Darkness Dracore! [Generic thing ? =3]

Marco Polo

DarknessDracore.jpg

2 Dragon-Type monsters

You can only use 1 "Darkness Dracore" effect per turn and only once that turn.

(1) : During either player's turn: You can have this card's ATK become 0 and target 1 other monster on the field; that target gains 2000 ATK until the end of the turn.

(2) : You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; make its ATK 0 and increase the ATK of 1 other monster you control by 1000 until the end of the turn.

*****The second effect was typed in wrong, it should say "and increase the ATK of 1 other monster you control by 1000.." (i.e you can't raise Darkness Dracore's ATK).

@Card art drawn and painted by myself :-)

Discuss.

I personally feel the 2nd effect needs a drawback to it. It feels like a more situational RoD. I mean, it's a Fusion and eff requires another monster, but still rather strong. Perhaps have it raise the ATK of an opponent's monster by a small amount? (500-800?) Otherwise this card is decent, first effect is not super crazy, but it seems slightly scary that Dragons have a monster that requires 2 of them (Then again I said the same with Zombies and it did nothing). I dig it tho!

I personally feel the 2nd effect needs a drawback to it. It feels like a more situational RoD. I mean, it's a Fusion and eff requires another monster, but still rather strong. Perhaps have it raise the ATK of an opponent's monster by a small amount? (500-800?) Otherwise this card is decent, first effect is not super crazy, but it seems slightly scary that Dragons have a monster that requires 2 of them (Then again I said the same with Zombies and it did nothing). I dig it tho!

I'll leave the 2nd effect as it is for now, for pretty obvious usability reasons.

Also, what did you mean by raising the ATK of an opponent's monster by a small amount? If I understand correctly, that's give one of yours 1000 and one of the opponent's 500?, If so, the suggested effect would barely achieve anything, even when you already hold advantage.

I'll leave the 2nd effect as it is for now, for pretty obvious usability reasons.

Also, what did you mean by raising the ATK of an opponent's monster by a small amount? If I understand correctly, that's give one of yours 1000 and one of the opponent's 500?, If so, the suggested effect would barely achieve anything, even when you already hold advantage.

What I mean is JUST raise the opponent's monster, and more that I thought about it, giving opp monster 1000 seems warrantable 800-1000 is what I would say, cause you can technically do bs with this like:

- Activate Poly, send any LIGHT and any DARK Dragon, there are lots of these btw. Summon this thing

- Summon BLS

- Lower opponent's ATK to 0, boost BLS by 1000 (BLS is at 4k)

- Attack twice with BLS for 8k damage and if needbe, Dracore for 25. GG

What I mean is JUST raise the opponent's monster, and more that I thought about it, giving opp monster 1000 seems warrantable 800-1000 is what I would say, cause you can technically do bs with this like:

- Activate Poly, send any LIGHT and any DARK Dragon, there are lots of these btw. Summon this thing

- Summon BLS

- Lower opponent's ATK to 0, boost BLS by 1000 (BLS is at 4k)

- Attack twice with BLS for 8k damage and if needbe, Dracore for 25. GG

I should increase an opponent's monster by 1000 ATK, and only then I can give myself the privilege of giving one of mine 800-1000? that's pretty much very counterproductive.

Thing is this isn't just made for BLS, making it boost both monsters completely incinerates any reason to use this effect at all (..except for that @1 BLS) I'd rather scrap the 2nd effect completely.

Ugh dat BLS makes me want to hang myself really. thnx konami

Anyway, can't that happen with all ATK boosts? BLS turns any boost you'll give it and multiply it by 2 with enormous ATK.

I should increase an opponent's monster by 1000 ATK, and only then I can give myself the privilege of giving one of mine 800-1000? that's pretty much very counterproductive.
Thing is this isn't just made for BLS, making it boost both monsters completely incinerates any reason to use this effect at all (..except for that @1 BLS) I'd rather scrap the 2nd effect completely.
Ugh dat BLS makes me want to hang myself really. thnx konami

Anyway, can't that happen with all ATK boosts? BLS turns any boost you'll give it and multiply it by 2 with enormous ATK.

Yes, but this one takes the opponent's monster ATK to 0, which is where the OTKs then become consistent. It's the drop of the OPPONENT'S monster to 0 AS A COST (So can't negate the drop) that makes it super powerful, not the increase. THAT is the privilege in this case, The fact that it has no cost other than a Fusion Summon and needing another monster is really just sorta ridiculous. I could probably make a whole Deck around trying to make this thing happen actually. Long story short, it probably is better to take the 2nd effect out if you find it to be counterproductive with such an idea for drawback

@Marco Polo

You could make Dracore change to Defense Position (you could still use it as a Material monster if need be, but it wouldn't be able to attack in and of itself). 

To make an opponent's monster 0 and to boost one you control is quite a lot.

You could alternatively add a discard cost (like reptilleanne Medusa). You'll keep field advantage at a cost of hand advantage.

Archived