless your opponent has bottomless or something else to answer. Synchro Call would make Shi En a basic Synchro for all Decks.

I totally forgot about them.

Archived