[Leaderboard] GarlandChaos VS Tinkerer [Finished]

GarlandChaos

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.

-First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.

-All voters must elaborate on their votes.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Cards must be PM'd to me, the host.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

-Cards must be submitted by May 30th.

-Voting ends on June 2nd.

Requirements:

-Make a Ritual, Fusion, Xyz, Synchro, or Pendulum Effect Monster based on a real world deity.

Entries:

[spoiler='Card A']

I7vsZ8s.jpg

Lore:
2 Level 3 monsters
When this card is Special Summoned, both players reveal their hands. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can detach 1 XYZ Material from this card to target 1 set card on both player's fields. Give control of those cards to the opponent. Neither player may activate cards in response to this effect. During your Draw Phase, before you draw, you may reveal the top card of your deck; return it to the top of your Deck or send it to your Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B']

w1H8AhT.jpg

Lore:

3 level 6 LIGHT Monsters
Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can detach 1 Xyz material from it instead; this card gains ATK or DEF equal to half the opposing Monster's ATK. Once per turn, during your opponent's Standby Phase, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; target 1 face-down Monster your opponent controls at random and gain control of it until the End Phase.

[/spoiler]

Card A is very weird. The effects aren't the most cohesive, the S/T gift, while interesting, I'm not sure what exactly it would accomplish, except some type of control with cards your opponent cannot use. First and last effects seem like fun little niches, on the other hand, and while it's not the most competitive Rank 3, the design is flavorful enough to be interesting.

Card B… how do I put this? The Summoning requirements don't make it appealing at all. It has a save in destruction negation, which is nice. The second effect seems very random, to put it mildly, and it limits the full potential of this card to a small number of situations, which combined with the summoning requirements just kills it. And how did this idea come from Vishnu?

Vote for Card A on more appealing design, wider usability and just being rather creative. 

Archived